OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434117026.061772.jpg
My share of the take from our "Flour Creek" dig in Villa Rica yesterday. Pretty gold! Thanks again for being a great host Ducky!

PS Ducky, the rest of my day went well too and I got all the way home by about midnight CO time :)

Last edited:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1174032
My share of the take from our "Flour Creek" dig in Villa Rica yesterday. Pretty gold! Thanks again for being a great host Ducky!

PS Ducky, the rest of my day went well too and I got all the way home by about midnight CO time :)

I dont ever run my cons through mesh because generally speaking its all the same size here. Any idea what mesh # that stuff is? Just Curious.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All -50 for sure! Your Bazooka sure grabbed the little gold :)

I didn't classify since it was just the contents of my snuffer bottle but since it's all -50, I think you'd find the panning easier if you drop your cons thru a 50 mesh before panning. The small stuff pans much easier without any bigger stuff in the pan. Of course you'll still have to pan the larger stuff too but that'll be quick since you are only checking for larger flakes.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use 4 or 6" diameter 30, 50, 100 mesh classifiers for concentrate cleanup panning. Each step reduces the size by about half which really advantages gold in panning efforts for fine gold recovery. Blackcat Mining and others have these available in stacking sets.
Good work guys!

Last edited:

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
You're one of my favorite guys on here Kevin. Thanks for taking us along on your adventures!
ps. I'll probably be getting me a bazooka soon! My A52 I had stashed on the river grew legs and walked away ??? I'll definitely be askin you for advice when the time comes.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another good day: I got out with E.Massauman and his son today. He was kind enough to do the driving and we got about three hours of sampling and exploring in the western Mass hill country. We each found a speck or two of gold and got to explore several different areas of interest. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434500021.600331.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434500050.953005.jpg

We were just short of the Vermont border so we made a side trip across the border just for fun.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434498581.054504.jpg
Posing at the end of the day:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434498629.316559.jpg ...can you see the speck in my pan? :P
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434498671.186229.jpg ...all three of us :)

I would post a gold pic but when I got back and dumped out the snuffer bottle I realized I hadn't cleaned it out properly from my GA prospecting last week so it's a jumble of Villa Rica and MA gold :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterday was teach-some-kids day. Two friends from work brought their age 9-12 kids over...6 kids between the two moms...I taught them to pan in tubs in my front yard (pans salted with a couple nice big flakes per pan to get their vials started). Then we went down to the creek. I set up all 4 of my sluices so they wouldn't get in each other's way. Was fun and funny as they ignored my advice on where to dig and just ran around grabbing random shovels full of creekbed gravel. They all seemed to have a good time and we found a bit of gold to add to each vial. I think they liked the ziplocks full of magnetic sand just as much as the gold ;)

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to a family reunion today. (Who does that on the 4th???) it was my wife's family. We went up to cave spring ga. Fun place. Kevin, I noticed these long rock dams, have you been here and left your mark? See below...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436063085.102884.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436063113.532885.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LoL, please tell me you grabbed a pan to check for gold!?!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No! I was in my wife's car and I must have mentioned my disappointment in myself enough times about not having one because she eventually said "jake, please shut up about the gold pan" LOL

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At least she said please ;-)

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Kevin! Does your job take you to all of these areas where you can prospect for Gold with Treasure Netters or do you just have a lot of time and like to travel? I must say that your adventures all over the U.S. is turning out like "Where's Waldo - getting Gold", LOL!! Maybe you can make it to Tennessee some time in the future and help me get the big boulders out of my' secret spot so that more Gold and other heavy metals will flow into the stream I prospect on. I hope to be in SC on Terri's (Floristweb) and her hubby's place around the middle of the month to prospect a fairly virgin Gold location, hope that Brad (Limitool) will be able to join me and that we find lots of Gold!

Frank

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow Kevin! Does your job take you to all of these areas where you can prospect for Gold with Treasure Netters or do you just have a lot of time and like to travel? I must say that your adventures all over the U.S. is turning out like "Where's Waldo - getting Gold", LOL!! Maybe you can make it to Tennessee some time in the future and help me get the big boulders out of my' secret spot so that more Gold and other heavy metals will flow into the stream I prospect on. I hope to be in SC on Terri's (Floristweb) and her hubby's place around the middle of the month to prospect a fairly virgin Gold location, hope that Brad (Limitool) will be able to join me and that we find lots of Gold!

Frank

Hi Frank, the recent trips to Georgia and Massachusetts were work related. The other states I've hit were trips to see family. I'm pretty obsessed so I try hard to fit prospecting into my travels.

Other states like yours, CA, AZ, etc are definitely going to happen after I retire from full time work (coming soon to a travel trailer near you - LOL).

PS thanks for the casual invite, I'd love to meet up and see what we can do about that mess you are facing!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin if your ever in N.H. And need to kill some time. Look me up I now of a few good spots.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope you can get up this way Kevin. Get some New Hampshire gold. Im retired so Im usually around.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last year's invite is good into perpituity.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out yesterday after work. The big storms over the month led to my 6 inch creek running over 6 feet deep! As a result there is debris in the trees and the creekbed looks really different. Big new sand bars on inside bends and outside bends scoured down to expose the large rocks. A few stripes of black sand exposed too. Fascinating but really hard to get decent pictures of due to he glare off the water. Look at all that black sand... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436531328.886495.jpg

0.33 grams of Gold :) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436536994.205204.jpg ...and one piece of birdshot.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out yesterday after work. The big storms over the month led to my 6 inch creek running over 6 feet deep! As a result there is debris in the trees and the creekbed looks really different. Big new sand bars on inside bends and outside bends scoured down to expose the large rocks. A few stripes of black sand exposed too. Fascinating but really hard to get decent pictures of due to he glare off the water. Look at all that black sand... View attachment 1185503

Gold :) View attachment 1185519 ...and one piece of birdshot.

Congrats on some really nice Gold! It looks like the flooding has brought you a lot of nice goodies to find.

Frank

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin your finds can give about anyone. The gold fever thanks for sharing. Real nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions