Kern River Shenanigans

Hardent

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2015
Carnation, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi TreasureNet,

Been a longtime lurker of these forums and thought I'd finally make an account and share a recent trip with two of my brothers! I've only just started prospecting seriously this summer, and now I can't stop thinking about it! Guess the fever's hit me. :laughing7:

Anyway, here are few pics from the Lower Kern.

IMG_4554.JPG IMG_4556.JPG IMG_4557.JPG IMG_4559.JPG IMG_4560.JPG IMG_4567.JPG

We ended up with about .15 g after running about 22 buckets through the 'zooka. Not great, but not bad for that area. I need to get a prospector model though, the sniper just doesn't eat the dirt fast enough. :/

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done. Keep your brothers interested too. Mo material, mo gold.:icon_thumright:

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only just started prospecting seriously this summer, and now I can't stop thinking about it! Guess the fever's hit me. :laughing7:

Everybody has heard of "gold fever", even the people that have never actually taken a step off of pavement. I never gave it any thought.

But I'll tell you what... Its real... When you actually have dreams of digging a hole in the ground, and wake up happy... That's definitely a sickness.
And it only gets worse.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardent , good for you man !! Keep up the good work

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the brother hood! Looking forward to hearing more on your adventures along the Kern. Nice area if you avoid Buhddas' Pub at the KOA camp ground in Lake Isabella.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome! Glad to have you on TNET!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a great time and great gold. Welcome to TNET and thanks for sharing your adventure. Hope to see more soon.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hay hardent

welcome to tnet I'm in Bakersfield down the road from you, I happen to have a brand new 48" Prospector Bazooka for sell if you still want one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread