AzVipers Road To Riches

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I hope to be sharing my adventures of my new trommel soon. Its completed and ready to run. I just have way to much going on right now to get out and about. With southern Arizona now into its 36th day of triple digit temps I am not in much of a mood right now, but once the monsoon weather hits and water is topping off the holes it may just be time to roll out the trommel for its first test.

20140621_183159.jpg 20140621_183223.jpg 20140621_182555.jpg 20140621_182731.jpg

I know the links are in my signature of my builds but for whatever reason members don't see them. Click on the links below.

Viper-Trom

Viper-Vac

Rubber Mat Miller Table

Blue Bowl Recovery System

Gold Hog Mats

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tucson Desert Gold Diggers will be raffling off Tuesday July 1st the Viper Vac I had built for the club. The club decided to sale raffle tickets for an entire month to help raise funds for the club. So any DGD members in these forums you may want to attend the meeting tomorrow night for your shot at winning the Viper-Vac. Even if your not a member but a guest you can buy raffle tickets and have a chance to win.

B127.jpg B128.jpg B129.jpg B130.jpg B131.jpg

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The key is to just do everything slower. I don't crawl out my hole unless it's a 100+. :)

Cheers to the monsoon! Prospecting during the monsoon season is my absolute favorite.

Good luck.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That trommel is just awesome...:occasion14:

BTW, if you ever find a way to put your fabrication skills into
a pill, please send me the first one!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really enjoy reading about all the stuff you make. Makes me want to try, then i remember i cant afford to mess up what i buy LOL

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really enjoy reading about all the stuff you make. Makes me want to try, then i remember i cant afford to mess up what i buy LOL

Duck, if you ever have questions feel free to ask. I learned a long time ago not to put trust in those that I can out build, cause at the end if its not up to my standards then I will feel guilty for not doing the job myself. Sometimes you just need to get your feet wet and go for it. Plan out your build and move slowly, think of what works and what will not work. No sense spending time and money on something that you will not enjoy. Its always better if the design is place on paper. Looks means nothing and at the end its how it works that really counts. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The heat is on here in Tucson, Arizona. About 10 years ago our City Council Board and Chamber of Commerce’s thought its best to have the City of Tucson show up on the national weather of being 5 degrees lower in our temperatures than Phoenix, Arizona in the summertime due to tourism. So the probe that measures our city highs and lows was moved to reflect the recorded highs for the day to be lower than the actual real temperatures.

Driving to our gold club meeting yesterday here is what I recorded. Three hours later at 7:45PM in the evening the temps are still above 100.

T1.jpg T2.jpg

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Keith! I thought that new trammel was going to be hot pink! We got a couple of showers here at the house but then the sun came back out and I thought some mean wizard had transported me back to Georgia!!!!

To those of you buying tickets for a chance at the Viper-Vac good luck!!! If you're the lucky winner you are going to love it! They work much better than any other vac out there in my book.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the guy or girl who won the Viper-Vac was not at the meeting and nobody on the board knows who he or she is as they left very little info. on the back of the ticket stub. Most likely the person was a guest and has no clue he or she won the vac. I got a feeling the Viper-Vac is going to go unclaimed. I hope the club has kept the raffle tickets so in a few months they have a second drawing with only the tickets that were purchased prior to the drawing. I was all set to get a photo of the winner and we had a no show, just about how my luck is anymore.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Keith! I thought that new trammel was going to be hot pink! We got a couple of showers here at the house but then the sun came back out and I thought some mean wizard had transported me back to Georgia!!!!

To those of you buying tickets for a chance at the Viper-Vac good luck!!! If you're the lucky winner you are going to love it! They work much better than any other vac out there in my book.

Na after seeing you the last time out on your claim in your pink outfit I was a little turned off and decided that the desert color was best.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well my father has taken a turn for the worst. He had a heart attack five weeks ago of which left one side of his heart blocked. The cardiologist said it was to risky to do an Angiogram at his age and the use of dyes will damage his kidneys further. The neat little Oxygen Concentrator we got him can no longer deliver the LPM of oxygen he needs and his kidneys has him at stage four getting close to going on kidney dialysis. At 91 years young its really tough cause there is nothing I can do to make him comfortable. Hospice will be checking on him twice per week as will the entire family as I am just around the corner from him where he lives. At this point each day we spend with him is a blessing. He's a tough old war bird and his final fight may take a while. He spent 9 days in ICU and was given up for the dead on his arrival after the heart attack. Luckily there was a staff doctor who had a few tricks up his sleeve on his arrival.

Prospecting days and the trommel are on hold.

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well my father has taken a turn for the worst. He had a heart attack five weeks ago of which left one side of his heart blocked. The cardiologist said it was to risky to do an Angiogram at his age and the use of dyes will damage his kidneys further. The neat little Oxygen Concentrator we got him can no longer deliver the LPM of oxygen he needs and his kidneys has him at stage four getting close to going on kidney dialysis. At 91 years young its really tough cause there is nothing I can do to make him comfortable. Hospice will be checking on him twice per week as will the entire family as I am just around the corner from him where he lives. At this point each day we spend with him is a blessing. He's a tough old war bird and his final fight may take a while. He spent 9 days in ICU and was given up for the dead on his arrival after the heart attack. Luckily there was a staff doctor who had a few tricks up his sleeve on his arrival.

Prospecting days and the trommel are on hold.

Thats too bad, i had my grandfather die recently
So i know how uou feel

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keith, I'm sorry to hear about your fathers illness. Having been in
essentially the same position in 2009, I can fully understand the
emotional turmoil that goes with it.

My dad was diagnosed with Leukemia, and then lung cancer within
days of each other, and just days after that severe pneumonia.
I know just how you feel, as our dads sacrificed so much for us,
and now we can't do anything to help them more than being the
sons they raised us to be, and be there with them while they're
fighting a battle we've yet to face.

Prayers are in the wind for you and your family.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah it’s been such a roller coaster ride with his health here of late, but we will take whatever days he is given whether good or bad. He finely gave up his car keys last week, I am sure glad he did this on his own as I did not want to take the keys from him, yet he has not driven since his 91st birthday in March. My brother will be in town on Monday, his fight with cancer still continues but with each passing day he's getting stronger. He has been riding his bike 10 miles each day through the hills above Lake Havasu. As for me I am completely healed from my shoulder replacement in December and my knee repair April.

Monsoon weather has begun in southern Arizona with our first measurable rain yesterday at 4PM. For those that drywash your days will be ending soon. Was hoping to get out during monsoon season so that I could use the water standing in holes to recirculate through the trommel instead of hauling water.

Prospecting and using the trommel is on hold for the time being.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Na after seeing you the last time out on your claim in your pink outfit I was a little turned off and decided that the desert color was best.

Looking up direction to nearest eye doctor for ya Keith! Robi was the one in the hot pink!

Sorry to hear about your dad man! Just got word from my sister ( the good one, not the evil one) that my own dad is a lot worse off than he had led me to believe. He's pretty much the "Bionic Man", but they can only replace so much even with modern medicine. I'm going to have to make a trip out to San Diego real soon to take care of some other family business as well as see him.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to have to get down there one of these days. So busy at work lately, all I want to do is relax and sleep when I am off. Sorry to hear about your dad Keith, get every minute you can with him.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking up direction to nearest eye doctor for ya Keith! Robi was the one in the hot pink!

No need to be looking up directions as I know what I had seen. To go with you pink mining outfit I got you a pair of Joe Arpaio pink underwear.

Joe Apaio.png

For those of you who don’t know who Sherriff “Joe Arpaio” you must be living in a cave. He is America’s toughest sheriff and is the sheriff of Maricopa County in Arizona. He built a tent city using old used military tents and the inmates live in these tents year in and year out in all kinds of weather in winter or summer. No heating or cooling. Inmates are forced to wear pink underwear as seen above.

When Sheriff Joe learned that Maricopa County Inmates were stealing their jailhouse whites, he had all the boxers dyed pink. Inventory control improved, so the undershirts followed – then the sheets, socks, towels, and everything down to the handcuffs. Purchase your own pink underwear.

Of course, Sheriff Joe still issues the old fashioned black-and-white prison stripes that have been featured on national news. You can see Sheriff Joe's PINK HANDCUFFS and prison stripes on Maricopa County chain gangs or at the Sheriff's web-cast booking sessions on www.MCSO.org.

Joe Arpaio has proudly served as Maricopa County Sheriff since 1993. Sheriff Joe's PINK UNDERWEAR, PINK HANDCUFFS, and his innovative law enforcement programs have been featured in more than 2,000 U.S. and foreign newspapers, magazines, and TV.

1224272267831_1.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread