Complete newb, but Im having quite the adventure, and I havent found much yet.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just for fun.. In that greyish arc of black sand there are well over 200 pieces of gold, -250, .0025 inches or less, or 0.06ish mm.
There is gold in there so small its hard to see with a 60x scope.

Under the size your naked eye can even see, and apparently smaller than my cell phone camera can see.. That's a match head..
I think I need to pull out the real digital camera, if I can even find the thing.

Just some screens and a pan. No blue bowl, miller table, or spiral wheel.. No magic tricks and pretty easy to pan.

Valued at somewhere between less than a penny, and Nothing.

32992773373_534baf0697_c.jpg

That's the way it's done! Nice panning :)

OP
OP
bobw53

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't updated this in forever...

SO....

Gold Cube shot.. 4 buckets.. If you can see it in the cube, its going to be a good clean out. From about a month ago. Mid afternoon, about 108, just
HAD to get out of the shop for a while. So hot the dog wouldn't even get out of the truck.. She told me to put her bowl of water on the seat and
hurry up.

34626124033_bb18dae886_c.jpg

And for the impatient that don't want to look for the little random pieces. Quick shakedown, straight from the cube.

34594890854_a5a0b79a2e_c.jpg

OP
OP
bobw53

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't posted a pic of this yet.. I found this ??????? at a flea market last summer for $10.. 3/16 holes (same as the desert fox
trommel for the gold cube, so it does work) and fits perfect on a 55 gallon drum.. If the material is dry and isn't all clay and
muck it works REALLY fast. One of my best flea market finds to date, and I still have no idea what it is... I'm guessing
some kind of industrial kitchen strainer..

35352631355_fa369f250c_c.jpg

OP
OP
bobw53

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a first.. I was out with my Dad screwing around, walking down an arroyo, and HOLY CRAP!!!

A piece of gold just sitting there... It was big enough that I was able to CAREFULLY pick it up with my fingers and get it into a vial,
then got down and started looking and got a few more nice pieces by fingers alone... Got some dirt in the vial, but it wasn't a
bad little haul for not using a shovel...

I've found some smaller pieces by blowing sands out of the way before, but this is the first one that has been sitting right on the surface,
and it was big enough that it caught my eye while I was standing upright. Nice little fatty, not all squished and flattened.

37148941863_819ba8dbb3_c.jpg

Zoomed, and it still looks small.

23974392588_957a8abf45_c.jpg

And for fun... Screwed some parts up<--- that's not the fun part... (it happens, and its always the simple stuff).. Futzing with them on the bench and hey..
4 of 'em make a nice looking chicken foot.... So I fired up the welder and got my Artsy Fartsy on... For a quick and dirty, it came out pretty good, at least
I think it did.

37488162082_99ffc3e50e_c.jpg

bpete

Oct 16, 2017
Utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow great start, looks like you are in an ideal location. Funny how our perspective changes once we have caught the fever. Every creek bed and gravel pile is under suspicion.

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to Tnet! A lot of people here with gold addiction... Its an awesome forum with lots of people who share information and good advice. You'll find it pretty amazing how many little creeks and drainages have gold. Keep posting!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle eye!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is absolutely amazing that you have SURFACE GOLD so close to your back yard! Did your dad come down to stay for a while and find some gold with you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread