Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 125
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Account open 2016

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    au
    dave

    Aug 2015
    Eastern Victoria
    Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
    296
    593 times
    Sluicing, crevassing and general dirt diggin', fishing, family.

    Account open 2016

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453108400691.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	1261867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453108432262.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	1261869Well the wife "told" me to go bush as i was getting a bit grumpy (fevered). therefore i have decided to start a journal of my adventures...hit my usual creek as it produces and has history. set the 'garbzook' up in the same bedrock riffle and continued digging on the gravelbar that i started on last trip, i extended my dig 2' towards the creek centre and about 1.5' downstream. This bar is inside of a slight bend 15' d/s of sluice and have to dig down about 2' to hit bedrock/crevices. ran 15 x 5 gal buckets and cleaned - out at # 8 and # 15, i also straight fed zook for about 45 mins at the end of the day sampling a couple of nearby holes for later digging. After clambering out of gully back to the car (60 degree climb) i realised i lost my 1/2" classifier - will have to make a new one. I also took a small walk up the track to look for an easier way down to the creek further upstream and i believe i spied one of the old mines on the other side of the creek..more things to explore as i move closer to the source cleaning the creek as i go during the year...heavy pans all

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Au dave; Jan 04, 2017 at 05:01 AM. Reason: change heading to Account Opened 2016

  2. #2

    Jul 2012
    Holmes County Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    2,035
    1595 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting


    Nice stuff dave, have you ever tried fossicking ? looks like there's some nice nuggets just layin' around.......
    Rockwerx likes this.
    Two rules in life: Don't sweat the small stuff.

    It's all small stuff.

  3. #3

    Nov 2012
    594
    761 times
    That's chunky stuff, I bet there's a crevice or two holding some fat cornflakes!

  4. #4
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,639
    10241 times
    Prospecting
    Welcome t the land of prospector's journals...I'm looking forward to reading about ALL your adventures!

  5. #5
    us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    1,401
    3064 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Aussie, aussie, aussie! Can't wait to see that down under gold!
    Aufisher likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

  6. #6
    au
    dave

    Aug 2015
    Eastern Victoria
    Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
    296
    593 times
    Sluicing, crevassing and general dirt diggin', fishing, family.
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    Aussie, aussie, aussie! Can't wait to see that down under gold!
    i did post pics ....did they show up??

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Aufisher likes this.

  7. #7
    us
    Mine All Year Long!

    Feb 2013
    Mountlake Terrace
    4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
    581
    802 times
    Prospecting
    Yes, they showed up, and look great! I'm sure we are all just excited to see more! Heavy Pans!
    mytimetoshine and Aufisher like this.

  8. #8
    us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    1,401
    3064 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Au dave View Post
    i did post pics ....did they show up??

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Yep, in all there glory. I meant can't wait to see more!
    Au dave and Aufisher like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

  9. #9
    au
    dave

    Aug 2015
    Eastern Victoria
    Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
    296
    593 times
    Sluicing, crevassing and general dirt diggin', fishing, family.
    Daddy's golng out to play tomorrow.....will keep you all informed !!

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    au
    dave

    Aug 2015
    Eastern Victoria
    Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
    296
    593 times
    Sluicing, crevassing and general dirt diggin', fishing, family.
    Trip 2
    Hit the same bank and extende d/s another 2' to a depth of 3' from bank to centre, discarded top 1' of sand/gravel and ran the rest thru sluice which was about 10 buckets. Decided to do a cleanout and found a few flypoop specks, as the bedrock crevices were still calling to be cleaned out it was time to breakout the handpump..filled 3 more 5 gal buckets, whilst running the 3rd bucket i noticed some blood on my pants leg ..and not being shy , dropped the strides only to find a leech sucking the life out of me...lol. damn thing was 3" long and about 1/2" thick so it was on for a while...time for some first aid, a cleanout and lunch. Cleanout revealed a little 'cornflake' that must of only just fitted thru the 1/4" classifier...thanks GG ..
    After lunch i dug a spot just above the zook between two bedrock riffles spaced 4' apart so i could shovel straight in,and slipped on the slimey rock and took a dip upto the neck..ha ha ha idiot..kept feeding the zook for 2 hrs and decided to clean-up and head home early as my leg was still leaking slightly. Panned the cons today and ended up with a few specks and my flake...

    Pic 1 looking d/s bank on rhs mid background. zook gets set betwwen riffles in foreground on submerged rocks
    Pic 2 total take
    Pic 3 cornflake close up
    Pic 4 weight
    Not a bad day considering...weight came in higher than i expected ...heavy pans allClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453889978307.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	1265142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453890008111.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	1265143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453890027307.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	1265144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453890046312.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	1265145


    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,639
    10241 times
    Prospecting
    Great writing, thanks for sharing! Leeches - yuck!
    Aufisher likes this.

  12. #12

    Nov 2012
    594
    761 times
    Oooo baby! Your dig sounds great! If you are finding fatties like those keep on it! Grandpa Nug can't be far!
    Aufisher likes this.

  13. #13
    us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    1,401
    3064 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Au dave View Post
    Trip 2
    Hit the same bank and extende d/s another 2' to a depth of 3' from bank to centre, discarded top 1' of sand/gravel and ran the rest thru sluice which was about 10 buckets. Decided to do a cleanout and found a few flypoop specks, as the bedrock crevices were still calling to be cleaned out it was time to breakout the handpump..filled 3 more 5 gal buckets, whilst running the 3rd bucket i noticed some blood on my pants leg ..and not being shy , dropped the strides only to find a leech sucking the life out of me...lol. damn thing was 3" long and about 1/2" thick so it was on for a while...time for some first aid, a cleanout and lunch. Cleanout revealed a little 'cornflake' that must of only just fitted thru the 1/4" classifier...thanks GG ..
    After lunch i dug a spot just above the zook between two bedrock riffles spaced 4' apart so i could shovel straight in,and slipped on the slimey rock and took a dip upto the neck..ha ha ha idiot..kept feeding the zook for 2 hrs and decided to clean-up and head home early as my leg was still leaking slightly. Panned the cons today and ended up with a few specks and my flake...

    Pic 1 looking d/s bank on rhs mid background. zook gets set betwwen riffles in foreground on submerged rocks
    Pic 2 total take
    Pic 3 cornflake close up
    Pic 4 weight
    Not a bad day considering...weight came in higher than i expected ...heavy pans allClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453889978307.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	1265142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453890008111.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	1265143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453890027307.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	1265144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453890046312.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	1265145


    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Picker alert*** picker alert***

    So let me get this straight. So there was a fall, blood and gold?..yep that sounds like prospecting!
    Last edited by mytimetoshine; Jan 28, 2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Jeff95531 and Aufisher like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

  14. #14
    au
    dave

    Aug 2015
    Eastern Victoria
    Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
    296
    593 times
    Sluicing, crevassing and general dirt diggin', fishing, family.
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    Picker alert*** picker alert***

    So let me get this straight. You fell and we're bleeding and found gold?...yep that sounds like prospecting!
    bleeding wasn't caused by slip but had a good soak ...thank god the water was about 18 C and the air temp about 24 C so it wasn't too bad. still had a good day ..its always nice to get outta the house.

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    mytimetoshine and Aufisher like this.

  15. #15
    us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

    Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    2,623
    4087 times
    Prospecting
    THAT is one fat and sassy flake! Definitely on the trail. Well done!
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

    Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

    CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

    A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

 

 
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Feb. 28, 2016 Galveston, TX HARC 34th annual open beach hunt
    By byron (tx) in forum TNet Member Hunts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 29, 2015, 08:31 PM
  2. would you open a new bank account for...
    By phrostie in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2009, 03:24 PM
  3. Whats with some banks wanting $50 to open a free checking account?
    By treasurefiend in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2009, 05:43 AM
  4. Short hunt and got a new account at a bank thats open 7 days a week.
    By treasurefiend in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2009, 06:31 AM
  5. Open a Credit Union Account
    By Codes in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2008, 06:22 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0