GOLDEN TREASURE AT THE DEAD MAN'S MINE PROLOGUE

G

ghostminer

Please note, a ** will be used to separate paragraphs in these writings. GOLDEN TREASURE AT THE DEAD MAN'S MINE PROLOGUE : Can the rough and tumble rookie mining crew from Pennsylvania find the lost treasures of the Dead Man's Mine? The Dead Man's Mine lies in a remote area of the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. It is comprised of over 500 acres of rugged mountains and streams. It was first discovered by a group of prospectors in the 1850's that mined it by hydraulic method which utilized pipe and water cannons to blast away at the ancient gravels. These gravels were sometimes deeply buried in the mountains or sometimes near the surface and contained gold, diamonds, and other precious gemstones. When California banned most of the hydraulic mining in the 1880's the old companies moved out leaving many unfound treasures. ** The mine got it's name in 1935 when a prospector named Sam Martinson was murdered one night while camped on the northern acreage. Martinson had been exploring and working the old mine for several months starting in the spring of 1935. He hand dug a 15 foot shaft along one of the numerous faultlines and found an area of raised bedrock. Sitting on the bedrock was 2000 ounces of gold worth close to $3 Million when priced in today's gold values. The old government reports say he showed some of his gold when in "poor company" and was murdered and robbed. His body was found at the bottom of his diggings now known as The Martinson Shaft. However, it is believed that the majority of his gold was hidden somewhere on the mine and never found. This area is said to be haunted by Martinson as well as cursed by his relatives. ** Several prospectors who have come to this site have found no gold but instead have met with misfortune such as broken bones, illness, or were just plain scared away by supernatural happenings. ** After being forgotten and abandoned for years it is re-discovered by a group of want to be miners doing research on old mining districts in the Mother load country of California. ** The greenhorn crew were professionals in the Pennsylvania shale oil and gas business. Operating a shale service business they were forced to shut down when many wells were shuttered due to falling oil and gas prices. ** Luke Allen, the leader of the group, had always had an interest in gold mining. He decided that with rising gold prices this was a good time to take a shot at his dream. After consulting with a local geologist in California the group pooled their money and bought the old mine. Everything they owned was now on the line. ** They named their new company "Rough & Ready Mining". ** Company boss Luke Allen is a no nonsense individual that likes to get the job done and doesn't take no for an answer. Standing 6' 4'' with wavy, sandy brown hair, short clipped beard, and weighing a muscular 220 pounds he is a formidable figure. Luke doesn't think twice about making a tough decision or brawling with someone that gets in his way and he's got the battle scars to prove it. ** Besides Luke Allen the crew is made up of three more men. Jake Tanner is dark haired and clean shaven standing 6 feet and weighing 200 pounds. He is a heavy equipment operator, easy going, and knows his machines. ** Joe Sherman stands 6' 2' and weighs a solid 230 pounds with red hair, goatee, and a jovial disposition. He also runs heavy equipment as well as drilling rigs. ** Completing the crew is Jayson Benson. Jayson has brown hair and a bushy beard. Standing about 6' 2' he weighs a solid 210 pounds. He has a short fuse and is a mechanic and truck driver. ** Can this crew of tough greenhorns coax the hidden treasures from the old mine or will they meet with failure or worse? The odds may be stacked against them but that never stopped Luke Allen before. ** Together the crew will encounter many fascinating characters in the area including their geologist and exploration man. They will be challenged at every turn by wild animals and even the rumored Big Foot that roams the mining area. Buckle up - it's going to be a Rough & Ready ride!

Attachments

• img017.jpg
    img017.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 137
  • img104.jpg
    img104.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When California banned most of the hydraulic mining in the 1880's the old companies moved out leaving many unfound treasures

Never banned and still legal today.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Correct but the big companies were forced to contain the slickens which caused the companies on our mine to pull out in the 1880's. We are permitted & possibly could have hydraulicked also but chose another route. Many of the old companies were forced to scale down operations or stop mining. I have done lots of research on the history of our mines in the Sierra Nevada. They operated on a commercial scale for about 30 years. Thank you for your input. Merry Christmas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread