63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H Miller, it is wonderful to see and hear that you are having so much fun working! The pictures are superb! As I recall the mountains out your way are spectacular, I'd appreciate a picture of the landscape out your way. Keep enjoying and thanks for sharing your fun with us!..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We made it in the house for Christmas. Still some work to do but it's cozy inside by the fire. Here is a shot from the back porch today. Enjoy. Merry Christmas. 6239.jpeg

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a micronta microscope 30X and look at the tailings you pan out. You might see some micro fine gold you are missing!

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife bought these. I think she is challenging me. IMG_20180310_185805069.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a worthwhile challenge. Say about an ounce of nuggets per bottle, she does go along and help out with the prospecting - Yes! Have fun when you get to it.

I'm finally getting over flu #2, starting to feel pretty good. Making plans for the summer, have purchased a new backpacking camp stove, weighs 9 0z., that uses sticks for fuel so yes it will need to be tended while cooking but it is a lot lighter and smaller than a tank of propane stove fuel. I also purchased a 300' spool of Para Cord as my old food bag cords are getting frayed and it was on sale at Midway so I went for it. Nice rainy night here in San Diego..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Luckily since we've moved here I've only got sick once. I used to get sick all the time. Keeping away from society helps I think.
We are going to open a mining/rock/gem shop here so that is why the gross of vials. We are at boarding land of a very popular rock dig so it is fitting. There used to be a shop here many years ago.

Get well 63, spring is around the corner.

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sold our camping lot in Cle Elum today. Since we bought a place here near the claims we had no need for it any longer. We sold it to an older couple that are rock hounds and wanted a home away from home while doing their thing. Will miss the place but onword to new memories.

Snowed most of the morning here. When will it be the real spring and melt so I can get back to prospecting? IMG_20170818_150014640.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be the right time when it is the right time! I want to be out there right now, the only thing holding me back is 6' to 8' of snow over several miles of road and shoulder surgery 06 April. Other than these few items I'm ready!

Seems like both of us are in serious need of some out door adventures!..............63bkpkr :hello:

LOL! so you are on here Now as well, we are in bad need!

Last edited:
OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OwenT stopped by today. Was really nice to meet him and chat for a bit. Gave him permission to dig in one of my claims. Didn't have time to go with him this time. Hopefully next time. Thanks for stopping by Owen.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's hilarious; used to love geocaching back in the day...always nice to hear about it every once in a while.

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out a little this weekend. Too hot in the lowland so headed for my placer claim. It's over 5,000 feet so a lot cooler up there. Brought back a couple of buckets of material to run through the gold cube. Found some color and a big king bolete. Ate that for dinner. Chicken broccoli mushroom stir fry. Yum yum. IMG_20180715_151737213.jpeg View attachment 1611946 IMG_20180713_154928493_HDR.jpeg IMG_20180713_154938240_HDR.jpeg

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Wow! Gold and gold, that is some mushroom, kind of reminds me of the Sheep Heads we find in PA as to size, but some grow as big as a bushel basket.

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! Gold and gold, that is some mushroom, kind of reminds me of the Sheep Heads we find in PA as to size, but some grow as big as a bushel basket.
Weighed in just under 3 pounds. Sure tasted good. Now if I can only find a nugget that big.

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a booth up at the miners rally here in Liberty Wa. Had a great time. Met some more of the locals including the potato patch guys. This is Andy. received_235014623804741.jpeg

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a booth up at the miners rally here in Liberty Wa. Had a great time. Met some more of the locals including the potato patch guys. This is Andy. View attachment 1626175

Wish we could have made it over for that. Ended up with a funeral on Saturday and just couldn't fit it in. Maybe next year!

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear that Mike. It was a lot of fun. Nick Zenters presentation was good too

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been busy making a gold panning station for the shop, for me too. IMG_20180901_181803275.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions