425Jesse-getting ahold of that flour gold!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is so much black sand!!

Great photos!

JB

Thanks. The black sand had all washed down and layered on top of the regular tan sands. I wanted to trace it back to the source, but did not have time to do that. We were going to return to the area for vacation with all the kids and grandkids another year, but circumstances have prevented that so far.

OP
OP
425jesse

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out with my son yesterday! We had an absolute blast with weather in the 50s and no rain. The rivers are so high right now that we were forced to dig at the high edge of the creek bed, but we must have been digging in the right spot! Brough PB&J sammies and Funyuns for lunch and had one of the best days I've had for quite a while (thanks to the needed time with my boy Jake), and we did pretty well in the gold department too!! image-1906600440.jpg

image-20302974.jpg

Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That looks to be an amazing day to be shared! Congrats to you and your son.
Heavy Pans.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love that smile on Jake's face...tell him I say hi!

Nice looking gold too!!

OP
OP
425jesse

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sure will! Thanks Kevin!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's awesome Jesse! Glad ya got out there as the weather
is just gonna get worse for awhile.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like your son is your good luck charm, better take him with you more often. You guys hammered the gold!

OP
OP
425jesse

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-1773675973.jpg

Good spot for the bazooka.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful looking country. See your running that BGT steep.

OP
OP
425jesse

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went out yesterday, and the river was just jamming! Here is a shot of the zook working for it. Only brought the sniper yesterday.

image-1958423710.jpg

I ended up fully submerging it after a couple samples. Once it was fully submerged, pictures are a little harder to get!:)

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man those are some awesome looking big round rocks. I smell gold!

Sweet pics, keep em coming!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Running within the torrent

Heavy pans

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jesse, you are a pro on the Bazooka!
Run em steep and run em deep!

OP
OP
425jesse

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a great day today!! It started meeting up with Dizzy Digger, and dropping of a treadmill to him, as he is looking to kick his cardio into gear! Way to go Dizz!

Next my son Jake and I went to meet some friends that were running a 4" dredge. The were going to bring a 2" for us to give a try, but we are having a cold snap and it was frozen solid!! They did bring the 4" and got some good hours in on it! When the weather is in the low to mid 20s, and the water is in 34 ish, you know these guys are serious about their dredging!

image-3739436660.jpg

OP
OP
425jesse

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So after they got set up and running me and the boy went so a little prospecting! We found an area where some good looking bank was exposed, with a nice band of rust and blackness visible. Funny how much looks can be deceiving.

image-3101596627.jpg

Looks great, no color:(

OP
OP
425jesse

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So ultimately, we dug a big-a$$ hole in the river, right next to the BAZOOKA Prospector, and ran it like mad. We both shoveled for a while, but these were the thinnest river rocks we have ever dig in!

image-3095199127.jpg

OP
OP
425jesse

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to post so many updates, but I can only post one picture per post on my iPhone right now... The conclusion...this is our first clean out of a few...I really love the gold up here. If you zoom in you can see it is 3D!!! All the gold on the other Rivers i prospect are ultra flat and smooth. image-3540322508.jpg Hope everyone is having a good weekend, heavy pans all!

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So after they got set up and running me and the boy went so a little prospecting! We found an area where some good looking bank was exposed, with a nice band of rust and blackness visible. Funny how much looks can be deceiving.

View attachment 1079975

Looks great, no color:(

for a second I thought that was hamburger meat...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great stuff Jesse, love hearing about chilly adventures :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread