Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Like Tree2569Likes

Thread: Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10545 times
    Prospecting

Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

Another good day: I got out with E.Massauman and his son today. He was kind enough to do the driving and we got about three hours of sampling and exploring in the western Mass hill country. We each found a speck or two of gold and got to explore several different areas of interest. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434500021.600331.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	467.5 KB 
ID:	1176190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434500050.953005.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	508.0 KB 
ID:	1176191

We were just short of the Vermont border so we made a side trip across the border just for fun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434498581.054504.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	488.7 KB 
ID:	1176178
    Posing at the end of the day:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434498629.316559.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	353.5 KB 
ID:	1176179...can you see the speck in my pan? :P

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434498671.186229.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	319.7 KB 
ID:	1176181...all three of us

I would post a gold pic but when I got back and dumped out the snuffer bottle I realized I hadn't cleaned it out properly from my GA prospecting last week so it's a jumble of Villa Rica and MA gold
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Jun 16, 2015 at 07:14 PM.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10545 times
    Prospecting

Yesterday was teach-some-kids day. Two friends from work brought their age 9-12 kids over...6 kids between the two moms...I taught them to pan in tubs in my front yard (pans salted with a couple nice big flakes per pan to get their vials started). Then we went down to the creek. I set up all 4 of my sluices so they wouldn't get in each other's way. Was fun and funny as they ignored my advice on where to dig and just ran around grabbing random shovels full of creekbed gravel. They all seemed to have a good time and we found a bit of gold to add to each vial. I think they liked the ziplocks full of magnetic sand just as much as the gold

us
    Mar 2014
    Lincolnton North Carolina
    30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box. Various Gold Pans
    1303 times
    Prospecting
    Went to a family reunion today. (Who does that on the 4th) it was my wife's family. We went up to cave spring ga. Fun place. Kevin, I noticed these long rock dams, have you been here and left your mark? See below...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436063085.102884.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	1183124

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436063113.532885.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	1183126
    KevinInColorado and Jeff95531 like this.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas." My Father, Robert Akers

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    LoL, please tell me you grabbed a pan to check for gold!?!

us
    Mar 2014
    Lincolnton North Carolina
    30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box. Various Gold Pans
    1303 times
    Prospecting
    No! I was in my wife's car and I must have mentioned my disappointment in myself enough times about not having one because she eventually said "jake, please shut up about the gold pan" LOL
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas." My Father, Robert Akers

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    At least she said please ;-)

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6677 times
    Wow Kevin! Does your job take you to all of these areas where you can prospect for Gold with Treasure Netters or do you just have a lot of time and like to travel? I must say that your adventures all over the U.S. is turning out like "Where's Waldo - getting Gold", LOL!! Maybe you can make it to Tennessee some time in the future and help me get the big boulders out of my' secret spot so that more Gold and other heavy metals will flow into the stream I prospect on. I hope to be in SC on Terri's (Floristweb) and her hubby's place around the middle of the month to prospect a fairly virgin Gold location, hope that Brad (Limitool) will be able to join me and that we find lots of Gold!

Frank

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    Wow Kevin! Does your job take you to all of these areas where you can prospect for Gold with Treasure Netters or do you just have a lot of time and like to travel? I must say that your adventures all over the U.S. is turning out like "Where's Waldo - getting Gold", LOL!! Maybe you can make it to Tennessee some time in the future and help me get the big boulders out of my' secret spot so that more Gold and other heavy metals will flow into the stream I prospect on. I hope to be in SC on Terri's (Floristweb) and her hubby's place around the middle of the month to prospect a fairly virgin Gold location, hope that Brad (Limitool) will be able to join me and that we find lots of Gold!

Frank
    Hi Frank, the recent trips to Georgia and Massachusetts were work related. The other states I've hit were trips to see family. I'm pretty obsessed so I try hard to fit prospecting into my travels.

Other states like yours, CA, AZ, etc are definitely going to happen after I retire from full time work (coming soon to a travel trailer near you - LOL).

PS thanks for the casual invite, I'd love to meet up and see what we can do about that mess you are facing!

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
    411 times
    Prospecting
    Kevin if your ever in N.H. And need to kill some time. Look me up I now of a few good spots.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by triple d View Post
    Kevin if your ever in N.H. And need to kill some time. Look me up I now of a few good spots.
    Will do, thanks!

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    411 times
    Prospecting
    Hope you can get up this way Kevin. Get some New Hampshire gold. Im retired so Im usually around.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4705 times
    Prospecting
    Last year's invite is good into perpituity.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting

Got out yesterday after work. The big storms over the month led to my 6 inch creek running over 6 feet deep! As a result there is debris in the trees and the creekbed looks really different. Big new sand bars on inside bends and outside bends scoured down to expose the large rocks. A few stripes of black sand exposed too. Fascinating but really hard to get decent pictures of due to he glare off the water. Look at all that black sand...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436531328.886495.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	486.6 KB 
ID:	1185503

0.33 grams of Gold Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436536994.205204.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	529.4 KB 
ID:	1185519 ...and one piece of birdshot.
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Jul 11, 2015 at 12:03 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6677 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Got out yesterday after work. The big storms over the month led to my 6 inch creek running over 6 feet deep! As a result there is debris in the trees and the creekbed looks really different. Big new sand bars on inside bends and outside bends scoured down to expose the large rocks. A few stripes of black sand exposed too. Fascinating but really hard to get decent pictures of due to he glare off the water. Look at all that black sand...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436531328.886495.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	486.6 KB 
ID:	1185503

Gold Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436536994.205204.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	529.4 KB 
ID:	1185519 ...and one piece of birdshot.
    Congrats on some really nice Gold! It looks like the flooding has brought you a lot of nice goodies to find.

Frank

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    411 times
    Prospecting
    Kevin your finds can give about anyone. The gold fever thanks for sharing. Real nice

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links