goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Rob... to be honest the Answer to your question should have to be "C" both of the above.. some times being an old long haired hippy pays off.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well after spending the majority of the day running here and there in Kingman, I'm,completely Restocked on beans and bullets. The trailer is packed and ready to roll back out the the area I've been prospecting.

Stops today included "The Gold Lady" for a few small items. Now of you are in the Kingman area and need some prospecting supplies you might want to check them out. The owner is a character, the shop small but packed to the rafters with stuff. Prices are pretty good and looking around the,shop,is,an,adventure to,say the least.
Bacause it's so,late in the day, I've decided to head back out tomorrow morning. I've got enough supplies for a month out there and plan on having everything ready to,file on
on worth the county by the end of,that time.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I am back out in the field where I belong and the township of Kingman is none the worse for wear. It was a great weekend but now it's time to buckle down and get to work defining that deposit.

I pulled into the same area I was camped in before, only to find a couple of trucks there. I ended up having to change my camp setup around a bit but that wasn't much of a problem. Got most of the gear unloaded bit still have some setting up to do in the morning before I can head out to start working. A bit on the chilly side out here tonight as it is supposed to get down into the 30s. Glad I've e got good gear and warm sleeping bags!

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the guys in the trucks took off and I've got the camp set up the way I wanted it. Double the amount of shade now with the recirculation system protected from the sun. Having my morning coffee despite the winds best effort to blow the stove flame sideways. Soon as I finish coffee it will be time to load the buckets up in the truck and head out to fill them up. Will be stocking up on as many as I can today and tomorrow as I like to hang out at camp on the weekends due to the increase in off road activity. Its not that I don't trust people,but I've got way to much gear here in camp to take any chances. Running materials on weekends is also a good way to meet folks as they pass thru. Someone always stops to,see what I'm doing and it a good way to introduce them to mining.

One thing I've already learned out here is that the drop riffle box works much better than my highbanker for running this material. It is so high in black sand content that it clogs the mats on the highbanker in no time and I'm pretty much flat boarding. More news from the front lines as this battle develops.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must have better cell reception than you originally thought. I thought you'd be out of communication for weeks at a time. Glad your not...
I've been prospecting vicariously through your posts in this thread and your previous one.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well this last week has been busy but not very profitable. That old river bed I've been testing just don't want to give up the gold. Its been teasing me with a little flour, some very tiny pieces and that's it.

The mineralization here is nothing short of amazing. I've been finding all kinds of things in the samples. Some of them I know, many I don't. I don't think I've ever seen such a high level of magnatite in my life. I found one area in the wash where it had built up to about three inches thick in a solid ribbon several,yards long. Amazing!

It has also come to my attention that there are certain individuals that are living out their mining fantasies vicariously through my reports from out here in the
the field. If you can only do your mining vicariously through me and others that's fine. If you are able to get out and mine, then do so!!!
J./

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
One other thing that is going on out here is that I am attempting to quit cigarettes after over 40 years of smoking. So far so good, but those noisy cows better let me get some sleep tonight or else all of you will be invited to one hive BBQ! !! Bad enough I'm,trying to quit, but to have the cows bawling all night is above and beyond given the circumstances. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED COWS!!!!!!

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It has also come to my attention that there are certain individuals that are living out their mining fantasies vicariously through my reports from out here in the the field. If you can only do your mining vicariously through me and others that's fine. If you are able to get out and mine, then do so!
Guilty as charged! Since I'll be driving a desk for pretty much the next 6 months... you're living my (and a few others here I'm sure) dream. Now you wonder why I keep pestering you for photos and videos of what your life is like out in the boonies. I want to see the blood and guts of everyday living as a modern day prospector and miner. So please start taking photos and videos. You promised you would when you originally started this thread. You were going to detail everything you did, so when guys like myself get ready to go full time into mining and prospecting, we know what to expect as you have already "blazed the trail" for us. Good luck on quitting the smokes, and wear your ear plugs. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I did promise to share but I also said that there wouldn't be any pictures until the claim was secured in my name. Still trying to find an area that is worth claiming is all.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After several cigg-less and sleepless nights, Jeff takes matters into his own hands and enlists the aid of some locals to take on the incessantly mooing cows. However, the tables are soon turned when the cattle use the divide and conquer strategy, separating the herd. The rest is just too graphic to show. Lets be careful out there.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I did promise to share but I also said that there wouldn't be any pictures until the claim was secured in my name. Still trying to find an area that is worth claiming is all.
No biggie... once you find some good ground and file a claim, do you plan on living on your claim? I guess the reason I'm asking is that you seem pretty sensitive to not wanting to photograph any of your prospecting activities on unclaimed ground where nobody knows where you're at... but yet you say you will photograph your activities and share your knowledge once you file a claim. Seems to me that once you file a claim, you've already let people know your exact location, and thus will need to diligently guard against any claim jumpers. Maybe I have things backwards. :dontknow:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
M-3 GoldenIrishman's Monsoon Mining Thread

You have things backward...once claimed he has grounds to chase others off, until then his prospecting success could be grabbed out from under him.

Ps: use a slingshot to chase the cows away! They'll learn fast :)

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Kevin is ight on the money. Many of,the smart phones add the GPS info to pictures taken with them. Someone that wants to grab that area out from under me can usr that information to do,just that. Since the phone is currently my main camera I'd rather not,take chances.

On a side note...
Tonight I'd pretty much be willing to,trade places with any one of you. Wind is gusting up to 55 mph and I'm camped out in the cab of my little,Toyota truck since the tent is way to noisy to,even think of,sleeping. Any takers?

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You also have to,remember that this is BLM land. As such I have to share it with other users even after filing a claim. A claim only,gives,me,the,rights to,the minerals, not exclusive rights to everything. Hunters, hikers etc can still use,it for,their,fun, but prospectors can't. I'm willing to share and enjoy meeting other public,land users.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tonight I'd pretty much be willing to,trade places with any one of you. Wind is gusting up to 55 mph and I'm camped out in the cab of my little,Toyota truck since the tent is way to noisy to,even think of,sleeping. Any takers?

I feel for you Jeff, that wind out there can be vicious this time of year. Wind is my least favorite natural element right behind snow and mosquitoes.

Why not two birds? Think like a miner. Drug a few cows and hang them from the tent frame. No more tent flapping in the wind and the rest of the cows are sure to get the message and move on. Sure beats cow tipping for rural entertainment too! :laughing7:

Heavy Pans
Sleep well
Barry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread