Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere - Page 14
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree2598Likes

Thread: Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10617 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'm pretty sure I can keep up twice a week at least for a while ...at least until skiing gets in the way! Now, if only every time produced as well as yesterday

au
    dave

Aug 2015
    Eastern Victoria
    Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
    593 times
    Sluicing, crevassing and general dirt diggin', fishing, family.
    nice pick up K in C ...it would be great to get that much each trip .30 was my best last year/ever but most of it was pickers so hopefully there is more at that spot as i only dug a 2' x 4' long trench at the start of a gravel bar..gonna follow the crevice across the creek
    heavy pans

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4092 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Got out digging today. New year, new gold!!Attachment 1255926

Attachment 1255927-50/30to 50/+30
    0.34 grams in total. Pretty darn good!
    Way to set the bar for 2016 Kevin! All that and facing imminent retirement? Priceless!
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10617 times
    Prospecting

Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

Got out again today with GoldpannerDave. Had a great time together, so good we forgot to take pics! :-(

Here's my gold...not quite .3 grams (edit: weight is 0.08 grams) so I better get back out there!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452134846.090460.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	461.6 KB 
ID:	1257065+30 on top, -50 on bottom...and all the birdshot this spot often produces.

Thanks for the great time Dave!!!
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Jan 07, 2016 at 11:28 AM.

us
    Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
    1285 times
    Prospecting
    Nice looking gold, Kevin, as usual. It was great to be out with you, other than my one complaint below (which was not your fault).

Well, I froze my feet today with maybe 3 1/2 hours on the creek. It seemed like it was all snow melt and there was some layered iced a bit downstream, so it was COLD. The day was upper 40's, so it was only my feet that got frozen. KevinInColorado and I ran our 30" Bazooka Snipers and got some gold; year's first for me and 2nd or 3rd for him. Snow is due tonight and for several days, so I won't be able to get back out for a week; maybe more. No pictures yet for me; my wife has a maid come in once a month since her cancer bout and today was the day so the kitchen is spotless. No way she is going to let me pan in her sink this evening! Maybe tomorrow.

But a rough panning on the creek showed my take looks a lot like Kevin's, though maybe not quite as much (I am older and slower than he is).
    Last edited by GoldpannerDave; Jan 06, 2016 at 11:24 PM.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10617 times
    Prospecting
    Panning in the sink...oh heck no! I pan from a 10" finish pan into a Garrett SuperSluice pan or into a small plastic tub. Keep that dirt away from the sink and drain lines or you'll have an accident and lose gold or plug drains or both.
    GoldpannerDave and Rockwerx like this.

us
    Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
    1285 times
    Prospecting
    Panning in the sink...oh heck no! I pan from a 10" finish pan into a Garrett SuperSluice pan or into a small plastic tub. Keep that dirt away from the sink and drain lines or you'll have an accident and lose gold or plug drains or both.
    Not literally into the sink, but with a tub and safety pan also. She doesn't want gold panning stuff near her clean kitchen though, whether I use a tub or not!
    KevinInColorado and Rockwerx like this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10617 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldpannerDave View Post
    Not literally into the sink, but with a tub and safety pan also. She doesn't want gold panning stuff near her clean kitchen though, whether I use a tub or not!
    ...and you married this woman? (Jk!)
    GoldpannerDave likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3226 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have a tub for panning but since I've been messing around with the rod mill I've been using the sink. It's too damn dark and cold to do anything outside after work.

I try to keep it to a minimum but some very fine stuff collects around the drain.... haha its just a matter of time. But hey its an apt rental. I'll just call maintenance and claim no knowledge of how 5 pounds of iron sand got stuck in the line?? :what:
    bobw53 and GoldpannerDave like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10617 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    I have a tub for panning but since I've been messing around with the rod mill I've been using the sink. It's too damn dark and cold to do anything outside after work.

I try to keep it to a minimum but some very fine stuff collects around the drain.... haha its just a matter of time. But hey its an apt rental. I'll just call maintenance and claim no knowledge of how 5 pounds of iron sand got stuck in the line?? :what:
    Perfect lol!!

us
    Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    1285 times
    Prospecting
    ...and you married this woman? (Jk!)
    Yes, she has other fine qualities that offset her complete lack of interest in gold panning, sluicing, prospecting, etc. That lack of interest on a scale of 1-10 is about minus 5.

us

Feb 2013
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4092 times
    Prospecting
    Now THERE'S some money to be made! Isolate that gene in her system that makes her immune from gold fever and SELL IT!

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10617 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff95531 View Post
    Now THERE'S some money to be made! Isolate that gene in her system that makes her immune from gold fever and SELL IT!
    Such madness. No way!
    Jeff95531 likes this.

us

Feb 2013
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4092 times
    Prospecting
    Unfortunately, we may lose a few frogs in the process...

Name:  prof frog.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  11.2 KB

Apr 2014
    Tartarus Dorsa mountains
    836 times
    Stayin' alive :D
    Got out again today with GoldpannerDave. Had a great time together, so good we forgot to take pics! :-(

Here's my gold...not quite .3 grams (edit: weight is 0.08 grams) so I better get back out there!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452134846.090460.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	461.6 KB 
ID:	1257065+30 on top, -50 on bottom...and all the birdshot this spot often produces.

Thanks for the great time Dave!!!
    Size sort the shot with your screens and sell it to re-loaders.

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links