OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's the gold from that spot... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483330276.711858.jpg

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how deep in the river do you dig Kevin? I never seem to find good gold in the water compared to digging in the dry ground near it. I'd like to be able to just shovel into the BGT, I think I'd process so much more. But every time I try it, I get much less than jumping in one of the many holes along the river and hauling buckets to the water.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
how deep in the river do you dig Kevin? I never seem to find good gold in the water compared to digging in the dry ground near it. I'd like to be able to just shovel into the BGT, I think I'd process so much more. But every time I try it, I get much less than jumping in one of the many holes along the river and hauling buckets to the water.

This is in a small creek (as you can sorta see in the pic). The banks and creek bottom are clay (with no gold in it). I'm digging 100% of the sand/gravel on the inside bend down to the clay bottom. Usually that is 10-40 inches deep.

In general, it does help to find places where bedrock/clay is shallow if you want bigger gold. However, moving large volume will often produce more total gold weight than trying to get overly analytic/obsessive about digging the "best" paydirt. Especially if getting the "best" paydirt means you are burning time and energy hauling and classifying paydirt.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However, moving large volume will often produce more total gold weight than trying to get overly analytic/obsessive about digging the "best" paydirt. Especially if getting the "best" paydirt means you are burning time and energy hauling and classifying paydirt.
Totally agree. Chasing that tiny bit of really small gold when yu can be moving more material.

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper Sluice 30"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highs in the 70's here at my mountain home. Hi 80's but zero humidity in the city when I was digging.

Gold from crayfish creek was actually pretty disappointing at 0.03 grams. David, I continued upstream from my dig with you. I guess it's time to go downstream! I did get about 100 pieces of lead bird shot, just not much gold. Anyway, here it is:
View attachment 1349040
Lack of volume & big stuff tells me I'm at the upper end of the hotspot. The hot spot was producing 10-15x this amount.
That's quite the contrast from the spot we dug at! I'm glad I read this before I head back there again. When I do I'll be sure to post about what I find :icon_thumright:

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Angus Macgirk Alaskan Flare & Grub Stake
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene Highbanker/2.5" dredge with GH matting
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get your Bazooka? If you didn't see the thread, but company went under. I ordered on 3 Nov and never got mine and filed a claim with PayPal; awaiting my refund.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/526326-bazooka-gold-company-status.html

Well, that sux. I guess they just took my money and thumbed their nose. I ordered from their website so it is doubtful I can get anything back. It has been so long that going through the bank to contest the charge may be a waste of time.

I hate that feeling when someone steals from me. Especially when it is a company. They could have issued a refund.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, that sux. I guess they just took my money and thumbed their nose. I ordered from their website so it is doubtful I can get anything back. It has been so long that going through the bank to contest the charge may be a waste of time.

I hate that feeling when someone steals from me. Especially when it is a company. They could have issued a refund.

Don't panic, you may still get it or your cash back. They aren't crooks.

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I paid through Paypal and filed a claim. You should be able to call your CC company and dispute the charge. If that doesn't work, hopefully they'll do the right thing. But I agree it is very disappointing that they continued to take orders months after the writing was on the wall; if you go to their website there is still no mention of anything and customers like us are just left waiting and wondering :dontknow:

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid through Paypal and filed a claim. You should be able to call your CC company and dispute the charge. If that doesn't work, hopefully they'll do the right thing. But I agree it is very disappointing that they continued to take orders months after the writing was on the wall; if you go to their website there is still no mention of anything and customers like us are just left waiting and wondering :dontknow:

I hope so. Sounds like some major owner fatigue going on causing burnout. It isn't just the taking orders and not fulfilling them that bothers me, I really wanted the sluices. I liked the design.

(I wonder if they would sell me the company, lol.)

P.

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope so. Sounds like some major owner fatigue going on causing burnout. It isn't just the taking orders and not fulfilling them that bothers me, I really wanted the sluices. I liked the design.

(I wonder if they would sell me the company, lol.)

P.

From the post in the other thread, it appears they intend to try and sell it. Go for it!

I'd try and find a used one quick, before word gets out and prices skyrocket. I just picked up a barely used 36" Prospector and a Gold Miner wheel (and a cheap pinpointer) for $400 yesterday off Craigslist.

Sorry for the thread jack Kevin :)

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From the post in the other thread, it appears they intend to try and sell it. Go for it!

I'd try and find a used one quick, before word gets out and prices skyrocket. I just picked up a barely used 36" Prospector and a Gold Miner wheel (and a cheap pinpointer) for $400 yesterday off Craigslist.

Sorry for the thread jack Kevin :)

That's if you can get them to answer your p.m. or email. My business partner and me are interested but haven't heard back from them. Maybe they have had a ton of other people interested and have just been overwhelmed. Or they are taking the same approach that the did with taking orders

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Run your business into the ground, unceremoniously bash the business as you casually offer it up for sale, then fail to even respond to the few people who are still interested...what a total dumpster fire this has become.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried calling the number on the website. It went to voicemail and the voice mailbox was full.

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried calling the number on the website. It went to voicemail and the voice mailbox was full.
Yup, got that for days before I learned what was up. Call your CC Co!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To get my prospector's journal back on track... here's pics of Shofs and Hunt4gold from our tnet triple dig today. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484771859.017149.jpg
This next one is sort of an art shot ;)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484771901.588929.jpg

Good gold caught in all three Bazooka Snipers. Pics to come...

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! Hit Abar yesterday (and maybe again tomorrow). Gotta love this weather!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey quick question... according to the jeff.co website, prospecting is only allowed in the tiny section of clear creek and every other park it is off limits??? huh?!

Just seems insane for a city to ban the one activity that brought it to life and allowed it to grow... :BangHead:

Hopefully it's just a mistake though and just need to rewrite their rules section.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread