2016 LONE STAR PROJECT

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Iv been doing work for the owner of a silver mine here in Denver. The mine is 45 min west of Denver. He wants me to Clean out the shaft that was 150 ft deep at the time of the mineral survey. It is now clogged full to the top with junk . water heater/winch. wood ladders. rocks. and god knows what other surprises . the owner has told me that I can have 50% of what ever I can recover. Time will tell if this is a good deal. With the new reduction mill 5 miles away it might work out. the picture is after I and my brother spent about 3 hours cleaning up caved in walls and sections of roof. we also winched the rails out from under the shaft collar and placed them on blocks up out of the dirt. I just wanted to get this thread started for historical purposes. Oh and don't forget the historical assay that was done . 6,300 oz silver per ton!. made the local papers when it was done in the 1800s. thought Id at least clean it out and see if I can find any more ore like that! Bryan In Denver Colorado.

Attachments

• lonestarcleanup1.jpg
    lonestarcleanup1.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 167
  • lonestar1.jpg
    lonestar1.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 173

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you and your brother have your work cut out for ya'. Stay safe!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
today we went back up just to deliver ties and 2 beams for the new collar. at least thats what I told my brother. we ended up removing most of the old rotted out collar and a big squirrel nest. then we started placing the pressure treated beams for the new collar. both are in the picture 6 inch by 6 inch a 12 foot and a 8 foot levaled with 4 by 4 ties for now. in denver the temp was in the 90s today and at the mine low 80s....

Attachments

• lonestar2.jpg
    lonestar2.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 139
  • lonestar3.jpg
    lonestar3.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6,300 ?!?!. care to share these assay results. That's amazing! sound like fun

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That could easily have been the case. Back when it was virgin ground, I have no doubt there were sites with greater than 25% silver! I know of a mine right now that, while not silver or gold, is coming up with higher amounts than this of copper, and with over 12 oz. Au per ton in oxides!!

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
today we went back up just to deliver ties and 2 beams for the new collar. at least thats what I told my brother. we ended up removing most of the old rotted out collar and a big squirrel nest. then we started placing the pressure treated beams for the new collar. both are in the picture 6 inch by 6 inch a 12 foot and a 8 foot levaled with 4 by 4 ties for now. in denver the temp was in the 90s today and at the mine low 80s....

ahh its a plugg,
i was wondering where the workings were from your pic i couldnt tell, now your sittin on the edge i can see,
much fun in mucking, never know what the heck they thrown down the hole hope you dont have to much to dig out before you hit the shaft.

Good to see i aint the only one who takes on these crazy jobs.

Be safe good luck.
GT...................

OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yes mucking it out today and adding a few more beams to the hoist shack deck . it was a fight due to poor construction from the rebuild of the shack that we think happened in the 60s. it was made with small trees not milled with some very bad corrugated metal. nailed to it. the only thing holding it up is the hoist frame. I had to increase the temp cribbing. on the next trip I will be starting the track work , squaring up the hoist house deck framing and putting in a few concrete piers.

Attachments

• lonestar4.jpg
    lonestar4.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 153
OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dump cart

To days project is welding 3/8ths inch flanges onto iron wheels total cost $35 each. includes straight castors and bearings. To buy just the flange wheels would have beeen $80 each. Bryan In Denver Colorado.

Attachments

• lonestar5.jpg
    lonestar5.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 140
  • lonestar6.jpg
    lonestar6.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread