Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: THERE"S GOLD IN THE GRANITE "GRANITE STATE THAT IS"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Its in the Rangley formation. The geology of the area doesnt show there being any antimony.A lot of Arsenical Pyrites or arsenopyrite also tonalite and pelltic schist. Silver and white tellurides with possible mixture of galena and silver,lead,colbalt, nickle. Some of it looks like melted solder. Which could be lead. Never know without testing. But it is heavy. Thanks for the reply.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Nov 2012
    761 times
    Quote Originally Posted by triple d View Post
    Nice thats the first gold ive seen. Thats come from the Baker. And a nice little take for the collection.
    Whaaat! I though we were better friends than that. The Baker has some really nice chunky gold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1465220060689.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	1322124  
    laidback4sho likes this.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Grizz now your out in Colorado you could. And only if you want to could give a way a few of your.Secret spots. But i do know you would hike into the back country some. Always wanted to try the Baker. But I had an idea its best in the back country.Hows the dredging going. Some of your posts look like your kicking butt. Been out a few times done ok. But need to put more time in.Thats a great take. In the picture. Outstanding for N.H.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    This journal has not had any posts in sometime. Please feel free to post any news about New Hampshire. Ive been doing very little prospecting. Ive pretty much lost my prospecting Partner. Do to health reasons. I know there must be gold related. Things golng on in N.H. Would love to keep this journal alive.

us
    Bill

Oct 2013
    Lakeland, Fl
    Garrett ATP
    34 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think I posted in this forum a few years back about NH&VT. I lived in NH, Canaan & Ossipee, for 27 years and panned for gold in the normal NH & VT spots, along with prospecting other out of the way streams. A "few" colors, but no worth the time and effort to go back to them. A LOT of work to half fill a small vile, but no pickers. Now in Florida, I am trying to head out west to do some panning and detecting. Go got to figure out where to start! Thanks, Bill

OH! if your old friend GRIZZ could give some info on which states and areas to start would be great. I will be back in NH for a few months in the late spring each year. So if you wish to partner up for some panning, that would be great.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Great to here some news about N.H. It is hard to find gold in N.H. And what there is very fine. With no more sluicing in the white mountains. It makes it even harder. Its where the best gold is. When your up this way give me a heads up. Hopefully we can get out. And move some dirt. Just send me a privite message. It will show up as an E-Mail so I won"t miss it. Thanks for the reply

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone and Cheers to all. And things have to get better. Prayers to California.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    187 times
    Prospecting
    I was talking to my father-in-law and there are lode veins around. Not too far away from where we have a house in New Hampshire there was a gold vein found, and they drove a drift chasing it several hundred feet until they said it was no longer worth the effort, but that was at 1900 prices. Would it be worth it today? I have no idea, but with so many streams nearby, I would think if there is lode, then there is placer gold too.

There is no river in New Hampshire where gold has NOT been found.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Ore Cart you are right about gold in all the streams in N.H. And also about there being a bunch of Mines. Mostly in the clough formation.They are still looking for the mother load there. Most gold found in the streams. Is so fine you would need a loupe to see it. Most of the gold found.In mines is a bye product of silver lead or copper.And the gold is a small amount of what is found. There is way more good gold streams. In Maine and bigger gold.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    187 times
    Prospecting
    Ore Cart you are right about gold in all the streams in N.H. And also about there being a bunch of Mines. Mostly in the clough formation.They are still looking for the mother load there. Most gold found in the streams. Is so fine you would need a loupe to see it. Most of the gold found.In mines is a bye product of silver lead or copper.And the gold is a small amount of what is found. There is way more good gold streams. In Maine and bigger gold.
    The problem with Maine Gold is, it is in very specific places, in a very few places, well documented where they are, and thus overworked.

It is definitely true about by products and mining though. I mean the Comstock Lode was originally a gold mine, and it took them a bit to figure out the waste rock was actually silver! One of the things that led to the discovery of gold upon my land was a lead mine not far away.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Ore Cart you are correct. Most of the good gold streams. In both maine and N.H have been picked over. And most of the bigger bedrock gold is gone. But there's a lot of gold eroded back into the streams. From the banks mountains and hills. Both Maine and N.H has mostly glacial gold. And mostly fine 100 mesh minus. I have prospected in Maine. There are a lot of good gold streams. But you will never here anything about them. Because there are so good.Also the Clough formation is like. The Carlin Trend. The gold has to be removed by a chemical process. They are still looking for deposits rich enought to mine.But most are on privite land. I have also found rocks thoughtout N.H. That i bring home and crush. That contain small amounts of gold. And other minerals. See my posts above. Lead mines in N.H. Also contain silver and usually small amounts of gold. Usually the mines are after the silver. Where the money is. Most of the mines in N.H. Were after other minerals not gold. That keep them open. Also I read an article. That said the Iriving Oil Company and logging. Has land in Northern Maine. Where there is a huge either silver or copper deposit. Worth millions. But are unable to get permits to mine there. Keep posting good to here from someone with like interest.
    Last edited by triple d; Feb 08, 2019 at 09:32 PM. Reason: added info

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    187 times
    Prospecting
    Ore Cart you are correct. Most of the good gold streams. In both maine and N.H have been picked over. And most of the bigger bedrock gold is gone. But there's a lot of gold eroded back into the streams. From the banks mountains and hills. Both Maine and N.H has mostly glacial gold. And mostly fine 100 mesh minus. I have prospected in Maine. There are a lot of good gold streams. But you will never here anything about them. Because there are so good.Also the Clough formation is like. The Carlin Trend. The gold has to be removed by a chemical process. They are still looking for deposits rich enought to mine.But most are on privite land. I have also found rocks thoughtout N.H. That i bring home and crush. That contain small amounts of gold. And other minerals. See my posts above. Lead mines in N.H. Also contain silver and usually small amounts of gold. Usually the mines are after the silver. Where the money is. Most of the mines in N.H. Were after other minerals not gold. That keep them open. Also I read an article. That said the Iriving Oil Company and logging. Has land in Northern Maine. Where there is a huge either silver or copper deposit. Worth millions. But are unable to get permits to mine there. Keep posting good to here from someone with like interest.
    Yes Maine just passed laws to keep almost all mining out, based almost entirely upon Irving's desire to mine THEIR land.

We are known as the Vacation State and some people feel that is all that we should be...one State Park for the rest of New England. I disagree, because with THE highest taxes in the nation, it is a tough place to live, and make a living here. If a person pays taxes, and has their own land (and thus mineral rights), I feel they should be allowed to extract them.

It is actually an honor to pay taxes as all of society operates upon that system, but then all of society also benefits from the extraction of metals too.

On a microscale, my gravel pit allows my neighbor to have a new house with a driveway she can use year around, but on a macrolevel, metals even allow the most earth conscious person to drive their Prius and save on fossil fuel consumption. A lot of people forget that those hybrid cars use a lot of mined precious metals to operate.

Owning land and houses in both Maine and New Hampshire, I have a deep appreciation for both states, and hopefully can dig in the dirt and get a little glitter in my remaining years from both states.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Sounds like you have the fever. Which requires a lot of work for little reward. Big business will make sure no one else. Will have it easy. And hope they will give up easy. Hopefully theres some gold in the gravel pit. That somehow lands in your sluice. Hang in there buddy and all the best.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    187 times
    Prospecting
    Sounds like you have the fever. Which requires a lot of work for little reward. Big business will make sure no one else. Will have it easy. And hope they will give up easy. Hopefully theres some gold in the gravel pit. That somehow lands in your sluice. Hang in there buddy and all the best.
    Yeah I might!

It is pretty easy I guess when you have a father-in-law that is into it as well. He is retired too, so he has plenty of time now, but he is more interested in coming here to Maine. We both own land in New Hampshire, but it is not really conducive to finding gold. We would both have to get permission from landowners to go after the places he has found it in the past.

He wants to hit the streams where I found gold this summer, panning for the placer gold, while I am more into the Lode Gold. It makes it easier here because I own the land, and so no landowner permission is required.

The biggest problem is, I live on a huge hill so there are very few streams on me; maybe four of them, and two are on the south side, so I doubt there would be gold there.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central N.H
    394 times
    Prospecting
    If its easy to get to those streams. I would check them also. It may be coming from a vein. Hills are good they erode faster. But it may keep you busy. Just checking what you have found so far. Testing these streams. Would be the fastest way to pin point areas thought.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links