Account open 2016

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
uploadfromtaptalk1453108400691.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1453108432262.jpg Well the wife "told" me to go bush as i was getting a bit grumpy (fevered). therefore i have decided to start a journal of my adventures...hit my usual creek as it produces and has history. set the 'garbzook' up in the same bedrock riffle and continued digging on the gravelbar that i started on last trip, i extended my dig 2' towards the creek centre and about 1.5' downstream. This bar is inside of a slight bend 15' d/s of sluice and have to dig down about 2' to hit bedrock/crevices. ran 15 x 5 gal buckets and cleaned - out at # 8 and # 15, i also straight fed zook for about 45 mins at the end of the day sampling a couple of nearby holes for later digging. After clambering out of gully back to the car (60 degree climb) i realised i lost my 1/2" classifier - will have to make a new one. I also took a small walk up the track to look for an easier way down to the creek further upstream and i believe i spied one of the old mines on the other side of the creek..more things to explore as i move closer to the source cleaning the creek as i go during the year...heavy pans all

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice stuff dave, have you ever tried fossicking ? looks like there's some nice nuggets just layin' around.......:thumbsup:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome t the land of prospector's journals...I'm looking forward to reading about ALL your adventures!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aussie, aussie, aussie! Can't wait to see that down under gold!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, they showed up, and look great! I'm sure we are all just excited to see more! Heavy Pans!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i did post pics ....did they show up??

Yep, in all there glory. I meant can't wait to see more!

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Daddy's golng out to play tomorrow.....will keep you all informed !!

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Trip 2
Hit the same bank and extende d/s another 2' to a depth of 3' from bank to centre, discarded top 1' of sand/gravel and ran the rest thru sluice which was about 10 buckets. Decided to do a cleanout and found a few flypoop specks, as the bedrock crevices were still calling to be cleaned out it was time to breakout the handpump..filled 3 more 5 gal buckets, whilst running the 3rd bucket i noticed some blood on my pants leg ..and not being shy , dropped the strides only to find a leech sucking the life out of me...lol. damn thing was 3" long and about 1/2" thick so it was on for a while...time for some first aid, a cleanout and lunch. Cleanout revealed a little 'cornflake' that must of only just fitted thru the 1/4" classifier...thanks GG ..
After lunch i dug a spot just above the zook between two bedrock riffles spaced 4' apart so i could shovel straight in,and slipped on the slimey rock and took a dip upto the neck..ha ha ha idiot..kept feeding the zook for 2 hrs and decided to clean-up and head home early as my leg was still leaking slightly. Panned the cons today and ended up with a few specks and my flake...

Pic 1 looking d/s bank on rhs mid background. zook gets set betwwen riffles in foreground on submerged rocks
Pic 2 total take
Pic 3 cornflake close up
Pic 4 weight
Not a bad day considering...weight came in higher than i expected ...heavy pans all uploadfromtaptalk1453889978307.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1453890008111.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1453890027307.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1453890046312.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great writing, thanks for sharing! Leeches - yuck!

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Oooo baby! Your dig sounds great! If you are finding fatties like those keep on it! Grandpa Nug can't be far!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trip 2
Hit the same bank and extende d/s another 2' to a depth of 3' from bank to centre, discarded top 1' of sand/gravel and ran the rest thru sluice which was about 10 buckets. Decided to do a cleanout and found a few flypoop specks, as the bedrock crevices were still calling to be cleaned out it was time to breakout the handpump..filled 3 more 5 gal buckets, whilst running the 3rd bucket i noticed some blood on my pants leg ..and not being shy , dropped the strides only to find a leech sucking the life out of me...lol. damn thing was 3" long and about 1/2" thick so it was on for a while...time for some first aid, a cleanout and lunch. Cleanout revealed a little 'cornflake' that must of only just fitted thru the 1/4" classifier...thanks GG ..
After lunch i dug a spot just above the zook between two bedrock riffles spaced 4' apart so i could shovel straight in,and slipped on the slimey rock and took a dip upto the neck..ha ha ha idiot..kept feeding the zook for 2 hrs and decided to clean-up and head home early as my leg was still leaking slightly. Panned the cons today and ended up with a few specks and my flake...

Pic 1 looking d/s bank on rhs mid background. zook gets set betwwen riffles in foreground on submerged rocks
Pic 2 total take
Pic 3 cornflake close up
Pic 4 weight
Not a bad day considering...weight came in higher than i expected ...heavy pans all View attachment 1265142 View attachment 1265143 View attachment 1265144 View attachment 1265145

Picker alert*** picker alert***

So let me get this straight. So there was a fall, blood and gold?..yep that sounds like prospecting!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Picker alert*** picker alert***

So let me get this straight. You fell and we're bleeding and found gold?...yep that sounds like prospecting!
bleeding wasn't caused by slip but had a good soak ...thank god the water was about 18 C and the air temp about 24 C so it wasn't too bad. still had a good day ..its always nice to get outta the house.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That spot with the ferns is gorgeous! Being in Australia I wonder if there were animals watching you and deciding if they were going to eat you. Nice picker!

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That spot with the ferns is gorgeous! Being in Australia I wonder if there were animals watching you and deciding if they were going to eat you. Nice picker!
thats a possibility ...they sent the leeches in to soften me up...lol

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy all ..thought id check in ..been working on the honeydo list for the last few weeks so haven't been hunting...hopefully get out beginning of March for some yella therapy after the city dwellers go home ...on a positive note i have scored some brownie points with the wife as i have painted the exterior of the house . Weather board houses use heaps of elbow grease and paint ..lol
heavy pans

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Trip 3

After waving goodbye to the last of the relo's Monday arvo and a ' recovery' day Tues. I got a chance to hit the creek, albeit a late 1100 am start on the water. I've had a nagging little voice in my head telling me to finish 2 crevices at the first spot i hit... so i did, setting up the zook and being able to dump straight in 2 hrs later spot 1 voices were silenced. Cleanout resulted in a few specks.
Whilst I was in a completion frame of mind I reset the zook in the second spot 10' upstream and cleaned out a crevice I couldn't get to earlier due to water height and flow rate, this time i had just enough water to run the zook but that crevice revealed little colour. Walked updtream further passing spot 3 (where I was last trip) and went up about 40' further and found a bedrock outcrop that extended from the roadside (25' above) down into the creek and across the other side disappearing into the hillside.. this section is about 25' long and 10' wide and thats what is covered in water. The only spot to set up was at the d/s end ... so got to carry material to sluice for a few visits. Spent the next 3.5 hrs cleaning the first 3 creek bed crevices. The 2nd crevice contained a perfectly round hole slightly larger than my shovel that was 2' deep. Ran the cons this morning and ended up with 5 specks and a bit of flypoop..not even enough to show on the scales. Not alot of colour for the day but I have shut up the voices and eased the fever for a spell, still plenty of work to do on new spot (#4) and spot 3 and I'm slowly closing in on the first mine location....heavy pans all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread