OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey thats cool, I have to get out there to California on the SG and give it a try myself. My wife and I are full timers in a 40 motorhome and are planning a trip to California one day soon I hope.

I've been telling my husband to get me a motorhome for years… I think he's afraid I'll take off in it and never come back. LOL!!!

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just thought I'd share...

Attachments

• image-443107769.jpg
    image-443107769.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 200
OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just need to release a little steam here guys.... Sorry...

So, after 17 years of marriage, and my husband telling me that I needed a hobby, I've finally found a hobby (as of 5/25/14).
It's my very first hobby that I've ever had in my life... GOLD PROSPECTING, and I really enjoy it!

So, now every time My husband wants to pick a fight he throws out at me... "Why don't you just go dig for gold, that's all you ever want to do anyway."

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH! I mean I don't say to him, "Why don't you go ride your mountain bike, that's all you ever want to do anyway! Why don't you go to the gym, that's all you ever want to do anyway!" It's soooooo stooooopid! It's like now he can't stand it that I have an interest other than sitting at home waiting for him to come home like a little puppy to pat my head. And he flat out refuses to go with me to the river as if to punish me! (Although I must admit that it sure is nice to get away alone for some serenity!) But really... WTH!!!

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's perhaps unwise of me to comment here, but the frustration you vent here, along with the quote after your signature speaks volumes.

Mike

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sherry..I can't imagine what it'd be like if my wife didn't like prospecting..Go to a local club meeting and meet folks with your same interest..You'll be surprised how friendly the ladies are..They're also into many other interests also..Maybe hubby will come around..If not, it's also a good place to meet some nice guys ...Just sayin..Many of us have been there done that....It's not uncommon for interests to grow in opposite directions ...Ain't nothin new..We only have one life to live..and if you're not enjoying it..it can be miserable...You can't push a rope ...Good luck...

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I say keep prospecting and find a huge nugget. Then show it to him but don't let him touch it........

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It seems I've married the female version of sherry's husband. Although we don't actually argue often, when we do, it's the first thing to come up.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sherry, I am the absolute last guy on this ol earth that should be offering marital advice but I will make this observation. I man should appreciate a woman that does not sit around eating bon-bons and watching soaps. Instead she enjoys the outdoors and has figured out a way to scratch up a little $$. Good luck on your prospecting and all the other little things in lifer.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man...

Been there done that. Do that. This time, next time and every time.

I'm still going though. Back before dinner. <3

Not enough cardio. Bazooka his ass up. "Non stop shovel all day enough cardio? No? Good, carry all this **** to the car". :) heheh
Hang in there Sherry!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and I have been married for 34 years and she is just happy to see me go. Offers to help pack the gear in the car........

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
P70, THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYIN! ;) And when I'm there I keep saying to myself I can fill one more bucket and sluice it before I have to leave at dusk and dusk turns to sundown as I fill 3 more buckets and the new headlamp gets turned on... ;)

GMojo, I guess if I hang in there a few more years that might happen... (Praying) LOL!!! ;)

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Just one more bucket" ...that's totally my thinking too! A shame he doesn't appreciate your passion for prospecting, you are the woman many prospectors dream of!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just need to release a little steam here guys.... Sorry... So, after 17 years of marriage, and my husband telling me that I needed a hobby, I've finally found a hobby (as of 5/25/14). It's my very first hobby that I've ever had in my life... GOLD PROSPECTING, and I really enjoy it! So, now every time My husband wants to pick a fight he throws out at me... "Why don't you just go dig for gold, that's all you ever want to do anyway." AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH! I mean I don't say to him, "Why don't you go ride your mountain bike, that's all you ever want to do anyway! Why don't you go to the gym, that's all you ever want to do anyway!" It's soooooo stooooopid! It's like now he can't stand it that I have an interest other than sitting at home waiting for him to come home like a little puppy to pat my head. And he flat out refuses to go with me to the river as if to punish me! (Although I must admit that it sure is nice to get away alone for some serenity!) But really... WTH!!!

As some have said, I agree-im not the one to give marital advice..

..yet, I wish you both the best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread