Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 889
Like Tree2528Likes

Thread: Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #721
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,723
    10446 times
    Prospecting

    Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

    Got out on Clear Creek near Idaho Springs looking for good gold prospecting sites for my book. Found some nice spots!

    The owner of Grizzly Goldtrap, indulging me by using a pan haha!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1507046575.027736.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	486.2 KB 
ID:	1500696
    ...and saw lots of these guys migrating through to their winter grounds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1507046608.105604.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	573.7 KB 
ID:	1500697

  2. #722

    Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    833
    1254 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Got out on Clear Creek near Idaho Springs looking for good gold prospecting sites for my book. Found some nice spots!

    The owner of Grizzly Goldtrap, indulging me by using a pan haha!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1507046575.027736.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	486.2 KB 
ID:	1500696
    ...and saw lots of these guys migrating through to their winter grounds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1507046608.105604.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	573.7 KB 
ID:	1500697
    Nice! But.. Where's the gold?

    Also, today seems to be the biggest butterfly traffic day of the year so far, they're EVERYWHERE!

  3. #723
    us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    1,975
    2855 times
    Prospecting
    Yeah, wheres the gold?

    I studied the bottom picture of the original post for about a minute and never figured out what you were talking about then butterflies were mentioned in the above post and I finally got it (pretty much by shape only). Colorblindness is real. You could have posted fall colors except for aspen and cottonwoods and I would still be puzzled. Lucky for me that yellow/gold is one of the colors I can see.
    Last edited by arizau; Oct 03, 2017 at 06:09 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

  4. #724
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,723
    10446 times
    Prospecting

    Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1507186797.895288.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	293.8 KB 
ID:	1501232
    The gold as commanded. I was just sample panning but was very happy to see the decent sized flake show up. Also notice a mercury coated flake and a little clump of amalgamated gold fines (hard to see the silvery color in this photo, sorry)
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Oct 05, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

  5. #725

    Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    833
    1254 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    Yeah, wheres the gold?

    I studied the bottom picture of the original post for about a minute and never figured out what you were talking about then butterflies were mentioned in the above post and I finally got it (pretty much by shape only). Colorblindness is real. You could have posted fall colors except for aspen and cottonwoods and I would still be puzzled. Lucky for me that yellow/gold is one of the colors I can see.
    Me too, that's why I can't go gem hunting!
    Asmbandits likes this.

  6. #726
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,723
    10446 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510044586.731576.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	443.4 KB 
ID:	1513291
    Gold from an hour or two of sample panning in a Clear Creek Canyon hot spot in Clear Creek County. This spot will Get a nice write up in the book!
    #findingGOLDinColorado

  7. #727
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,723
    10446 times
    Prospecting
    Want to see some gold and cool antique mining machines in operation? Are you a Coloradan? Check this place just north of Colorado Springs out: http://findinggoldincolorado.com/wes...ning-industry/
    Prospector70 likes this.

  8. #728

    Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    833
    1254 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That's a wicked cool place, I stamped my feet and threw a fit like a kid passing Dairy Queen when we came upon it.
    KevinInColorado and Aufisher like this.

  9. #729
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,723
    10446 times
    Prospecting

    Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510727112.157325.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	451.7 KB 
ID:	1516333
    Lots of -100 mesh gold. Went to this spot I had panned before and knew it was basically all -100 gold. Brought my new Grizzly Goldtrap to see how it would handle the fine gold. Much better than the Bazookas can do I’m happy to say

  10. #730
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

    Jul 2015
    utah
    535
    929 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510727112.157325.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	451.7 KB 
ID:	1516333
    Lots of -100 mesh gold. Went to this spot I had panned before and knew it was basically all -100 gold. Brought my new Grizzly Goldtrap to see how it would handle the fine gold. Much better than the Bazookas can do I’m happy to say
    I'm super impressed with the pictures I've been seeing of everybody's clean outs. I think Dennis knocked it out of the park with his new design

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    KevinInColorado likes this.

  11. #731
    us
    Mar 2014
    Lincolnton North Carolina
    30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box. Various Gold Pans
    958
    1298 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510727112.157325.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	451.7 KB 
ID:	1516333
    Lots of -100 mesh gold. Went to this spot I had panned before and knew it was basically all -100 gold. Brought my new Grizzly Goldtrap to see how it would handle the fine gold. Much better than the Bazookas can do I’m happy to say
    Love to see the yellow in the pan! If i can ever get away from my dang desk, I'll be back out on the creeks. Not looking good for anytime soon though....
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

    "Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas." My Father, Robert Akers

  12. #732
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,723
    10446 times
    Prospecting

    Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510801769.016803.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	400.8 KB 
ID:	1516640
    Got out again today sampling Boulder Canyon for the book. Pretty too huh?! Found several spots with gold so it was a fun day!

  13. #733
    us
    Bryan

    Jul 2012
    Mid-Missouri
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
    125
    160 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Very pretty there. Enjoy the nice weather while you can!
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    Bryan in Mid-Missouri
    "MidMoTreasure" on Youtube

  14. #734
    us
    Oct 2016
    Northern Iowa
    Whites GMT, Fisher F75 SE
    55
    42 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Very nice, looks like I need to Colorado, I'd really need to visit soon.

    Dig deep, keep the color. Bill

  15. #735

    Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    833
    1254 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510801769.016803.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	400.8 KB 
ID:	1516640
    Got out again today sampling Boulder Canyon for the book. Pretty too huh?! Found several spots with gold so it was a fun day!
    If I could I'd like this one twice.

    I have been eyeballing that canyon on google earth for months. Gorgeous spots there.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

 

 
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Kevin in Colorado or any others.
    By fishnfacts in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2015, 01:53 AM
  2. Kevin - Maryland
    By JuicyCarp in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2014, 02:23 AM
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kevin in IN (51)
    By jeff of pa in forum Happy Birthday!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 06, 2011, 09:41 AM
  4. Kevin Reliey
    By TXPIRATE in forum In Memory Of....
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2009, 10:28 AM
  5. Kevin In Okinawa
    By The Master Chief in forum Mug Shots
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2005, 02:03 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0