OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to catch up on posts. This is from Tuesday after work last week. 2hrs dig and just bucket classified with the 1/2. Then pan down and dump. Not bad but I didn't get to dig exactly where I wanted because someone was fishing in the spot... Dirty stuff, iron staining, merc 20170624_171724.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Still a nice pick-up even if it is "dirty". So far I've been lucky and not got into any merc covered gold as yet... but 1 of the creeks I dig does have it occurring naturally.I will be hitting said creek late July for an 2-3 day stint...gonna be interesting camping mid winter ...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Wednesday. People fishing in my spot again lol. This is 2 5 gallon buckets classified to 1/2. Not bad. 20170624_191820.jpg

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday after work. Some people go to the movies or out to dinner I dig for gold. lol

So nobody was fishing in my spot but instead was a group of young 20 somethings just sitting around drinking beer and smoking weed. There were two guys and two girls and three large dogs. They were cool, just hanging out throwing sticks into the water for their dogs to retrieve. I was kinda bummed to see them at first l, that is until I noticed one of them to be a smoking hot blonde no more then 25 but much older then 18... wearing a very skimpy bikini. On a scale of 1-10 she was a solid 12.5.

So I happily set up my dig 20ft away:) Did the normal 2hr dig and I tolerated there dogs harassing my operation in exchange for scenery. I don't know about you but I'm a pretty happy man when I'm digging great gold and have bikini in my field of view. Before they packed up I happened to be chugging some water when the she asks me if I'm finding anything good. Unable to speak I make a "eh, so, so" hand gesture. After all....she could be a miner in disguise and looking to high grade!..

Idiot! yeah she had some guys with her but instead of choking I should have said hell, yeah baby. Come on over and I'll show you some nuggets lol.

Ok, back to the gold. Getting better! as I'm following the pay streak up river and zeroing in on the best stuff and as always I refine my technique for maximum efficiency as I work an area.

Check out the black gold closest to the the dime. See the untarnished gold peaking out ? 20170625_102440.jpg 20170625_102749.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday I manage to get to the spot early and low and behold my spot is free. I dug and bucket classified to 1/2 in the river. Haul the bucket 10 ft to shore(not so bad if you let the water displacement do it's job). Then Production pan and dump, repeat. 6 buckets worth. Would have ran more but a small family showed up but I didn't mind to much as the guy was pretty cool and came to dig as well. Chatted it up with him a little bit, probably cost me a bucket or so. Also got a little deeper and realized I had a leak high up on my chest waders... boot full of water no bueno.

So... The Hot blonde and pesky fisherman were guarding a picker from me. But, " Screw the legends, this picker is mine now" haha.. It's not huge but my heaviest to date and to me it's in very desirable form. Since most gold is flat or semi/mostly flat, I like round pieces. It's round on one side but folded over at the same time. the other side is just barely smoothed out crystalline structure .18g

I had one of my best takes overall but the mercury was insane so might loose a little there. Funny thing is every piece almost had some mercury on it but the picker has none, same whole, go figure. It's bright and shiny, and makes a nice clink in the pan. Yea! 20170703_185708.jpg 20170703_185743.jpg 20170703_185804.jpg 20170703_185820.jpg 20170703_190026.jpg 20170624_161809.jpg 20170624_161832.jpg

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pickers are always memorable, I can recall a few that were most memorable including the first. Looking good there!.................63bkpkr

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That picker is very nice; about a 12.5 on a 1-10 scale. Or was that the blond? Well, they're both golden and one you can take home with you. Really nice piece. Too bad there is mercury on most of the rest. Oh well, isolate and retort.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Falling behind on posts again.

This is from like 2 weeks ago. Had the annual family RV trip to Collins lake just east of Marysville Ca.

I was able to wake up early and sneak away while everyone slept. Headed to a spot nearby off a tip from GoldonMojo.

The rd down was excellent! Only cause it's maintained by the power company but I wasn't sure if I was in for a dirt 4x4 or paved, so I was happy.

There is a hydro plant at the river so wasn't really sure where I could or could not go. so I just went to the spot in front of where you could park. This was downstream from the plant and the water was sketchy so I couldn't do much. I then saw the sign saying river Access ok through the plants walkway and got up river. The water was skunk, and didn't look to promising but a good amount of open area. For some reason the sun was really getting to me and I didn't do much there either. I would find a flake or 2 in the first pan then nothing. I couldn't quite get a feel for the Gold, but it's there. Anyways got a little bit.

There were these huge rock stack down there bigger then I've seen before. 4 of them looking like pyramids. I wonder if the ground is virgin underneath?

6b99132272ef86c4a08fc883ad8a9ae0.jpg
2a0edeebbf57827fc1915d20221c4402.jpg
104d89dbd473fab43fed831ff388c92b.jpg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to beat the heat, getting cornflake gold and enjoying the view!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forth of July, what better way to celebrate than mining Gold?

Got to the spot early and got to work. 8 buckets classified to 1/2. I was hoping to find the big brother to that picker but haven't found it yet. Still a nice take, lots of mercury.

1a8d826e5b9df8e9ebb66e2614d64896.jpg
e92404e258401f8d839843acb40b1c4b.jpg

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Saturday. Same spot, got there early to beet his killer heat wave. 30+ straight days between 98-108. On top of that caught the worst chest/sinus/ear infection I've ever had. Last 6 weeks have been miserable.

Horrible conditions but when I'm digging gold everything goes away.

For the first time ever I dug pure liquid mercury. Back to back pans had a small bb sized ball of mercury. Because of the type of digging I'm doing there is no need to bring a snuffer bottle so I didn't really have a convenient place to put it so I dumped it in my 2nd "catch" pan.. That was a mistake.

This stuff was either super pure of supercharged cause next time I picked up the pan. The 2 balls had joined and I could see gold floating/suspended in the matrix. Very cool stuff. Well after riding in the back of my truck for an hr, it sucked up a crazy amount of my flakes.

I tried to syphon off any excess mercury from my now large glob of amalgam with a plastic pipette but could not. Not sure how you calculate your gold weight while still amalgamized but with most likely inaccurate simple math. since mercury is 2/3 the density of gold I might get .3-.45 out of this? don't know?
0188f332f8cd3fa110714a039d9ff37f.jpg
c2b1ee9f364672e2a531719dfa2eafc5.jpg
21ee9a964fb17e40c1e133d6f6ba9ad5.jpg

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been busy! We still have to meet up one of these day this season, its going to be time to snipe soon and I need some company! I see your still getting the gold like always.. I hope to have some to show soon :P

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been busy! We still have to meet up one of these day this season, its going to be time to snipe soon and I need some company! I see your still getting the gold like always.. I hope to have some to show soon :P
Yes please. I just put in at work for Aug 18 and Sep 1. I would like to camp 3 day weekend style on the Nf of the Nf or the wild and scenic South Yuba. Of by myself it will be day trips. Let's plan something! I'm about to order some new toys...4l gravity water filter, Head piece for my wetsuit, holster for my protection, Head lamp...im ready. time to snipe!!!

I plan on taking 2 more 3 day weekends in late Sep or Nov. Just need dates because I have to request 1 month in advance.

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes please. I just put in at work for Aug 18 and Sep 1. I would like to camp 3 day weekend style on the Nf of the Nf or the wild and scenic South Yuba. Of by myself it will be day trips. Let's plan something! I'm about to order some new toys...4l gravity water filter, Head piece for my wetsuit, holster for my protection, Head lamp...im ready. time to snipe!!!

I plan on taking 2 more 3 day weekends in late Sep or Nov. Just need dates because I have to request 1 month in advance.

Ill talk to the wife and look at my schedule and get with you soon!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice blob! Looks pretty loaded!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Tuesday after work. Hot as heck out but by the time im actually in the dig site, its 6pm and within 45min the sun dips below the steep ridge and its quite comfortable with the cold water on my waiters..

Ive been ill lately but things were clicking for me this day.I got a solid 2.5 hrs in and did 4 buckets which was above my normal avg p/hr.

The result is my best ever after work take. A glob of mercury got a bunch of my flakes again too! Keeping it all seperate for end of season proccessing.
d22edb5ae3a95c457f74e4c3d0be5b98.jpg
b9b08a5008b455629b7d0085417c8a46.jpg
5fbd5a9461da410da831b8ba117d0f5f.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread