OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now have a dedicated California Mother lode Prospectors Youtube channel and have fixed the incorrect spelling in my title :BangHead:

Please subscribe for upcoming trailers and this falls full adventures!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its HERE! Episode #1 Paradise Prospecting Trailer!! watch, enjoy, SUB!!!

There will be more episode trailers leaked during the season with the first episode premier in the fall. Subscribe and stay tuned!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been quite the summer already, since the last post Ive been up to the claim for a solo trip doing some sampling and checking on things. Not much of anything interesting on that trip unfortunately, I will say I did not notice any high grade digging which was nice to see. I have made more of a presence up there this year so it helps. On the way back from the claim I stopped and Met up with Goldwasher at his store in Coloma which has moved and is in a prime location and with a very nice interior and store front! Had a good time talking gold with him Chris and Miles..Had dinner and beers at the Coloma Cub as usual and then got home late around 9ish.. It was a good outing for sure to say the least!

I purchased some new gear as well, met a guy by the name of Miles in Coloma next to Goldwashers place that makes custom river shorts that when I saw I knew I wanted for many reasons.. They have zip up pockets so no stuff coming out if you fall or jump in which means no more losing snuffer bottles or anything else.. Also they are rumored to last multiple seasons of abuse! I picked out my material and design and cant wait for to pick them up! I also purchased from a guy up in BC a new aluminum trailer to haul gear behind the trials bike. Its very similar to the trailer in my paradise video only built for motorcycles and built to take abuse that we can surely dish out. The bike trailers we modified worked but we had to stop and fix them multiple times. We did however find that the advantages of the trailer were great so we decided to dish out some cash to have this option that will enable us to bring much more gear and be that much more comfortable while we ride/camp. I will have a separate post about that soon...

Yesterday I decided on a whim to take a Harley ride up 49 from Auburn to Downieville and stop at the south Yuba and do some prospecting and take a dip in the water. I left about 10 am, had a nice morning ride to the yuba, stopped and was digging dirt while enjoying the scenery. I only dug for an hour as it was just a quick stop plus I only brought a small finishing pan since it was all I could pack in the saddle bags and didn't feel like putting on the rear trunk. I did pretty good for my very quick diggings and the water felt like a swimming poll, was the perfect temp for a swim. I got back on my bike and made it to Downieville just in time to catch by surprise the festivity's of the Downivlle Classic Mountain bike race/festivities...

I had a BLAST! Just what I needed, the whole town felt alive like it was the gold rush again! You could hardly walk through down town there were so many people and bikes and dirtbikes and food and beer and EVERYTHING!.. I will for sure make it up next year if I can, one of the funnest festival type events I've been to in a long time. I explored the booths and town and went in the museum and got a good look around. I ate at the pizza parlor right on the water where I watched the freestyle bike jump into the river contest put on by Redbull and cCiff bar! So much good stuff going on...

I ended up having trouble with the Harley when I decided to leave. The darn thing would start then die over and over.. I had limited tools with me and decided to let it sit for a while as it was possibly flooded is all I could think of.. I cam back and it started and ran as should and I made it home luckily.. I told my wife that downieville didnt want me to leave lol..

Was an awesome trip well worth the trouble!

Here is a link to the event: Downieville Classic Mountain Bike Race and Festival

P_20170805_111518_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_142958_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_143002_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_143006_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_143534_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_143610_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_144459_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_144507_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_144806_PN.jpg P_20170805_145014_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_145115_PN.jpg P_20170805_145325_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_145342_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_151057_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_153058_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170805_153124_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170806_103813_vHDR_Auto.jpg

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure looks like a good day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, fun!

Glad the Hog got back in line :)

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres my new gear trailer for the trials bike. Will fit a entire 2" pump inside with the lid closed.. Will about triple the amount of gear I can bring with me!
DSC_8988.JPG DSC_8990.JPG P_20170807_162058_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gerry are you off next Tuesday or Wednesday?

We should be going down river though school is starting so it may not happen and the next week My daughter has heart surgery.
So it may be the week after.
May have to switch to Mondays for rafting in September. They are gonna stop dam releases on Tuesday and Wednesday in September
I am gonna get you on a raft though so try to keep those days open when you can. I'll update you as things happen.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure man have a sick day waiting for it! Next week is actually kinda hard due to work, but.. if you find yourself going out in sept/oct I can make that happen easy. Also I have sept 4th of that is a Monday. Either way I'm down and looking forward , even if it's short notice odds are I could prolly make it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the lights dialed in and added license plate lights.. P_20170809_195704_vHDR_Auto.jpg

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I made it out a couple of times recently, first being a camping trip with the family on the south Yuba at Indian Springs campground. Not much of a gold trip but had a blast swimming in the Yuba, sniping the swimming hole for lost glasses and what not and fishing. I did a few pans but this area is far above the gold.. I didn't find much except a rattler that almost got at my older daughter but thank god we heard it before she hopped down with it.. I did some exploring on the trails bike, there are a lot of lakes and ohv 4x4 trials up there. They were holding some sort of 4x4 run or something this weekend I believe from the crowd on the trail. I ended up getting almost lost trying to find french lake but I had my drone to get a birds eye view now and then to find the way out. My old Garmin is just so outdated, it works but not good on the bike as the vibration rattles the double a batteries enough to cycle the power while in use.. very annoying and impractical... (I decided this trip I needed to upgrade)

Most of the pics were from the gopro this trip. I spent a lot of time with the family so not a lot of footage but I did get in some sweet drone flights and bike rides. We spent the evening in Truckee one night and had dinner, that place thinks its too good for the woods or something, a little too upity for my taste. one day I woke up early and loaded the trailer and went exploring trying to find french lake and ended up running into a group of 4x4s that had just woke up and were really nice and couldn't believe my rig made it out there! We ended up taking the truck to Bowman and did some fishing but had no luck. Stopped and checked out upper Bear river as well, sure is a lot cleaner and clear up there lol. We did some hiking and bike riding around camp as well, it was a great trip and I really liked the campground and ohv area and location, I would highly recommended it and plan to camp here again.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 14.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg ] P_20170812_124716_PN.jpg

Attachments

• P_20170812_124716_PN.jpg
    P_20170812_124716_PN.jpg
    969.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • GOPR0341.MP4.08_113_52_19.Still001.jpg
    GOPR0341.MP4.08_113_52_19.Still001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ext trip was back up on the north fork to "Paradise" with Casey for our first trip out with the new cargo trailers for the bikes. Also got a Garmin inreach explorer+ for my birthday that I can text with and has sos feature which I should have already just in case.. Everything worked out great, with the trailers we learned a few things like not to to load them up to the limit or they really get wobbly lol.. It wasn't bad though and a lesson learned. Otherwise they worked amazingly well and we were so much more comfortable riding and while out there with the extra gear brought in (WE HAD ACTUAL CHAIRS!!!) .. It was a great little adventure for sure, it was HOT and humid and this made for some lazy prospecting lol.. We explored the miners tent across the river (which is on blm property and not claimed), was falling apart and had not been used in quite some time. We did a little foot work and found another new underwater mine, and gathered drift wood for the fire from the abundant supply on the bar. We did a fair amount of prospecting but Casey was not felling well most of this trip and decided to relax and we mostly swam during the heat of the day, doing some sniping and exploring. I did fairly decent given the amount of work put in and I had a great time otherwise. We cooked an EPIC meal.. had so much food it was ridiculous... We always make sure to eat well on our outing, no matter if the gold is good or bad. The next day we briskly made camp to try and get home before the major traffic rush hit. Was a successful adventure by all means, great times and good gold!

View attachment 1485778 View attachment 1485779 View attachment 1485780 View attachment 1485781 View attachment 1485782 View attachment 1485783 View attachment 1485784 View attachment 1485785 View attachment 1485786 View attachment 1485787 View attachment 1485788 View attachment 1485789 View attachment 1485790 View attachment 1485791 View attachment 1485792 View attachment 1485793 View attachment 1485794 View attachment 1485799 P_20170819_202222_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170820_141448_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170820_181325_vHDR_Auto.jpg Attach0_19 (2).jpg

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks A2!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
getting in some great exploring and got some gold too. All the terrain and trail knowledge is good experience and will pay off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed up to "paradise" for one last trip this season. Life's been crazy lately and I'm lucky I was able to get out as much as I did this season I'll admit to that. From here on out till next season will probably be mostly day trips and once its cold and wet out I hope to get some exploring of new areas going..

Right off the bat we found someone had stolen some of our gear we stashed and that was a bummer at first but luckily it was nothing of real importance just a few chairs and tarps. I have a feeling it was some locals from the other side of the river who seem to think that their entitled to the area having access to the only way down on that side now, its a shame really.. We found some broken chairs at the abandoned tent cabin and repaired them and were back to business as usual. We made it up late in the afternoon the first day and stayed two nights, having one solid day of prospecting from dawn till dusk which for me only amounted to 1.25 grams but its more than I started with lol.

Casey had the idea while sitting in camp that if he could get his cell phone to the top of a tree and use his wireless bluetooth headset at the same time, possibly he could call his wife to let her know he was ok. Seeing that we had everything to put his theory to the test, his phone was soon hanging from a branch about 50 ft in the air and he was talking to his wife while sitting next to the fire in a canyon deep in mother lode back country.. We had good times, killed a whole bottle of whisky surprisingly between the two of us, not the norm I really don't drink that much but when your having fun and working hard I guess I sweated it all out, never really felt it much..

We toned it back a bit with the food this trip being two nights and we wanted to carry more gear so we opted for more dehydrated food and had some hotdogs instead of the normal steak and everything else under the sun the first night. I'm actually a fan of the mountain house stuff, if you let it sit for a while it really comes out nice and tastes good to me.

We both got good gold this trip, not sure what Casey pulled but I came back with over a gram and for a day of leisure prospecting I wont argue.. Mostly all flood gold with one nice chunkier picker. :icon_thumleft:

View attachment 1496157

View attachment 1496158

View attachment 1496159

View attachment 1496160

View attachment 1496161

View attachment 1496162

View attachment 1496163

View attachment 1496164

View attachment 1496165

View attachment 1496166

View attachment 1496167

P_20170916_190853_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20170917_091646_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20170917_160658_vHDR_Auto.jpg

GOPR0362.MP4.15_08_42_01.Still001.jpg

DJI_0003.MOV.00_03_51_13.Still002.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stretch of river looks amazing, huge bars, bedrock, bends, and it looks some what remote - Awesome location!

Thanks, it is a prime location for sure, its quite off the beaten path... Some of the same trails we use were established in the 1850's and are fading fast, we try to preserve and clear these trails so they are not forgotten..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread