OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys done Claim jumping MY prospectin Journal....
Gt .....

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tried to get in here do some writing, ankle bitting chiggers are still diggin in on My journal.
So the same guys giving me guff at my story in hardrock forum, did same here in my journal.

Right arm.....

Might have shut me down with my journal, I still enjoy my milling and minin without you all.
Think today I start crushing ore .....

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rules n regulation's.
This is my gold adventure.
Don't post your gold pics its my journal
No sarcasm.
If I'm having a bad day its my deal, last thing I wanna see is others gold in my journal.
It's ok to comment, if it's not bullcrap, like I said it's my story so my bullcrap only.
This is my electronic mining camp on the tnet claim, your welcome to sit down for a visit, just don't leave your crap, its not hard to do, use common sense...

That being said,
I ain't here to kiss anyones butt for likes, just sharing my true life story of living in a modern day desert mining camp, we just do stuff the old way my way, I ain't asking for advice or giving it !
So if I made my point, maybe I can continue the Claudette mill story and my Ramblins of a desert gold tramp..
If not I can find a new mining camp although it will probably be the same crap no matter where I go.

Definitely a sign of the times we are in.........

More Ramblins soon
Thanks....
Gt......

Some random test pics....
View attachment 1828665
New mill stones yes that's hand forged BBQ fork I'm an amateur black smith

View attachment 1828666
Had the crusher back together Murphy shows up..

View attachment 1828667
Back apart 2nd time

View attachment 1828668
Hot dog.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So I guess I start with where I left off, the mill repairs, I know I was going to do a bunch of hiking lookin for stuff that I missed from a few years back when I was searchin for Longs gold.
I just wasn't having a good time, now it's warming up pretty good makes it dangerous out there,it's hot.

Anyways with my luck I go out right now might have good ole Murphy show up and I have to be rescued, or finally get bit by a Mojave green. I just don't want to end up at the hospital.

My seasons drywashin plans on hold till I get my health crisis taken care of, then it's 6 months recuperating before I can lift my machine or a bucket of dirt.
Health is messing up the hiking have to wear a medical device isn't much fun, looks like for me its just hanging at the mill, run ore, I got a helper so don't have the heavy liftins.

Gettin that crusher back up and runnin, had it ready to hook up the power plant, and dadgum murphy shows up.
Bolt holding the adjusting spring broke, there is a plate falls out when this happens so shut us down before we even turned on the power.

Got the repair done, had to remove hopper again, tear out jaws, clean a bunch of grease up, fabricated new eye bolt to hold the spring n plate in place, put it all back together again, adjusted her down 1/8.
It's ready to go.
I hardfaced the jaws last year so they should be good for another ten ton or so.
Think by the time i gets that much crushed the babett metal will be worn out and will need to replace.

Next step get the arrastra back up n runnin, got to dry fit floor stones, grout them in place, let it cure a few days and we can grind some ore. While I'm waiting for the grout to cure, we will get to crushin those cob piles, get some of these barrels emptied.

Sorry for all the bullcrap, I've been dealing with much death n destruction this last year and the fallout that comes with it so I'm a little on edge, glad I got a garden to escape into.....

More Ramblins soon
Gt....

View attachment 1829246
From my time in Glennville Pennsylvania, thanks Jeff.

View attachment 1829247
Jaw adjustment and grease catch.

View attachment 1829248
Ready to attach power plant

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Another day on the dole.
Actually wouldnt of been able to buy a lousy 6 bags of spec mix with out.
I always thought when the poop hit the fan i could just go grab some gold.
For this ole miner its not that easy, this here is dry desert land you got to work to get it, now its 100 degrees or better everyday, truly adds to the fun of diggin.

Anyways here comes the judge (sunrisin) gonna be hot today gotta get to work.
Still havin troubles postin pics...
Gt....

20200506_075532.jpg
Floor stones dry fit looks good, some minor trimmin with hammer ready for grout.
20200503_165536.jpg
Cleaned down to subfloor, pick is for scale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gone millin

Sorry for the click bait pics just won't work for me.

Close up for you DIY mechanics.
20200510_100305_HDR.jpg
1941 dodge rear axle and hubs
20200510_100134.jpg

20200517_103924_HDR.jpg
Little bit of gold left on the table after runnin.
Notice how tiny, desert gold.

20200517_094832_HDR~3.jpg
Todays run, we just started so the water is still clear.

20200517_095438.jpg
Shot of the material im runnin, its middlins, still.carryin values.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pics showed up fine this time Herb..no worries.

Good to see ya back workin' at the Mill. It's an amazing place
you got there..:icon_thumright:

You say your health is messed up...what did ya go and do to
yourself? sSig_aaarggh.gif

You got 100F ..miserable, hot and dusty, and today I'd be
happy if we had half that warmth up here. Had a few nice
days, but still too cold and wet to get much done.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dizz,
I'm doin some cleaning of my mill area, the wife has had enough of my mining mess.

Hurt myself actin like i was a youngster boulder scramblin down the wash it was stupid,
gonna be riding the pine for a bit, no heavy mining or prospectin, good thing I got cob piles to cleanup.
It ain't much but keeps me in the yeller.

We been havin mild weather here for May, garden doesnt know what's going on !
Anyways good to hear from you.

Don't know why I have so much trouble with the upload of pics.
Gt........

I'm just posting random mill pics, trying to get the upload process figured out

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Update
Still haven't finished the arrastra, had to break up a giant piece concrete. It's on the honeydew list.
Been running that shaker table for a few days, finally got something to show.

As im running I grab off a sample every 20 minutes or so just to see how its looking, dump all these into one pan save till the end of the day, let's me get a good look at the take.
Going to make an amalgam ball for those who have seen it, so next few weeks we see how big a ball we can make off the test pans from my tabling project.

Mind you these are concentrated pans from the days run....
Anyways we are starting with a pea sized drop of clean Hg, couple swirls in the pan it takes up just about all the yellow.

Some random Hg pics, out of sync.
Gt....

Always have a dedicated pan for your Hg work, this way you don't contaminate any nuggets later on with the Merc, seems one can never get all of that stuff out of the pan, anyways just good practice.
Now I've giving this advice for free, please wear a mask it's just good practice these days
You aren't weak if you do, thanks .
View attachment 1835756
Pregnant Hg

View attachment 1835757

View attachment 1835758
Pea sized droplet Hg

View attachment 1835761
A few sample pans concentrated from shaker table.
Threw some smelting crumbs in for effect.

Last edited:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear you’re working some material Herb. The hard tasks are never done. Hope to see the pictures as I’m not able to open the photo links.

Mike

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to hear you’re working some material Herb. The hard tasks are never done. Hope to see the pictures as I’m not able to open the photo links.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
I don't know what the heck is with the pics, rural California I guess.
I'm not liking having to clean up my mill, stuff laying about was to be my last grubstake.

Gt....

20200525_055741.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not alot of new stuff going on, hot days exceptionally cool nights.
running that table still, I've worked through about half of my rainy day ore.
That's just about 55 gallon drum of Midlands so far.

Here's some pics keep those minin juices flowing,
Don't forget to wear that mask, think saftey first.
Strange times we are living in, as a prospector I'm thinking we are in for dark days ahead, im not talking about gold here.
Hope I'm wrong but the science guy in me says different, anyways stay safe.

Gt....
View attachment 1845607
Shot of a working finishing area

View attachment 1845608

View attachment 1845609
Couple pics of my Hg bowl

View attachment 1845611
Business end of a rp unit

View attachment 1845613
Almagam sample I've been Workin on, had to add another bb sized drop of clean Hg to the ball
Its now just a pile .

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems this forums kinda gone the way our countrys headin, dont want to leave youall hangin in the middle of a project.

Anyways heres the last from me for awhile. Gotta go collect n polish some rocks, see if i can Peddle some to the tourist, might be a bad year for that.

Wear that mask when around others.
Keep the dirty side down....
Gt...

20200704_202413.jpg
Look into the smelt

20200704_202443.jpg

20200704_202804.jpg
Was born from fire in sunny hot Southern California USA on the 4th of july.
I weigh 4 dwt

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice button Herb. Happy 4th to you and yours. Hopefully this year will improve all around.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Only thing I can say is we seen the Elephant !
Can't say I liked any of it and don't want to see it again !

Anyways..
Got to go back almost a year to catch you all up on the Gold tramp Claudette mill story..

Spent much time up in the mnts behind my place (Bullion's n Sheephole mnt area) looking for traces of my ole buddy Long, still tryin to find that first space rock, mostly just hiking looking at geology n tryin to find gold up here..
Got my grind stones replaced so the arrastra is up n running, was goin along good crushing ore in the jaw and the bearings finally wore down, so got to do that babbit metal work.
I've been procrastinating for I think 2 years. Never done this before so it might prove to be a challenge. It has to be done before we can get to crushing again..
Ore has been coming in slow not much stuff left out there, I might be forced to go under ground prospecting.

Running the table off n on, not in a real hurry these days since 1/2 the mill is broke down, with the price of gold it's a win win just leaving it sitting on the ground in the good ole Bank of Rock, besides it's hot here right now..

Got back from prospectin the other day n my rear end on the truck puked all the gear lube oot on the ground, apparently the ring gear had some play and ground a hole thru the cover, now the whole parking area stinks like crappy ole gear lube and it's 105 degrees use your imagination.

I have to tell youall, us dry land dredgers are experiencing an exceptionally dry season been no moisture at all for better than a year.
Which is good for the drywashins every piece of gold drops oot...
Dirt is dryer than a week old camp box biscuits, you know the last one in the bag and some body didn't close the dadgum thing dry.
It's like that and we ain't expecting any rain..
The desert, something is wrong, with our weather, I will talk more on this subject later, right now it's full metal drywashin out there so, Getter done...

Till next time,
Keep the dirty side down.....
Gt..

View attachment 1931188
New stones installed.
View attachment 1931189
Wine glass test, smooth as butter!
View attachment 1931190
Found this treasure when I was out bleepin.
View attachment 1931191
The goods!
View attachment 1931192
Thought this was a nice pic....

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy Herb...:occasion14:

Good onya for getting it all back up and running again. My
thoughts on mechanical equipment is that, while we need it
to get the gold out, it's also a major PITA to keep it all running.

Looks like the pics didn't load right..give it another try. They've
just changed servers, but the pics loading process hasn't changed.

There's a whole boatload (canoe? Dinghy?) of gold still out there to be
found..we just haven't found it yet. digging_zpsefcf9a69.gif

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Herb. Good to hear you’re still on the hunt.

Yes, this truly is a dry time in California. Here in the the northwest corner of the state we’re quite a bit behind in rainfall for the season year. Our local river appears to be at about August levels.

Keep us posted Herb, always interesting.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread