OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took some time to clean the garage. Found a pack of cigarettes, two lighters, and a beer I forgot to drink. Now how in the nine hells do you forget to drink a beer when you only buy a couple?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took some time to clean the garage. Found a pack of cigarettes, two lighters, and a beer I forgot to drink. Now how in the nine hells do you forget to drink a beer when you only buy a couple?

Forgot the beer? Prolly got caught up in gold fever!

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Table is done. Now on to the fun parts.

Attachments

• 20181215_130739.jpg
    20181215_130739.jpg
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ran into a little snag. Seems PC based machines and servo motors don't play well together. The PC just isn't fast enough to keep up with the servos.

I think I found a solution though: https://masso.com.au/ A standalone controller that eliminates the PC control.

With the cost of a new PC that has somewhat of a chance to keep up with the servos and a 5 axis breakout board, this looks like a very viable option.

And yes I said 5 axis on a plasma. With the length of my gantry I have to drive both sides to keep it from racking so that 4 axis and the 5th will be set up for this in the future:

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! If one is unable to interest others in building what one needs then one must build it themselves. Something about necessity being the mother of invention. Takes some knowledge, experience and the desire to move forward to complete what you are doing, my hat is off to you!...............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another small problem. When i welded out the frame I managed to pul it 3/16th of an inch out of square. I have a small come a long on it right now toqueing it square until I get some braces welded in. It need ot ba as square as inhumanely posible to keep the gantry from trying to go sideways will running.

I'll try to get some pics up later tonight of my hokey a$$ setup to pull this thing square.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post you got a lot of talent good luck Stay safe Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread