Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!!! She's has quartz out of it she wants me to pressure wash!!:laughing7: Her ankle could be swelled 3 or 4 times it's size, and I'll bet in the morning she will be back down in there!!!:laughing7:

She was a welder for 10 years before her car accident in 2005. SO, when I say she's tough, I'm not just saying that because she's Mrs Nitric!:laughing7: I use to have to call her in for jobs, we had at a company I worked for ,when we needed to build custom trailers to haul equipment. The two of us could get more work done on a weekend than the whole shop did...And here's this 5ft 3 girl putting nicer welds down than the guys.:laughing7:I would cut and lay everything out and she would weld it.:laughing7: That was about 5 or 6 years ago, and the last job I did in FL(about a year ago) those trailers were still in use.

Anyhow, way off topic but who cares!:laughing7: I like writing I guess! Keeps me from rambling in everyone else's threads!

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nitric,
In my mind your having respect for your wife and sharing that respect here says a lot about you, your wife and your family and its all good!

Getting out and doing 'something' is a bit better than not doing anything, just finding pretty rocks is fun. in 1963 I hiked into this canyon in Northern California (NorCal) and was hooked by the amazing beauty of the place, the energy of a river at high flood stage, the fishing was great and I was in gold country. So I went back nearly every summer for 50 years and played at prospecting but really did explore the canyon and side canyons and learned a lot about the place and myself. One year I found some really nice pickers laying on the side of a creek and that really moved me into prospecting.

I would think that having that highbanker running, knowing where it was legal to use it and then using it would provide you with many more 'Pretty Rocks' some of which would have some resale value to them, would get all of you out of the four walls and would provide some interesting new play time for the family. There would be a need for you to look after the wife and son while out there so your time prospecting would be limited but all of you could be out together and that is worth a lot.

Also, make sure that everyone has fun including yourself as fun times together builds relationships and keeps a family together, prospecting should be a much lower priority than family, in my mind anyway. Pretty rocks, swimming, fishing, playing with your son, being with your wife and maybe getting a little gold is quite a formula for family togetherness.

Best of life to you and yours..................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nitric,
In my mind your having respect for your wife and sharing that respect here says a lot about you, your wife and your family and its all good!

Getting out and doing 'something' is a bit better than not doing anything, just finding pretty rocks is fun. in 1963 I hiked into this canyon in Northern California (NorCal) and was hooked by the amazing beauty of the place, the energy of a river at high flood stage, the fishing was great and I was in gold country. So I went back nearly every summer for 50 years and played at prospecting but really did explore the canyon and side canyons and learned a lot about the place and myself. One year I found some really nice pickers laying on the side of a creek and that really moved me into prospecting.

I would think that having that highbanker running, knowing where it was legal to use it and then using it would provide you with many more 'Pretty Rocks' some of which would have some resale value to them, would get all of you out of the four walls and would provide some interesting new play time for the family. There would be a need for you to look after the wife and son while out there so your time prospecting would be limited but all of you could be out together and that is worth a lot.

Also, make sure that everyone has fun including yourself as fun times together builds relationships and keeps a family together, prospecting should be a much lower priority than family, in my mind anyway. Pretty rocks, swimming, fishing, playing with your son, being with your wife and maybe getting a little gold is quite a formula for family togetherness.

Best of life to you and yours..................63bkpkr

I agree! I'll spare people reading this from any more boring details!:laughing7: But I'm very fortunate in many ways for having that option. Basically most of my life I was wound tight, GO,GO,GO.....You never really enjoy anything, and come home to a bunch of stuff, that is basically worthless no matter how much you spent on it. I'm not in the "Ideal" situation right now, but hey! I had the option to watch my son grow for a little while and be able to spend all my time with him. And that is awesome!! It won't be like that forever, but for now I'm enjoying it!

And sure!! I'm looking for Gold and eventually we'll be able to get out more and more. But it's not the money I'm after, it's finding a spot that isn't known,Learning something new, etc... the self pride part of it. The "this is what I'm after and I found it" type thing. Finding something valuable would be great too, don't get me wrong! :laughing7: I want my son to experience things a little differently in life than I did.

Hopefully later today I'll dig out the High banker stuff...I need a "different" project to play around with for a while! I wanted to build a suction or jet(?) type system. But I think the pump I have is all wrong for it. I don't have a "jet" pump. it's just a trash pump. so I'm not sure it would have enough pressure...Heck It might not even run by now!:laughing7: Last time I used my soft hose it was like a giant sprinkler!

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally!!!! Dug out all my High banker parts this morning!! And of course the gas is still in the pump after a few years! So? I guess that isn't going to cure its self?

Smells like?...Well? REAL old gas! So, I'll have to take the tank off,clean carb, look over the rest of the motor real quick, and get that running. Not even going to try to start it right now, I've been down that road too many times....Usually they "don't just clear out" when they smell this bad..Also have to fix the bent frame. Not the best pump and motor, but it's what I have to work with right now....

The crash box(?) looks warped on the bottom where it sits in the sluice. I'll have to see if I can do anything with that....And A pile of hoses and fittings to experiment with...most of my pipe fittings aren't glued. So, when I get them all to a spot that looks good, I'm thinking about drilling and tapping for a couple of stainless screws, to try it first.

This is what I have so far...Now to clean everything up. I have been dragging it around and kicking it around for years! Never really used it. I took it camping one time, and we just used the sluice with the flare...You can see the little pieces of wood in the grate, :laughing7: Anyone that has driven with one of these in the back of a jeep or car? Knows exactly what that is!!!!! I had to pull over after an hour of driving and put something in there!! It sounded like bells echoing in my jeep!!! I couldn't take it anymore!!!!:laughing7:

Here's some pics...Just a pile of stuff, and not sure what direction I'm really headed with it yet!

High B 005.JPG High B 006.JPG
High B 007.JPG High B 008.JPG
High B 010.JPG High B 012.JPG
High B 013.JPG High B 014.JPG

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Eww , varnish instead of fuel.
C'mon man , quit goofin around and post some gold. (Kidding, just kidding.)
You have some work ahead.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Somehow I missed this thread last year. Congrats on the boy child!

I fully expect you to be showing us GOLD!

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eww , varnish instead of fuel.
C'mon man , quit goofin around and post some gold. (Kidding, just kidding.)
You have some work ahead.

I know! I could have hand dug a pond by now!! :laughing7:

Ya, thats varnish!! It doesn't get much worse as far as smell....It's to the point you know the only way to do it it to take tank and carb off and clean real good.:laughing7: If not? It will just be a fight forever to keep it running right! We used it a few years back to pump water out of my dads basement when he had a small food..., And I think that gas has been in there since...:laughing7:

Which makes my kinda sick...I still have a motorcycle in ohio, in storage, that I thought would only be in there for a couple months, so I didn't winterize it? It's been in there for three years now....Can't even imagine what's going on in that motor!!:laughing7: Oh, well!!! I might that be someone elses problem at some point!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow I missed this thread last year. Congrats on the boy child!

I fully expect you to be showing us GOLD!

Thank You!! Deepseeker! It's been fun! Now he's starting to walk too good!!! Fast too!:laughing7:

Hopefully!! I'll have a couple of flakes here soon.... Just kind of playing around....:laughing7:

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll put it here! I got a PM saying I'm being accused of being someone I'm not! Not that I even really give two s**** to be honest! But I have a feeling one of the people that have sent me the pm's about this? is probably the one that started this nonsense. I've heard it a few times now. And I believe I know where and who started it.

NO!!!!! I have nothing to do with this group!!!!!! If you don't know what I'm referring to then it doesn't need explained. People that understand what's going on will understand...

If you have doubt? Ask a mod to tell you what state, my IP is in. I have nothing to do with the "Group" of nonsense makers!! I do just fine on my own with my own confusion and nonsense!:laughing7:

Ok, It's been hinted to(I think) and I've also gotten pm's in the past on the subject, and I just got a PM saying "people are accusing you of being $E%A!"..... No!! Not at all! And where did that even originate? I have nothing in common! Really???:laughing7: The more I started thinking about, the more I just wanted to bring out in the open!!

And "NO"!!!!!! I do not work for the site to create traffic or whatever other conspiracy theory is going!! I'm just a bored guy willing to talk about anything and everything! GEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!! Is that even a job? Hell, sign me up!!!:laughing7:

Funny stuff!!

Last edited:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can say that i have personally been out on the creek with Nitric. I met up with him in Villa Rica GA when i lived there and we went prospecting. Whatever is going on, lay off the guy. Im sure he has a case of cabin fever and if he wants to discuss his life in HIS thread, let him be.

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say that i have personally been out on the creek with Nitric. I met up with him in Villa Rica GA when i lived there and we went prospecting. Whatever is going on, lay off the guy. Im sure he has a case of cabin fever and if he wants to discuss his life in HIS thread, let him be.

Thanks Duckwalk! You met me, You now I'm just as clueless in real life!:laughing7:

My above post was more funny to me than anything....And Thought I'd just throw it out there! :laughing7: I've got nothing to hide, I actually,...Probably post too much personal stuff at times,and I'm known to wander off topic. but it's all a part of the adventure! Just get bored..And look for anything and everything to talk about!:laughing7:
It doesn't really have anything to do with this thread, I was just throwing it out here, because these are kind of personal, journal type threads...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this would be a cool place to log my adventures,what I'm learning or questioning about Geology,prospecting,laws on the subject, and maybe one day mining as a hobby or a real income. Or maybe not, Might just be a dreamer and a night time thing, learning history and related topics. Either way? It's for fun! To start, I'm not much of a writer!!! I'll edit a million times over the next few days and still won't like it. I've also been thinking,......I have a Son now, and wouldn't it be cool if maybe this was up years from now, maybe he would run into it!!

Next, is going to be what got me interested and a little about myself. It might get a little lengthy, I'll post questions or topics at the bottom. So, you can skip right to it if you would like, and skip all the stuff that is probably boring to most seasoned prospectors or that don't want to hear personal details! :thumbsup:

What got me interested?

I don't remember all the details, But it started when my Dad and Grandfather laughed at me and called me crazy! At the time I had taken over a coin,jewelry,watch, and gold buying customer base. The original owner was a real close older friend. He taught me a lot about many related subjects, took me to trade type shows and pushed me into areas of interest for about 10years. When he became I'll and passed, His son and I gave it a try. His son lasted from Feb, to Aug.(lost his butt trying to get rich fast, lost everything) that year. I made it a little over a year and closed it after the second guy I partnered with borrowed money(He kept borrowing to buy and pay loans (Ponzi type stuff)) and was starting to get into questionable activities on the side. I didn't want to be associated with him at that point.

Anyhow, during that time a man came in with vials of gold that he claimed came out of GA. (this was in Ohio) They were glass vials that had gold nuggets about a quarter inch and smaller with little tiny pieces of quartz embedded in them. The one vial I know weighed close to an ounce. That was my first time really ever seeing any nuggets in person. Now, from seeing the threads what people get out of GA, I'm really starting to question where it actually came from, or he knows a really, really,really good spot! While talking to him we got on the subject of prospecting and I told him I wish we had Gold in Ohio. He said"you do"! And explained the glaciers and to check into it.

That night, I stopped by my Grandfathers to talk to him and my Dad. I told them what I had seen and the conversation with the man earlier that day. They both laughed hysterically and told me I was insane and would believe anything anyone tells me!"There's no Gold in Ohio,!! Hey, maybe? you should look for diamonds too HAHAHAHAH" So, I spent the whole summer studying, looking at maps, and finding glacial gold Just to prove a point!!!! As I got interested in the subject a friend of a friend knew a prospector/miner from the west doing work for a local company on a related subject. I was introduced. He was one of the nicest people I've meet! He explained the life, some of the ups and downs and gave me a piece of equipment to take home, take apart, study and bring back. I hurried home, took measurements and took it back the same day. It was a suction nozzle that was variable. Made by a company in N.C. or S.C.. I was amazed that a man I didn't even know, was willing to take the time,talk and loan me a piece of his equipment to study!

I studied maps,books,Geology,watched videos on Youtube,and history off and on for the next few years. I even had my "treasure" or area of interest maps taped to our living room walls, to look at everyday! Now, my reading retention sucks! So, most of what I read and studied is no longer in there. Most of my concentration was GA. My mom and stepdad live here and I thought when visiting, I could prospect.

Grandfather becomes sick and tells me, Go for it one day! Life's too short, you already spent half of it chasing money,chase something that interests you.......He always wanted to go back west and mine, he never made it, and passed about a month after the conversation. With this in my mind, over the next year,my mom and stepdads health was starting to turn bad. Her(soon to be wife) and I weren't really moving forward, everything was kind of.... well.....Boring! Same old grind!

One day at work I'm told about a possible position in Ga! The same week mom calls worried about how they are going to take care of everything. SO!!!! The Brainstorm of the century! This will be exciting! I can kill the same old grind, stay with mom and help until we get a place close to them, which in turn helps us too,Job promotion!!!WOOOHOOO I'm going prospecting and mining! I'm on top of the world for the next few months!!! Pack up the house, give things away, Vehicles,furniture,4 wheelers, Because life is good! I'll make it up later! Lets go on an adventure! Get to GA, things are tight, that's ok job is still trying to get position organized ,"just hang out for a few months and we will let you know." Sounds Great! Well, one month turns into 4, call them up. "Ya, were still getting there just hang out, it's going to be real soon." OK.....I head back to Ohio to work the summer. While in Ohio, I get call from job! "Hey, where you at!" I tell them "I'm in Ohio working." "When will you be back in Ga?" "I can be there mon." (this was fri morn)" Ok, were ready to start, when you get to Ga let us know and we will get this moving!" COOL!!! Finally!!!! Pack back up, come back to GA. Call..week goes by call again, month, call two months answer."ya, were having issues and new management doesn't like the plan we had for you!" HUH?????

Then on Jan.1 find out she is 20 weeks pregnant and didn't know! Has complications came real close to losing both,he was born 10 weeks early. March 8.

Everything is gone! No money in the bank, no extra vehicles,house,.....completely out of cash! The vehicle we have is patched together! Lucky to have a place to stay! BUT...We found our Gold! His name is Nathaniel (gifted by god). At 39 first, child, and today is healthy , happy and doing fine, after a real rough few month start, today we were told he no longer needed heart meds! Grandpa was right! Quit chasing money! We never had kids, because we were so worried about money! Not, only that, we passed on other things that we couldn't see!

During this time of searching for gold I have met a lot of really cool people, learned a lot about life and many other areas! So, this has been my prospecting adventure so far! It's had it's ups and downs! Not worried one bit! I already found the gold! Now, I'm on to knowledge! And Hopefully one day, actually dig in the dirt? :laughing7:

What got you into prospecting? Was it the chase of money? freedom? Or something else...

Feel free to post whatever you want in this thread, I have many interests and I'm pretty thick skinned! So no worries! The above Is not made up and 100% true. There is actually more to it than that!

Any ideas, info, videos, pics, suggestions welcome!!! I have a high banker and some pans. So, will hopefully be hitting GA soon, as soon as everything is caught up, and a little on track!!

Back to information searching....................

Just saw this on the side of the screen (what going on kind deal) saw it was from u & know yur kinda local , I have only read yr initial post as of now, Life is Crazy , & usually it end & goes well, if we just do our BEST.

I had our only child in 2008 , so I was 37 (almost).

Your writing is much better than mine , Gonna Read on , I hope all is still going well , as much can change in a Year.
Davers

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Duckwalk! You met me, You now I'm just as clueless in real life!:laughing7:

My above post was more funny to me than anything....And Thought I'd just throw it out there! :laughing7: I've got nothing to hide, I actually,...Probably post too much personal stuff at times,and I'm known to wander off topic. but it's all a part of the adventure! Just get bored..And look for anything and everything to talk about!:laughing7:
It doesn't really have anything to do with this thread, I was just throwing it out here, because these are kind of personal, journal type threads...

Im looking forward to see a small video or something of that hibanker up and running!

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im looking forward to see a small video or something of that hibanker up and running!

I think I'm going to try the same creek, but in a different spot........Eventually!:laughing7: I'm working at it slowly.......:laughing7:

There is one real close to my house, I talked to the guy a couple of times while out walking and maybe next time I'll ask if I can try it in the creek, just to play around....I just want a place real close, to experiment in whether there is gold or not, just to see how it all works...

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this on the side of the screen (what going on kind deal) saw it was from u & know yur kinda local , I have only read yr initial post as of now, Life is Crazy , & usually it end & goes well, if we just do our BEST.

I had our only child in 2008 , so I was 37 (almost).

Your writing is much better than mine , Gonna Read on , I hope all is still going well , as much can change in a Year.
Davers

Oh!! It's getting much better! When I wrote that I was "Freaking out"(I won't admit that anywhere else).:laughing7: And there was a little more to all of it.

Now, things are a little more back to normal....It's becoming fun again!:occasion14: I can start exploring again...I'm not reading things about what baby food is what, and what is all this powder stuff! And "what did this kid eat" to smell like that? :laughing7:

I've learned stuff I didn't think I'd ever need to know!!! :laughing7:

Now back to rocks and gold! Until he eats one of those things I'm good!!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually just remembered this thread or I would have put my quartz finds and questions in here....I'll have to start..

So, lately, we have just been walking the neighborhood. There is new building going on so there is a lot of interesting stuff to look at in the dirt!! Maybe boring to you seasoned guys, but a lot of stuff is still new to us.

This morning she went for a walk by herself, and I stayed here with our son. Sometimes we take him but he was sleeping and left him sleep. She comes wobbling home,after falling down a bank after some quartz.. Trip to hospital!! After hours of waiting just a sprain on a previous injury. Crutches, some kind of air splint thing, and back home we went.

A couple hour later! She wants that rock!!!!!!! Before I knew it? Crutches on the floor, splint off and shes out the door limping towards the quartz!!:laughing7:

I thought I would start digging out a High banker I bought years ago and haven't really used..I collected some odds and ends, and I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions before I'm done!! I think it was a "piece together", but it's what I have and a start!! Then I'll have to find a place real close to try it out!!!! My son is walking and actually getting around awesome for being less than two!!!! He's fast too!!! So, it won't be too long and we will be able to take him out exploring!! I wouldn't even be afraid to take him camping at this point! He's really good, and is a pretty tough little kid!!!!:laughing7: Turned around today and he shot behind the couch! He thought it was funny!! I had to move the couch to get him out!!!:laughing7:

Hopefully! I'll have some pics of the high banker together within the next few days.....

You are Super Lucky/Blessed to have a Wife who likes Rocks , Gold hunting ,& Relics (I assume).

I say this cause , when my son was born I could not wait for the day he wanted to go Hike , Detect etc, with me.
But
Over the years my wife has complained sooo Much about my Detecting, (1 full day on Sunday) & a day or a few hours during the week. ??? Complained on the Phone to her Friends ...Friends (LOL) & to me ,in front of my growing Son.

He has no interest as of now to Go Detecting . He was born in March Also 'the 14th 2008' The day a Tornado hit Down Town Atlanta . It's my fault also ; that all his interest is on Video Games (on-line Games on My wife's ' His' Lap-top).

He is also Gaining Weight ( a few pounds through the Summer I know) ,He just started 3 rd Grade, ...In Paulding & Cobb counties the teach the Civil War in 5th & 8th Grades & likely 'Partial Truths'.

Oh well that said , Hopefully in the future He will want to be Outdoors & do stuff with me. There are just to many distractions these day's IMO.

Also IMO Like Most people , Kid's Want INSTANT Gratification & That's hard to deliver Detecting or Panning , Gold Hunting in general . Guess it all depends on the personality among parenting issues.

I truly hope your Boy has Treasure Hunting in his Blood (it's there ,it just need 's to come out).

I truly wish You & yr Family the best in the future .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll put it here! I got a PM saying I'm being accused of being someone I'm not! Not that I even really give two s**** to be honest! But I have a feeling one of the people that have sent me the pm's about this? is probably the one that started this nonsense. I've heard it a few times now. And I believe I know where and who started it.

NO!!!!! I have nothing to do with this group!!!!!! If you don't know what I'm referring to then it doesn't need explained. People that understand what's going on will understand...

If you have doubt? Ask a mod to tell you what state, my IP is in. I have nothing to do with the "Group" of nonsense makers!! I do just fine on my own with my own confusion and nonsense!:laughing7:

Ok, It's been hinted to(I think) and I've also gotten pm's in the past on the subject, and I just got a PM saying "people are accusing you of being $E%A!"..... No!! Not at all! And where did that even originate? I have nothing in common! Really???:laughing7: The more I started thinking about, the more I just wanted to bring out in the open!!

And "NO"!!!!!! I do not work for the site to create traffic or whatever other conspiracy theory is going!! I'm just a bored guy willing to talk about anything and everything! GEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!! Is that even a job? Hell, sign me up!!!:laughing7:

Funny stuff!!

Hmmmmmm, So you are incognito.... LOL
Talk/Type all u want.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Funny stuff!!

I sent the PM. I felt like there was a lot of similarity in the deleted ****man thread and the current gold dust thread.

So as not to break the rules, "in my opinion" the recovery methods being discussed seem outlandish and implausible. It really did remind me of the the deleted thread. A couple of people insist what they are saying is true and because of the T-net rules it's hard to refute their claims because if you do, you are calling them liars.

I only mentioned in passing that I read Nitric was accused of being ****man in an offsite blog. I know he isn't.

And for the record I do periodically wonder whether some bored mods generate controversial threads to generate traffic. I have no idea. I just wonder sometimes. Traffic adds to the ad revenue collected so there is reason to try to increase site traffic.

That deleted thread rarely went more than a couple of hours without getting a response and I can't remember how many views it had but it was astronomical.

Anyway, Nitric I apologize. I think you misunderstood my messages. I was just shooting the s***.

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent the PM. I felt like there was a lot of similarity in the deleted ****man thread and the current gold dust thread.

So as not to break the rules, "in my opinion" the recovery methods being discussed seem outlandish and implausible. It really did remind me of the the deleted thread. A couple of people insist what they are saying is true and because of the T-net rules it's hard to refute their claims because if you do, you are calling them liars.

I only mentioned in passing that I read Nitric was accused of being ****man in an offsite blog. I know he isn't.

And for the record I do periodically wonder whether some bored mods generate controversial threads to generate traffic. I have no idea. I just wonder sometimes. Traffic adds to the ad revenue collected so there is reason to try to increase site traffic.

That deleted thread rarely went more than a couple of hours without getting a response and I can't remember how many views it had but it was astronomical.

Anyway, Nitric I apologize. I think you misunderstood my messages. I was just shooting the s***.

Not a big deal at all!! I may have even had too much caffeine that day too!!:occasion14:
And yes! I completely misunderstood! That's my fault! :BangHead: I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions so fast!

Either way? It's all good! Just something to talk about.

And yes, I like to joke around too, but some of what is going on, seems to be to discredit some members that are actually (and know what they are talking about) trying to help people like me learn, and many others that are doing searches.

It's all trivial! And I guess it's all a part of the fun in a way.

Added....

It appears the problem is solved anyway! :occasion14:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions