Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: THERE"S GOLD IN THE GRANITE "GRANITE STATE THAT IS"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
    394 times
    Prospecting
    N.H I know what you mean. I also have a Tom And Perry mini cleanup sluice.I use it under a blue bowl. What"s left in the blue bowl I usually dump into. The exit tube in the blue bowl. And it lands on the mini sluice.Usually catch some of the smaller pieces I miss in the blue bowl. Im better at panning now so maybe this will help with the cleanups. Less transfers.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2847 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I used to lived in New Hampshire. Great state to search for old coins and buried treasures. Good luck.

gold miner antique collector

Sep 2013
    e.rochester nh.
    whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
    1397 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I used my clean up sluice this weekend for my cons didn't feel like panning. Re-ran my cons when I got home didn't miss much first time around but I did get more gold out of my cons. about 40 pieces of flea poop it was that fine. So keep that Tom and Perry's running.
    Some times skill has nothing to do with it!

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    N.H I see you got a banner. That"s great. Im sure there are others that have great days and years. But this is the area i know about. So I thought you should possibly have a banner.Im glad it happened. That mini sluice works great for me too.
    nh.nugget likes this.

Sep 2013
    e.rochester nh.
    1397 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks Trip! Happy gold hunting to you.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    I have a local mountain stream. The area has some history. Volcanic and two faults in the general area. Also two lead mines. I have been there twice sluicing. I only found One small piece of gold. But there is one section. With about a 1000 feet of exposed bed rock. I got the idea of bringing home some of it to crush. It has a lot of pyrite and mica in it. And its the stuff that crumble"s easily. Me and my grandson brought home about. A five gallon bucket full. So anyway I have crushed about a gallon so far. And I run it thought the sluice and panned the cons. To my surprise I found 9 pieces of gold and one good chunky flake. And about the same amount of platinum I think. Real shiny silver looking stuff. Anyway I keep it because it is heavy. Like gold.
    Jeff95531 and mytimetoshine like this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10318 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by triple d View Post
    I have a local mountain stream. The area has some history. Volcanic and two faults in the general area. Also two lead mines. I have been there twice sluicing. I only found One small piece of gold. But there is one section. With about a 1000 feet of exposed bed rock. I got the idea of bringing home some of it to crush. It has a lot of pyrite and mica in it. And its the stuff that crumble"s easily. Me and my grandson brought home about. A five gallon bucket full. So anyway I have crushed about a gallon so far. And I run it thought the sluice and panned the cons. To my surprise I found 9 pieces of gold and one good chunky flake. And about the same amount of platinum I think. Real shiny silver looking stuff. Anyway I keep it because it is heavy. Like gold.
    Smart man. Keep anything about as dense as gold. Other than lead, which is easy to id and should be removed from the waterway anyhow, the dense metals are all pretty valuable!

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    I crushed about 10 lbs of rocks. And I got that much gold. I think thats pretty good. But Im glad I checked it out. The rocks in the stream are jagged so I don"t know. If theres enough water flow when flooding. To break up the rocks to erode the gold.And most of the time the water flow is slow. I have to crush the rocks by hand. Which is a pain. But I am working on my next gallon. Along process.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Update finished cleaning up the last of 2015 cons. And the results of crushing some more of the rocks. I collected from one stream. I crushed about 3/4 of a gallon and ran it thought my cleanup sluice. Not as good as the first batch. Found 3 pieces two being specks. And a couple more pieces of platnum. So my total for the year. Just a little over 5 grams not great but Im happy with it. Most of it coming from N.H but some from Maine also.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Results from another half gallon of ore that I crushed. Eleven pieces of gold and 5 more pieces of possibly platnum. The gold is the prettiest of any I have found.Some real chunky and narley. I think Some are a hunderd plus. I think thats the size classifier I use. Still have about a half bucket left.Never would have believed I would have found anything like that in N.H. I basicly did it for a winter project. It comes out of a type of rusty shale schist looking Quartz rock with a lot of muscovite mica.
    Last edited by triple d; Feb 05, 2016 at 05:45 PM.
    nh.nugget likes this.

Sep 2013
    e.rochester nh.
    1397 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thought may you crushed your counter top! LOL!
    Jeff95531 likes this.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    No I think its a good idea. To leave the counter tops alone. Could be dangerious.
    KevinInColorado and nh.nugget like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    Currently: XP Deus v4.1 Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher Gold Bug 2 Previously: Garrett GTA 500 Garrett Ultra GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 1250
    861 times
    Got this last Saturday up on the Baker.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    triple d and Jeff95531 like this.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Nice thats the first gold ive seen. Thats come from the Baker. And a nice little take for the collection.
    laidback4sho likes this.

Mar 2016
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by triple d View Post
    Results from another half gallon of ore that I crushed. Eleven pieces of gold and 5 more pieces of possibly platnum. The gold is the prettiest of any I have found.Some real chunky and narley. I think Some are a hunderd plus. I think thats the size classifier I use. Still have about a half bucket left.Never would have believed I would have found anything like that in N.H. I basicly did it for a winter project. It comes out of a type of rusty shale schist looking Quartz rock with a lot of muscovite mica.
    Sounds like you found an outcropping of the Clough Quartzite formation (which has a brownish grainy quartz appearance and it is HEAVY), which has fine gold through the entire formation, that begins down several states away and ends up in Canada. The silvery stuff is not platinum, it is antimony.

Antimony is HEAVY just like gold, is soft just like gold, resists acid (stays shiney), however it is brittle when in crystalline form (closer to telluride). Do not crush this stuff, it can and will explode in your face and give off a nasty vapor.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links