OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AzViper,
Backs are weak and seemingly easily injured. Very careful but continued exercise to strengthen all the muscles in the back and stomach is Big Medicine for me & my back. As you are in initial stages of recovery I'd ask my Doc or the therapy place about exercises and then be very wise about doing what can be done and then building up over time.
Best wishes for a Golden Recovery!......................63bkpkr

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wishing you a speedy recovery Az -- Had an accident when I was in mid 20s that compressed my L4 &L5, but being young it was easier to recover. That was many, many moons ago (now in 50s), but physical therapy and continuous exercise keeps me going. Will look forward to when you are better and start posting more prospecting reports.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If anyone wants to follow my drone (UAV) adventures I have a Facebook page up, I have many videos and many more to come. One of my videos is being screened at the local dinner movie theaters prior to the main attractions. I have also joined the Arizona Gold Diggers Facebook forum as my interest is on the up and up to get back to prospecting. Hope all is well with everyone... Keith

https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaAerial/

Video that's being screened locally at Roadhouse Theaters.

Please share with family and friends if you like.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! Keith, you are getting even better. All of your videos are great. Thanks for sharing and hope you are back this summer out looking for some gold.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the best in your recovery Keith. I'll tell ya what, those videos sure make me want to explore Arizona. Great job on them.

Mike

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dave, Mike, and Terry,

Thank you. I really do look forward in getting out this summer. I want to concentrate on drywashing. Just finished building a 44'x16' rear porch with new concrete slab, this young buck who helped me with the porch wants to go prospecting this summer. What better way to put the young man to work and see what we can recover. Yeah the UAV's (drones) are lots of fun when I can travel Arizona and record some amazing area's.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and I went on a little adventure into northern Arizona and into Utah. I took my drywasher with me and along the way did some digging and found some gold. I think I am going to put the drywasher to use this winter. One of the stops is this amazing area I filmed with the drone. Not sure if I posted this video, but here it is. Make sure to expand to full screen by clicking on YouTube then clicking on the small square on the bottom right corner and turn your volume up. Video was filmed in 4K if your PC can handle the video stream. If you like my video please subscribe.

Last edited:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, another great film Keith. I'd like to visit that place.

I see what appear to be trails in the bottom of some of the steep canyons and what looks like a road into the big basin. Are the trails from game and or humans? Is that a road in the big basin and can it be accessed?

Thanks Keith,
Mike

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AzViper,
That is some Bad Apple looking country and yet beautiful. I can imagine a Science Fiction movie taking place there. Thank you for sharing!...............63bkpkr

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gorgeous land, great video!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, another great film Keith. I'd like to visit that place.

I see what appear to be trails in the bottom of some of the steep canyons and what looks like a road into the big basin. Are the trails from game and or humans? Is that a road in the big basin and can it be accessed?

Thanks Keith,
Mike

Hi Mike,

There is a road into the canyon but not seen in the video. The road goes to a ranch but the bottom land is off-limits as the Hopi tribe does not allow access. The trails appears to be a game trails but the local tribe may use those trails.. One of the most amazing areas I have ever seen. While there we heard nothing or saw anything fly or crawl other than the drone flying and making noise. The map shows where I flew from and where a Hopi Hogan house's in the bottom land.

Hopi Hogan.jpg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AzViper,
That is some Bad Apple looking country and yet beautiful. I can imagine a Science Fiction movie taking place there. Thank you for sharing!...............63bkpkr

The black that you see along the rim is coal and why its call Coal Mine Canyon. Much further east is a coal mine, but this area I flew was never mined due to the low grade of coal. The Coal Mine and Power Plant is scheduled to close in two years.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gorgeous land, great video!

Thxs. It was amazing to be in an area that was so peaceful until the sound of the drone broke the silence. It was such a pleasure to bring home such a treasure to share with others who will never see or hear about this amazing area.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome back buddy. You've been missed. :icon_thumright:

Hey Jeff,

Yeah its been awhile but I am spending more time here and getting the bug to go out this fall when it cools off. How have you been and do you still have the miller table?

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Absolutely amazing scenery and photography!! It was so beautiful, I wanted more. There was another video on Coal Mine Canyon, but not nearly the quality of yours. My wife hates it when I hand her the computer and say, "Look at this."
No complaints this time!

It reminds of a white Bryce Canyon in parts; the Grand Canyon in others. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty.

Oh yes, I did subscribe.

Dave

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Absolutely amazing scenery and photography!! It was so beautiful, I wanted more. There was another video on Coal Mine Canyon, but not nearly the quality of yours. My wife hates it when I hand her the computer and say, "Look at this."
No complaints this time!

It reminds of a white Bryce Canyon in parts; the Grand Canyon in others. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty.

Oh yes, I did subscribe.

Dave

Dave I do the same thing to my wife, "honey come look at this" she gets so pissed at me. "You got to see this" "It will only take a second"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread