EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy prospectors and miners,

Like many of you, I have a bad case of gold fever. I LOVE prospecting and mining for gold, and film making.

I am working on a Documentary on gold miners and prospectors in California. I need as many serious miners and prospectors as possible who are willing to be featured in a documentary.

Principles I abide by:

1) I will never reveal locations of gold found in videos. This is to protect your gold. Remember, I'm a prospector first, and locations will be private, always.

2) No lies. None from you, or from me. You can white lie about gold if you're getting too much and want to keep that private. I understand, but not the opposite.

If you are a prospector or a miner who would like to appear in a serious documentary please contact me.

Best to ya, and may yer' pans be yella'!

Erik the prospector

Last edited:

Axgar

Sep 23, 2005
Columbus, ohio
Love the idea. Good luck with the project.
I think the latest gold shows are becoming scripted.. if you watch carefully you can see shots being put in out of sequence of Time. So basically i am saying Keep it Real .. Keep it authentic.. and the drama will come.

Axgar

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you get to Denver look me up for the inside scoop :)

Caribou369

Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm pretty camera shy myself, but I love your videos! They are well produced and fun to watch. Look me up if you ever want someone to help you find and promote to producers, I am a marketing major with several years experience in different types of b2b and b2c sales. Pitchmanship is right up my alley :)

Heavy pans,
Caribou369

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I ask if you ever end up making a show in Alaska, keep it real, leave the bull s!!! out. We have had enough of that.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Now if you can keep it real and at the same time show that mining isn't nearly as bad as the "Greenies" make it out to be that would be great!

An idea for a series or maybe even a movie would be the case that Brandon Rinehart has been fighting against California over dredging. Plenty of drama there and it's all true for a change! This case has had more plot twists and turns than a Tom Clancy novel and look at how many of those have been turned into movies! A movie like this could also go a long ways towards showing the public this plight that has cost many miners their livelihood.

Just remember to do your research and keep your facts straight and I'm sure that every miner here that has grown tired of the "Todd Hoffman Comedy Hour" will follow your work on a regular basis.

gold_seeker

Greenie
Dec 13, 2014
Tucson az
Detector(s) used
not yet
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
show greenhorns who rant finding anything so some prospectors can actually have something to relate to-an empty pan .lol

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Caribou! Appreciate the feedback. I will keep making them simply because I enjoy it. Thanks for watching!

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Gold Seeker, I tell the truth, and that is the only way I'll have it. I have multiple moments where I have empty pans or disappointing pans in my episodes, but usually I don't show them as it's not very interesting.
Thanks for watching.

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now if you can keep it real and at the same time show that mining isn't nearly as bad as the "Greenies" make it out to be that would be great! ...
Just remember to do your research and keep your facts straight and I'm sure that every miner here that has grown tired of the "Todd Hoffman Comedy Hour" will follow your work on a regular basis.

Thanks for feedback GoldvenIrishman, my main goal is to do just that, "keep it real". It is a main tenant of mine in my episodes, and I will adhere to it. Thanks for your feedback and best to you!
Erik

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Washington has a lot of worthy places you could show different types of prospecting. Reality for miners is often a pan with just a few shimmers in it, and it still brings smiles to our faces.

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love the idea. Good luck with the project.
I think the latest gold shows are becoming scripted.. if you watch carefully you can see shots being put in out of sequence of Time. So basically i am saying Keep it Real .. Keep it authentic.. and the drama will come.

Axgar

I agree Axgar,

Those shows have all gotten incredibly scripted and ridiculous, and show very little gold. They all have their issues. The best gold show is probably Bering Sea Gold, but remember "Good Morning Viet Nome" >< That was hard to watch. That whole season, and a lot of other moments and situations that are contrived for tv.

I'm highly ethical and enthusiastic by nature. I will never lie about the gold I get, and don't try to be someone else on camera, or make up situations for the sake of TV. I prefer to just show what happened, including the gritty parts, monotonous parts, etc. My videos are just a blog, a video scrapbook, for me to reflect upon, learn, and enjoy.

Regarding this thread and making a pilot/show; I do not want to make a national gold show. I am not pursuing this. I have other goals. I don't want a TV crew in OUR favorite places, places you guys go as well, where they'll have a posse of cars and idiots sucking up time, giving away locations, and forcing another scripted crappy show.

I'm just all about going out and GETTING GOLD!
That's it!
I work to get gold. No kids, just good friends, hard work, and GOLD!

That being said, who wants to get some gold!? I want to metal detect for nuggets extensively before El Nino!

Good gold to all you guys!
Erik

p.s. Funny things happen inevitably on camera. In this one we have Marta slipping into the river, screaming from a lizard crawling on me, Marta hits her funny bone on a rock, getting caught in blackberries, tripping, bickering over GoPro chicken duel, Marta saying she feels like "an elderly person", and more. Lol. Good times. Nice color that day for the time as well.

Last edited:

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like you guys have alot of fun, like me and my female partner.
We have similar adventures, only we metal detect for gold. We go every weekend. And fight our way thru thick brush, rocks, and run into a few animals. Sometimes with teeth or fangs. Just for a couple little chunks of gold or sometimes alot. But the thrill of the hunt keeps us going.
Looks like you go to good places. Good luck and I hope you find more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread