Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Prospector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Gosh not much gold to talk about,
    Went out placer prospecting hittin the black rocks, still just a little to moist for my drywasher, maybe another week, just real wet down next to bedrock, rather than dig 2 times by making drypiles, i wait a bit more, besides hunting black Rock drops is much fun.
    Got my bleeper Workin, it lasted Bout 4 hours before it finaly gave up, made a dying cracking sound and does nothing now.
    Still managed a tiny piece of yellow spied with my eye don't know how ? It was in the shadows, if it hadn't been in the black rocks I wouldn't of seen it.

Anyways I'm still doing the rock thing, got the stones on the sander finally, I think I have like 60 shaped stones lost count, maybe another week or so i can polish. So much work involved In stone cutting n grind, the end result it's all worth it.

I have drilled crystall phantom amulet's, only a few were good enough to use they are double terminated.
    Super powerful, if your into that. I wear one gives much energy, they are fresh out of the pocket , I call them pinto mnt phantoms, if you would like to buy one give me a PM.

Couple pics not gold but found while prospecting for gold !
    Hope youall enjoy,

Sheen obsidian I think came from up by lassen ?
    Can't remember every spot!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181001_132355.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1,008.5 KB 
ID:	1646769

Name:	IMG_20181009_104938.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	1646770

Some crystals#2 theres a little damage, the singles are phantoms.

Thanks again for lookin at my ramblings and dealing with my O .C. D.
    Gt.
    Pics courtesy of,
    PINTO MOUNTAIN ROCK WORKs
    Last edited by gold tramp; Oct 28, 2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Pic troubles again
    DizzyDigger likes this.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Hadn't seen the grandson for a bit, he shows up yesterday, sees the drywasher out.
    Comes in ask me about it, I tells him I had to give up hardrock minin, can't find no more ore.

Little turd called me a poopbutt, think I take him to a spot where I gotta carry my tools up hill for 2 miles or so. Kids now days.

Heard my ole gold friend Doc passed over the divide,
    I only have one old gold buddy left, better thank him for always being there to buy my yeller stuff, thanks for realizing how much work we did for so little return, always gave us spot.
    Its nice folks recognize hard work.

Getting my placer gear ready for a trip out in the bush, broke out the drywasher started first crank, was gonna replace the tray cloth n bellows I think it will last another few tons washed,
    As long as I'm carefull don't poke a big hole in the tray cloth I will be fine.
    Carry masking tape n silicone quick fix just in case.

I know I said I was throwing in the towel, that's just hardrock prospecting, I still mill ore, and always have drywashin.
    Bleepins not happening till I gets a new machine.

Don't think I will ever shake this dadgum gold bug, fever, whatever you want to call it.
    If I had to give my self a title professional Laborer would probably fit best.

Gt.....

Name:	IMG_20181103_080601.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	561.3 KB 
ID:	1648515
    My drywasher kit minus buckets.

Name:	IMG_20181103_080012.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	1648516
    Riffle tray still got some miles.
    Last edited by gold tramp; Nov 03, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4157 times
    Prospecting
    GT,

Wished you lived closer brother. I got lots of hardrock ore to work. Just can't find anyone local willing to work it. So it's just me and the wife. I love her to death but she doesn't need to be working hardrock with me.

Move to Arizona brother and I keep ya busy.
    gold tramp likes this.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Machinist View Post
    GT,

Wished you lived closer brother. I got lots of hardrock ore to work. Just can't find anyone local willing to work it. So it's just me and the wife. I love her to death but she doesn't need to be working hardrock with me.

Move to Arizona brother and I keep ya busy.
    Have mill will travel, one needs to have at the least 40ton on the ground, this way if it turns out to be lowgrade I still get some pay and can get my mill home.
    I take half the take, you supply the diesel for the generator, and mill repairs, I do the work.
    Or we can pick up your ore and mill here, same deal half the cut.

Only if your serious, as Talkin bout it don't get ore washed across the table just gets me a day older.
    And you have to have at least 40 ton,
    Of ore that is, not wall rock mix so no waste piles they have tramp metal, it causes breakdowns.
    We can run those but they have to be hand culled to find trash much extra work.

Anyways it hardrock mining .

Thanks for the invite,
    Im gonna go collect some nuggets, do some bleepin, hope I find a gold coin before my old legs give out.

Gt.....

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times

Name:	IMG_20181218_124428.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	1663588

Name:	IMG_20181222_113331.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	5.13 MB 
ID:	1663589

Bull steel, lady fingers n minin spoons, dryplacer tool kit.
    Gt....
    Last edited by gold tramp; Dec 24, 2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Mad Machinist likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4157 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post

Name:	IMG_20181218_124428.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	1663588

Name:	IMG_20181222_113331.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	5.13 MB 
ID:	1663589

Bull steel, lady fingers n minin spoons, dryplacer tool kit.
    Gt....
    Good to hear from ya brother. Was starting to worry a little.
    gold tramp likes this.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23967 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Great post I dream of prospecting some day even if I found nothing just the fun of it Thanks for the post Good luck to you and stay safe Tommy
    gold tramp likes this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Been awhile since I talked minin,
    doing the placer now, so I stay out in the hills, home time has been recouping from the boulder throw out n handcrankins of my drywasher and the much uphill hiking.

Hittin it hard since 1st of Nov or so, don't have a bunch to show, fact is its been kinda skinny Pickens for the amount of work I've done, thought for sure I would of hit at least one nugget by now, like I said it wasn't for lack of trying.

So I'm just chasing the black Rock drops as the ground is much wet down a few inches, this kinda limits my hunt to these drops, bedrock is to deep to wet till summer heat.

I'm gonna stay true, buff out as much as I can stand, my old hands are in bad shape so it's much sleepless nights due to pain, wear braces, it helps, just a fact of life if you labor much.

Found a wee bit of ore in my hikes, I always grab it if I sees some yeller, add to my bucket back at Claudette mill, got a 35 gallon drum 2/3 full, a few more months it might be enough to do a mill run.

Here's a shot of a drop zone for you armchair guys, note the pile of hot rocks (iron stones) gold wears an iron hat, most times these spots will yield the yellow, if you are the first to be into one it can be fabulous payday, I'm still waiting for a virgin pocket, till then I settle for crumbs.

I usually get at least one value, out of a drop zone, the one in the pic has many large black rocks and loads of small ones going to the drywash, I find the ones loaded like this, they will most likely hold a picker at the bottom, notice flat front of boulder, classic pocket forming nugget drop zone.

Name:	IMG_20181224_105315.jpg 
Size:	667.2 KB 
ID:	1663946
    Notice the size of the iron stones and amount in such a small area.

You can see how wet it is in the pic, this slows my work as I have to let them dry out or add dry dirt to the mix, pain in the butt so I've been off hiking till it drys out more.

it's much green out in this ole desert now, gonna be very snakey spring time coming, anyways heard the club guys found a couple oz nuggs with the minelab, glad to hear somebody out here in this desert is doing well, I have to say it's Gettin mighty hard to find for me these days.

Santa didn't leave a new bleeper under my Xmas tree, was really bummed out, good thing I don't really need one to find the yellow.

Merry Christmas
    Gt......
    Last edited by gold tramp; Dec 27, 2018 at 02:12 PM.
    Mad Machinist likes this.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Last gold of the year, the bigger goes to my grubstaker, still no nugget, started back placerins in November, had to put new tray cloth on my drywasher, put my fingers through the old stuff, guess it was about 8 year old, amazing how much material can run over the cloth and it holds up.
    Just Workin my butt off trying to find the yeller, maybe this new year will bring in a pocket for me.

Gt......

Name:	IMG_20190102_054837.jpg 
Size:	462.1 KB 
ID:	1666601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181216_090224.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	1666603

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Update from Claudette mill.
    To wet for the drywashins, going to be that way till it heats up, so I'm off prospectins now, havnt forgot about the bullion mnts, just found some yeller it gave me a little push to get out lookin for gold instead of hiking.

Did about 35 days placer prospecting, found like 5 grms, sure is alot of work for little return, maybe I get lucky next run and hit a pocket.

Anyways just couldn't stay away from the hardrock. I got a couple spots worthy of diggin, both are deep so it's drilling and cracking solid rock to get at the values.
    the pay zone is only running about 2 ft length 3inch wide, so not alot of pay for the amount of work to get at the stuff.

Add a little depth sure makes things tuff, Workin the hills alone now so I gotta tote my own tools, muck, n dig, everything is heavy in mining and much hard labor. Jackhammer weighs about 35 lbs, I drill 1.1/2 by 18 in hole for dexpan, takes 30 minutes to drill one hole, much fatigue, drill like 10 holes so you can imagine what drill day is like and I still have to mix n load my holes with cracking agent. I forgot cleaning the drill holes out.

Jackhammer n muckin takes about half day if I did my drilling right I get mostly larger pieces of rock to throw out the hole, it just stacks up till I get it all cleaned out then I move it to the tail pile, kinda twice the work but I'm alone now.
    More about the pay zone later.

Anyways, Holes like 10 ft deep, diorite one side andesite the other very solid all the way, no easy stuff as I'm past all the surface oxidize diggins well into fresh rock.
    So you get the idea of what it's like down hole.

Should of just stuck to bleepin, but I got bit by the hardrock bug, now I got a mill an a need to always be a diggin.
    We are getting ready to crush ore here at the mill, got enough ore built to get a good mill run going maybe couples grms, have to wait till it tables as this always tells the tail of the final take.

Im gonna give it a good run hardrock diggins till the ground gets dry enough to get back to work at the placerins, gotta get that dadgum nugget found.

More ramblings and pics soon.
    Gt.....

No gold yet here's some decent rocks to look at.

Name:	IMG_20190117_181504.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	1672427
    Photo courtesy,
    PINTO MOUNTAIN ROCK WORKs.
    Last edited by gold tramp; Jan 19, 2019 at 01:14 PM.
    arizau, delnorter and OwenT like this.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4448 times
    Heavy Duty Hard WORK you be talkin about GT! Be kind to yourself...............63bkpkr
    gold tramp likes this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Started millin again,
    Got the power plant moved and hooked up the crusher, mill n crusher still share the same power.
    Starting to get some stock pile of ore run off, arrastra mill is filled and first run is ready for the grind.

Hope to have some minin pics soon, it's very windy here right now.
    Looks like I crush ore for next couple days.
    Give me a week or so to pile up a ton of crushed, will start grinding n get to tablin some yeller stuff.
    Keep the yeller coming in till i gets back to my placer Workins, as soon as the ground drys out I'm back to throwing out rocks, wind blowing like it is I may be back at it before I get the jackhammer started.

Till next time a couple mill pics.
    Gt....

Name:	IMG_20190120_124820.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	1673220
    Jaw crushin

Name:	IMG_20190120_125752.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	4.97 MB 
ID:	1673229
    Crushed n ready to grind.

us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    965 times
    Really interesting Gold Tramp

Mike
    gold tramp and DizzyDigger like this.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Yesterday much wind, so I had to quit early,
    was blowing so hard it was robbin me of my gold dust.
    Here's a pic of my office, panning station and sample tools, step one in the milling phase, do all of our breaking up of the bigger stuff n cull the waste rock before it goes into the crusher.

Don't like to put big chunks of ore into my old machine, to hard on it so I try get it all down to 3in or smaller, slows down the op a bit but easier on my unit.

Also get a chance to clean the ore of waste rock as it don't pay, I try to do the cullins at the dig but some waste always gets by my bad eyes.

Hope youall enjoy the show,
    Gt......

Name:	IMG_20190122_141114.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1673627
    Notice pile of classified black rocks from my placer prospecting, going to throw them in the tumbler see how well they polish up.

Another batch of finished rocks.
    Still working on my flat spots.

Name:	IMG_20190120_180705.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	962.8 KB 
ID:	1673644
    Photo courtesy
    PINTO MOUNTAIN ROCK WORKs.
    Last edited by gold tramp; Jan 23, 2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Bad eyes

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1862 times
    Stuck at the mill, decided go ahead put new bushing on my drywasher crank, handles getting wobbly keep running my thumb through the pulley n belt, just something that happens when its worn out, hurts pretty good.

Nice weather here, hope it holds, drying out fast so i may abandon the hardrock and hit the placer again, soon it will be getting hot then it's not the dampness to deal with its those dadgum bees, getting my machine ready to roll, already grubstaked up, so minute it's dry I'm Oughta here.
    Gotta gets those nuggets found.

For those that don't know the steps of hardrock hand sample,
    Just a visual of what's needed n steps to take, learning to pan your on your own.

Name:	IMG_20190124_090132.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	1674042
    Material to crush hopefully gold bearin

Name:	IMG_20190124_090138.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	1674041
    Crushing device

Name:	IMG_20190124_090356.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	1674040
    Classifying into gold pan I use 45 mesh

Name:	IMG_20190124_090437.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	1674043
    Classified material ready to pan

Name:	IMG_20190124_091025.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	1674044
    Panning

Name:	IMG_20190124_091355.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	1674045
    The goods if your rock was carrying values.
    Hope this helps
    Gt.....
    Last edited by gold tramp; Jan 24, 2019 at 01:40 PM.
    DizzyDigger likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links