The Gilded Couple (The Gilded Lens) - A golden journey.

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice rain flowing down our little brook!

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only thing wrong with those pictures.... No sluice set up in the flow!

I asked Santa for a bazooka Sniper or even a baby bazooka but he didn't come through. Probably cuz he's been dead for like 500 years or something. 😳 Believe me I want one!

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went back down to the brook. Figured it would be my last panning of the year. Got a little color and a lot of black sands.

Found this outcropping of dirty and crumbly quartz. Does anyone know anything about it? Does it often bear gold or is it levarite? There was SO much flakes of what I believe is mica the whole bed glistened and some of the quartz had pyrite in it as well as that mica flaky stuff sandwiched between the crumble chunks.

Attachments

• image-4150205761.jpg
    image-4150205761.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 138
  • image-1304715541.jpg
    image-1304715541.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 153
  • image-3522257062.jpg
    image-3522257062.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 148
  • image-1140278185.jpg
    image-1140278185.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2348109599.jpg
    image-2348109599.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 135

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pulverize it with a hammer (wear eye protection) and then pan it.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The rusty stained looking quartz seems to be the kind most find gold in. Im no scientist but the redder the better. Its what ive heard anyways

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I don't have much to say for myself unfortunately. Itching to go prospecting either tomorrow or Tuesday, but don't know where I want to go.

We are back in the mountains where we belong after a week-long stint in SoCal with the hubby's family.

Have to admit that I was eyeballing the black sand on the beach and wondering how much gold might be hiding in there. Settled for photos instead as I didn't fly my pan down with me.

Went to Knot's Berry Farm for the first time in my life. The mineral shop there was a bigger attraction for me than all of the roller coasters. Had some nice pickers in there but wasn't about to pay for them when I can find them in my county. Really wanted a geode but the guy decided to take his lunch break and totally shun me. I'll stick to Disneyland methinks.

Attachments

• _DSC0226.JPG
    _DSC0226.JPG
    919.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Making a new nozzle for my nugget sucker (AKA hand dredge), will see how it turns out and if it even works well. Will post a pic. Never did get out last week

Heading to the Yuba on Monday. Don't know where to pan though as most of the good bends are on the other side of the river and crossing is just not gonna happen. At least the naked hippies aren't spawning in the river anymore!

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well shoot, got a wrong pipe fitting for my nozzle. Will have to head into work and pick up the right one. :BangHead:

Went down to the brook today to do a few pans with the Mr. Gilded. Some oak trees fell over part of the brook where there's a confluence. Looks like a mess of widow makers. This is why I have never cared for oak trees. All of the upper brook is dry since we've had no rain, so we panned in the nasty pooled water, but you do what ya gotta do!

Got the most color out of the brook we have to date, which isn't much, but hey we didn't have to go anywhere to get it.

View attachment 1107666 photo-3.JPG

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Too bad your written words don't indicate your dialect like a spoken word would. Me thinks you're a former East Coaster due to the references to 'Brooks'.
Former East Coaster myself and had to add the word 'crick' to my vocabulary years ago.
:hello:

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Too bad your written words don't indicate your dialect like a spoken word would. Me thinks you're a former East Coaster due to the references to 'Brooks'.
Former East Coaster myself and had to add the word 'crick' to my vocabulary years ago.
:hello:

LOL! I was born and raised in the woods of NorCal in the Gold Country. I say brook because it isn't a stream as it is seasonal at best. Granted I do have an odd vocabulary sometimes including words such as "wanker", "wonky", various British terms and the usual California slang (mostly from the late 80's from which I was made in) like, "gnarly" and "stoked". I actually did catch myself saying "crick" fairly recently.
:hello: <----- This is me, I'm just weird. Nice to meet you Underburden!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That little creek or "crick" is something I have wanted on a piece of my property ever since I was a young child. The fact you can find any gold in it? Priceless!
We do have one creek that is next door to us, private property and easy to access & work...which I have yet to explore. Thanks for the reminder to look in my own backyard.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That little creek or "crick" is something I have wanted on a piece of my property ever since I was a young child. The fact you can find any gold in it? Priceless!
We do have one creek that is next door to us, private property and easy to access & work...which I have yet to explore. Thanks for the reminder to look in my own backyard.:icon_thumright:

Me too! You're welcome! Life got in the way and we couldn't make it out to the Yuba so we settled for the yard and it got tamed the itch a little. LOL I still want a creek too, we rent/caretake on the property we are on. We have great landlords. I've always wanted a forest area with full-time creek and acreage, like at least 5 acres minimum.Poor little creek doesn't have enough water in it now to even pan. I told myself I'd get a horse by the time I hit thirty, but I'm running out of time. :icon_scratch:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I don't have much to say for myself unfortunately. Itching to go prospecting either tomorrow or Tuesday, but don't know where I want to go.

We are back in the mountains where we belong after a week-long stint in SoCal with the hubby's family.

Have to admit that I was eyeballing the black sand on the beach and wondering how much gold might be hiding in there. Settled for photos instead as I didn't fly my pan down with me.

Went to Knot's Berry Farm for the first time in my life. The mineral shop there was a bigger attraction for me than all of the roller coasters. Had some nice pickers in there but wasn't about to pay for them when I can find them in my county. Really wanted a geode but the guy decided to take his lunch break and totally shun me. I'll stick to Disneyland methinks.

I used to live about 4 block north of DizzyLand but we always went to Knotts instead. DizzyLands prices have gotten so outrageous it isn't funny. A normal family pretty much has to take out a second mortgage to go there now. At least Knotts Berry Farm cuts their admission in half from 4PM on. Only benefit of living close to Dizzyland was that we could watch the fireworks every night.

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to live about 4 block north of DizzyLand but we always went to Knotts instead. DizzyLands prices have gotten so outrageous it isn't funny. A normal family pretty much has to take out a second mortgage to go there now. At least Knotts Berry Farm cuts their admission in half from 4PM on. Only benefit of living close to Dizzyland was that we could watch the fireworks every night.

Been to "Dizzyland" once and that's enough. Too many people, lack of rides, noisy, overpriced, LINES, and rude people as well. Moving from place to place was a task itself. Anyone on this forum would prefer going mining for a while with all the money you end up spending than stay a day up there. Just my opinion about that place.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found my first gold at Knotts Berry farm. The origin of the contagion.

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I hear you! The crazed mom's with their strollers! We only go down their to visit my mother and law (she's great) and Joe's Grandpa retired as a chef from the Blue Bayou, so we were blessed with a pair of tickets. It was a great way to celebrate our 10 year anniversary! \

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone going prospecting in Norcal this Sun-Tues?

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone going prospecting in Norcal this Sun-Tues?

I prospect weekly. Locating a new claimsite on tues however with my partner.

Where are you looking towards? Heavy pans as always

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread