THERE"S GOLD IN THE GRANITE "GRANITE STATE THAT IS"

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hopefully the test comes back good. If so you have the equipment to move some material. And make some money. You also have the land too. Which i don"t have. I can only pick up a few pieces here and there. But i have seen sides of hills that. I would like to bring home a few dump truck loads. But again privite land. Can"t wait to here the results.

I was pretty encouraged looking at the bedrock map as it showed 80% of the bedrock that should have gold, is on this farm. BUT I was able to get the Surficial Map today of the area, and it shows where the water flowed, and where the sediment is. Except for my little 8 acre gravel pit, it is not on us. Even then, my gravel pit is unique in that unlike the others around me, it came from melted glaciers and was not transported here. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Basically it means the Lode Gold is on me, and the Placer Gold is on my neighbor; by the way I am looking at the map anyway. MAYBE some gold is still left in the streams on the way to his side of the property line, but he has got the benches and sediment gravel deposits by the look of things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread