OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the bad news again strikes me. I have yet to see the orthopedic doctor but I heard a pop in my right knee at work last week. I simply moved my upper torso without moving my feet. I know what I have done and arthroscopic surgery I am sure is in my future. Been down this road before and know the sound. I am beginning to think I will never return to prospecting. I am sure I have torn the Meniscus in what was my good knee. :BangHead:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man, if it ain't one thing, it's another. Been there done that. Played soccer for about 15 years and tore my ACL in highschool. Surgery was the only option. Wish the best for you. Maybe we can send ga some paydirt from future outings while you recover!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the bad news again strikes me. I have yet to see the orthopedic doctor but I heard a pop in my right knee at work last week. I simply moved my upper torso without moving my feet. I know what I have done and arthroscopic surgery I am sure is in my future. Been down this road before and know the sound. I am beginning to think I will never return to prospecting. I am sure I have torn the Meniscus in what was my good knee. :BangHead:

Be well AzV.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

That is horrible to hear, Keith. I am praying it is not as bad as you think. Still, that is just terrible. I am so sorry. Dave

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dam Keith...you deserve better. Hope it's a quick fix and recovery. You know you're getting old when you can doctor up and diagnose yourself. A tough guy would fix it himself too! :laughing7: Get well soon!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to to be away yet again from the forums. I just learn my brothers condition has turned towards the worst. After going through a 16 hour surgery last year it sounds if the cancer is back. He has developed a mass in his neck of which he cannot move his head. A PET scan has been ordered for tomorrow morning. I was told last year by the team of doctors at Mayo Clinic if the cancer returns that there is very little they can do but make my brother comfortable. I will be heading out for Scottsdale on Wednesday to be with my brother and his wife.

Hopefully the PM's I received requesting some files I have will be received. Take care everyone...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to to be away yet again from the forums. I just learn my brothers condition has turned towards the worst. After going through a 16 hour surgery last year it sounds if the cancer is back. He has developed a mass in his neck of which he cannot move his head. A PET scan has been ordered for tomorrow morning. I was told last year by the team of doctors at Mayo Clinic if the cancer returns that there is very little they can do but make my brother comfortable. I will be heading out for Scottsdale on Wednesday to be with my brother and his wife.

Hopefully the PM's I received requesting some files I have will be received. Take care everyone...

I hope everyone will be OK. Prayers sent.

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't worry about the pm I sent you AZV. You have enough to deal with right now. Take care of yourself and I'm praying your brothers condition improves.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been sitting and waiting all day for the results from the PET scan. Results: The cancer is back and non operable. The team of doctors at Mayo have given my brother some hope in that the last PET showed no cancer prior to the new PET scan. The doctors believe the cancer is new and will attack the cancer with radiation beginning next week.

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's bad news Keith , hope the radiation therapy kills the ******* C , and your knee surgery goes well ..best regards Mick

Aufish

Feb 3, 2015
NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing your brother can do is stay off the hospital junk food diet of pure sugar/HFCS (cancers fuel source; specifically fructose). I learned through more first hand experience than I would like that today's medical industry is not there to serve your health, but for you to line their wallets, while much of the industry is comprised of people with good intentions... it's still $$$ over everything else. Cancers basically are cells with a malfunctioning genetic reproduction switch that slip past the your body's immune system, instead of being destroyed, via a protective protein coating built utilizing metabolized sugars. I never saw the logic in destroying your body's #1 (and only) ability to fight cancer (or anything else) through pumping your blood with poison killing everything it touches, hoping that it kills enough of the cancer as well. My brother lost his father to CHEMO, NOT CANCER! His cancer was "gone" after his last round of chemo and was about scheduled to go home the next day but ended up getting an infection that spread so fast, due to the chemo destroying his immune system entirely, that he was dead in less than 12 hours. All that pain and fighting only to be killed by the treatment.

Don't lose hope. Give the body what it needs to heal, whatever that takes, and so it shall. Eat a colorful diet & be wary of your water source. Get adequate sun exposure too, your body utilizes certain wavelengths for protein synthesis much like a plant & chlorophyll.

Ever seen a fire burn without a fuel source? me neither.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spent the day at Mayo Clinic today and the news is not good. The cancer was found on the inner edge of the vibrate near spinal cord about the size of a small fingernail. The team of doctors gave conflicting reports of his condition and prognoses. Today was day five of his radiation. No Chemo treatment is scheduled. The doctors did say this would be the last of radiation. Its now a wait and see if the treatment works. The doctors were able to the best of my understanding to control the area of the cancer and hit just this area with the radiation. He wore a mask that was made just for him that is bolted to the table so that his head will not move. I suppose the machine is computer controlled and targets just the cancer.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the day at Mayo Clinic today and the news is not good. The cancer was found on the inner edge of the vibrate near spinal cord about the size of a small fingernail. The team of doctors gave conflicting reports of his condition and prognoses. Today was day five of his radiation. No Chemo treatment is scheduled. The doctors did say this would be the last of radiation. Its now a wait and see if the treatment works. The doctors were able to the best of my understanding to control the area of the cancer and hit just this area with the radiation. He wore a mask that was made just for him that is bolted to the table so that his head will not move. I suppose the machine is computer controlled and targets just the cancer.

I hope he gets better, MUCH better!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just an update. Our family will be heading to Lake Havasu Friday morning to spend 4 or 5 days. My brother is now in home Hospice. There has been some mixed communications from my sister-in-law, my sister, and my brother of the time my brother has. He is a fighter and is going to fight this cancer. He says he feel good and feels that the radiation may have worked, but will not know until his next PET scan. The reason he was placed into Hospice was the pain.

Gold mining has been the furthest from my mine. Been toying around with a Drone outfitted with a GoPro to keep my mine occupied, but I do have plans to use the Drone to look at areas up close. The Drone is outfitted with FPV so I see where I am flying in real time...

A36.jpg A84.jpg A79.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread