63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Pooh, I thought I had included a reply here about the Meet UP and all, I'm certain I typed something HOWEVER I arose at 7:00 AM on Monday 17th and after a hard day of hiking/cutting/brush busting/mountain hiking I returned to camp about 3 PM, broke camp/packed up, returned the dysfunctional lopper to the vendor and headed south arriving in San Diego just before 6 AM. I then slept for about 1 hour and was up the rest of the day till roughly 10 PM when I dropped into bed after a wonderful, heavily needed, shower! Hence, my mind is not quite certain about anything I recall having done on this site other than I did click on some likes.

I did have some cell service out there however due to the distance from the tower to my cell phone the charge would only last for a few hours IF I did not send anything or take any pictures, etc. We met on Friday and I left on Monday so not much time to communicate.

Gold on my trip - the experience was Golden though somewhat disappointing as I did not quite reach anything I'd hoped to reach though I did get close. If the lopper had cut properly then I would have reached the first canyon and would have started detecting. Then I would have stayed for a few more days but I need to rest up between hikes as the four joints are in need of TLC!

Wait a minute, I Did start a long reply message! My mind is a mess right now, I switched the message to MS Word and saved it let me look it up and I will post it later. Yup I'm mostly back but my mind has not caught up with me as I was up for many long hours between the morning of the 17th and the evening of the 18th. Later............63bkpkr

IMG_4154.JPG Smoke from the North Fire the evening of 08 Sept

IMG_4179.JPG Second Day out IMG_4185.JPG A couple cold nights later

ADDENDUM: Check out "An Outing Above the NFAR Sept 9 to 17, 2018" in my Prospecting and Other Adventures in NFAR country Journal (9/20/18)

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are OK, and bummer about the loppers.. When you attack it again bring some extra loppers.. and by that i mean some eager tnets members such as myself, that would gladly cut trail for you!
Well Pooh, I thought I had included a reply here about the Meet UP and all, I'm certain I typed something HOWEVER I arose at 7:00 AM on Monday 17th and after a hard day of hiking/cutting/brush busting/mountain hiking I returned to camp about 3 PM, broke camp/packed up, returned the dysfunctional lopper to the vendor and headed south arriving in San Diego just before 6 AM. I then slept for about 1 hour and was up the rest of the day till roughly 10 PM when I dropped into bed after a wonderful, heavily needed, shower! Hence, my mind is not quite certain about anything I recall having done on this site other than I did click on some likes.

I did have some cell service out there however due to the distance from the tower to my cell phone the charge would only last for a few hours IF I did not send anything or take any pictures, etc. We met on Friday and I left on Monday so not much time to communicate.

Gold on my trip - the experience was Golden though somewhat disappointing as I did not quite reach anything I'd hoped to reach though I did get close. If the lopper had cut properly then I would have reached the first canyon and would have started detecting. Then I would have stayed for a few more days but I need to rest up between hikes as the four joints are in need of TLC!

Wait a minute, I Did start a long reply message! My mind is a mess right now, I switched the message to MS Word and saved it let me look it up and I will post it later. Yup I'm mostly back but my mind has not caught up with me as I was up for many long hours between the morning of the 17th and the evening of the 18th. Later............63bkpkr

View attachment 1633988 Smoke from the North Fire the evening of 08 Sept

View attachment 1633986 Second Day out View attachment 1633987 A couple cold nights later

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jerry,
Thank you for putting together our 'meet up', that was fun and interesting, and thank you again for treating me to dinner!

And also thank you Jarrod for sharing some time with us and for bringing along that amazing specimen!..............63bkpkr

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread