G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, guys
I'm forever having pic problems.

I tell youall when the cactus are dying from lack of moisture you know things are bad.
Anyways...
Good ole Murphy shows up right when we got the best diggins of a lifetime! not only is my truck down but my dadgum bellows has to be redone before I can get back at it.
Top it off can't find a dang rear end, just put all new rubber on the truck cab n suspension, couple new tires, gave it a lube job n oil change, freekin broke down 2nd trip oot, that's a ferd for ya.
I need find a minin partner share in my misery and the heat,
The guys are off minin the liquid gold (water) they are well drillers now and told me there's just no money in the minin gold!

Gonna try like heck get back running again here in a week or so hold up is that dadgum rear end.

I still like to find somebody shares same mind set on the gold prospectins, like I said share in the missery...
Supposed to top out near 120 degrees today....

Till next time,
Keep the dirty side down...
Gt.....

Some test pics...

View attachment 1931345
Not much left to stick silicone to !
View attachment 1931346
Wore my dadgum skins off the truck and my feet !
Got into some heavy rock...

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
wow,good luck with everything.not sure but i cant look a your pictures.as for drywasher.i first got rid of the 5gal bucket ,then the 3gal.now i only use a shovel .i mainly go the the mojave desert,barstow or randsburg what city are you close to?
take care brad

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
also my drywasher comes apart with just hitch pins.it makes it easier to move,not easy ,but just easier.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Resized_20210225_134558.jpeg
    Resized_20210225_134558.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 425
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One more time
20210615_140053_HDR.jpg

Figures the pic worked on the daily temp shot ..

I think I finally got this pic thing figured oot.

Keep the dirty side down
Gt....

20210305_095111_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
See youall next june seems this forum still has the bad vibes.
Leave you with the dry shot of pulp, 120 yesterday freekin ridiculous.

20210618_055746_HDR.jpg
Ready for the table..
20210618_055811_HDR.jpg
Keep that dirty side down...
Gt....

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't just leave you all hangin, gotta have somebody written gold tales,
See if I can get a good story going tonight....

Keep the dirty side down
Gt...

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn't seem like there is much interest in the minin any more, thinking about packing it in for good.
my new trade is consuming most of my time and being it's rocks n mud I'm Workin with it's as bad or worse than hardrock minin.

I want talk minin, 4 wheel drives getting stuck breakin things, climbing mnts, digging in solid Rock, pulling n Rollin boulders, millin weak ore and showing some gold, or just good ole prospecting...

Here comes the judge, gotta go move another pile of rocks.
you guys keep that dirty side down.
Gt....

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doesn't seem like there is much interest in the minin any more, thinking about packing it in for good.
my new trade is consuming most of my time and being it's rocks n mud I'm Workin with it's as bad or worse than hardrock minin.
I want talk minin, 4 wheel drives getting stuck breakin things, climbing mnts, digging in solid Rock, pulling n Rollin boulders, millin weak ore and showing some gold, or just good ole prospecting...

Here comes the judge, gotta go move another pile of rocks.
you guys keep that dirty side down.Gt....

Herb, lots of folks still mining the yellow metal, and if I were
in your shoes I wouldn't give it up until I was damn good and
ready to. Some folks are always gonna be negative, but then
I've never been one to give much of a rats patootie about what
other people think. :laughing7:

BTW, did you see this thread? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/hard-rock-mining/657712-arrasta.html

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mike
Hope you are staying cool up there.
I never give up the chase I have a mill, long as my stockpile holds out, I'm able, I keep grinding.

Was just talking about quitin the story, I already spend my mining times alone, getting on forum and nobody's there kinda seemed silly, whole reason I got on here is hang out with like minded folks.
I already got a daily minin journal on my computer, just wanted to share and stroke my ego just a bit.

Anyways, Makin cake here, too bloody hot to get more moisture in the air so no finishing of the ore. We just grind let it dry out break into chunks( cake) stock pile in the pudding box, will rehydrate when the weather cools.
Don't like do this because the sulfides I think might tend to recoat the gold again,
Just my thinking the table should wash it off, guess it doesn't really matter I use an amalgamator which regrinds the cons. Gotta keep at it or the wife starts in about the rock piles, should of built a mill house.

Arrastra correct spelling.

It got close to 120 yesterday, ridiculous I don't remember it being as hot this early, can't help but feel bad for the critters, we will loose a lot of plant n animal life here, it's to hot to long, not cooling at night basically no escape.
You can call me a greeny for caring bout this stuff, it's been done before.

Glad I'm an old man and won't be around in 40 years, wonder how hot our days will get by then.
Still haven't got my truck finished it's been to dadgum hot, gotta grab the leaf springs, hoping this week the trucks Rollin again and I can do some prospecting, recent hardrock find up at the quarry need to dig up, gonna try get some prime drywashins in, probably just night minin.
First I gotta bribe me a youngster tote my tools..

Keep the dirty side down.
Gt....
20210710_092721_HDR.jpg
Recent find, this isnt showin gold but has potential too.
Needs further probing just to make sure..

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tryin to stay away from bullcrap but i keep stepin in it every where i go.
Blame my OCD will stay here in my minin camp try just talk minin n weather...

Gotta give you all what's up on the nugg.
Was found drywashing.down a few feet so out of detector range no matter what the price.
Had a good feelin bout a spot i passed many times, was like you need to dig that.

It turned out to be a 4 day dig mostly tossing out rocks, got a few grams for my troubles.was blasting Zappa on the boom box, I think muffin man had just started.
Runnin the last of 3 buckets. Loaded up my hopper.
Been spyin rocks i scrape off my grizzly for 30 years waitin on one of these. Will probably never happen again in my lifetime, watched the sucker slide down and right off, was like wow.

Always check that dadgum tails pile with the detector never know when a biggin shows up. Ive been guilty of this practice leavin unbleeped piles, bad habit for drywashers, good for local detectorist.

It was a dadgum dirty ole spy nugget.
106 grm. 2oz gold,
Anyways the hopper drop was a once in a lifetime event .
The gold she only showed up for a minute.

Did a bunch welding on the ole turtle truck, get me back in the hills till I can afford 2 more tires n leaf springs, got the new rear end on blocks waiting on the leafs, set up the headframe so we just lift truck, cut the old off roll it back put the tires on the new set up roll back under bolter up ..

Went up to the quarry today dug on that rusty olivine stained spot I found, got a nice little pit going, could only manage hour or so on the mnt was little humid today with bit of smoke just bad air day..
I have no AC in the tortoise so its hot ride out and back, even for a seasoned desert rat it's warm so stay out of the hills stay safe...

Desert travel tip,
Only one reliable source of water in the bush and that's as much as you can carry in your vehicle or on yourself..

Keep that dirty side down.
Gt ..
20210714_110551_HDR.jpg
Todays pit

20210306_140655_HDR.jpg
Hopper drop..

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Caring for living things in your local environs in adverse weather conditions doesn't make you a greeny, just a compassionate person. Greenies go out of their way to mess with people who they perceive have wronged nature.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im breakin camp...
My gold pic got highgraded off my journal.
No reason hang out here any more...

20210809_063419_HDR.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im breakin camp...
My gold pic got highgraded off my journal.
No reason hang out here any more...

View attachment 1942329

Yes there is...we're still here!

Don't know what pic went missing, but as you can see they've had
some image issues since they changed servers.

BTW, the pic, above...what the heck is that? :icon_scratch:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tryin to stay away from bullcrap but i keep stepin in it every where i go.
Blame my OCD will stay here in my minin camp try just talk minin n weather...

Gotta give you all what's up on the nugg.
Was found drywashing.down a few feet so out of detector range no matter what the price.
Had a good feelin bout a spot i passed many times, was like you need to dig that.

It turned out to be a 4 day dig mostly tossing out rocks, got a few grams for my troubles.was blasting Zappa on the boom box, I think muffin man had just started.
Runnin the last of 3 buckets. Loaded up my hopper.
Been spyin rocks i scrape off my grizzly for 30 years waitin on one of these. Will probably never happen again in my lifetime, watched the sucker slide down and right off, was like wow.

Always check that dadgum tails pile with the detector never know when a biggin shows up. Ive been guilty of this practice leavin unbleeped piles, bad habit for drywashers, good for local detectorist.

It was a dadgum dirty ole spy nugget.
106 grm. 2oz gold,
Anyways the hopper drop was a once in a lifetime event .
The gold she only showed up for a minute.

Did a bunch welding on the ole turtle truck, get me back in the hills till I can afford 2 more tires n leaf springs, got the new rear end on blocks waiting on the leafs, set up the headframe so we just lift truck, cut the old off roll it back put the tires on the new set up roll back under bolter up ..

Went up to the quarry today dug on that rusty olivine stained spot I found, got a nice little pit going, could only manage hour or so on the mnt was little humid today with bit of smoke just bad air day..
I have no AC in the tortoise so its hot ride out and back, even for a seasoned desert rat it's warm so stay out of the hills stay safe...

Desert travel tip,
Only one reliable source of water in the bush and that's as much as you can carry in your vehicle or on yourself..

Keep that dirty side down.
Gt ..
View attachment 1937194
Todays pit

View attachment 1937195
Hopper drop..

Now that's a beauty anywhere it drops! Very Nice find :)

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes there is...we're still here!

Don't know what pic went missing, but as you can see they've had
some image issues since they changed servers.

BTW, the pic, above...what the heck is that? :icon_scratch:
It's the rear end of a jackass, dizzy ..
Maybe I bring back my journal I'm about over the whole deleting my political comments that got my nugget pic high graded..
Although it feels just like I got high graded at my mine, the moderators could of left the nugget and took the comments.
Guess it's just a sign of the times we are in....
Gt....

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im gonna start back up the Claudette mill story. its the same thing still, the daily grind of millin fine desert gold..
Since theres not much else goin on in the gold prospecting forum i might as well continue my gold tale...
Heres a shot of my last big nugget, only pic i saved of it. This will give specimen guys something to talk about.
Its 2 oz crushed going to the refiner, i know what you say should of saved it, but i dont collect the trophy gold, so it goes to grubstake my next adventure in mining..
Please Assembler cat keep your comments out of my journal...

20220201_100438_HDR.jpg

Today we're tabling the midlins buckets from the last week or so of washin pulp, I'm having a shortage of buckets so it's time to free up the ones full of middle tails so we can start grinding ore again. It's always a bucket issue here, seem to never be able to keep enough around they don't last long in the desert, plastic doesn't fair well ..

Still haven't got the crusher appart and new wear plates made been busy getting things ready for summer heat here at the Claudette mill.

Anyways I get a few table pics goin soon, will try give an update every few days, it warm now so I got lots of time inside the old blood pump doesn't care for being out in the heat anymore...
Hope you enjoy the show.
Keep the dirty side down..
Gt.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Spent day yesterday tabling Middle tails, it more of a pain as i only get a gram or less per 5 gallon bucket of material, im in it for the gold, at the end of the run i want to smelt as big bead as i can. More gold weight more $$.
More $$ more grubstake to look for the yeller metal.
Gold fever gets in the blood a person will go thru hell n back to find it. I got it bad...

Anyways heres a couple pics from yesterdays run..
20220403_113850_HDR.jpg

Super fine from midlins...

20220403_114032.jpg

Some floating gold
20220403_094533_HDR.jpg

Loading the table midlin tales
20220403_094545_HDR.jpg

20220403_095815~2.jpg

Fully loaded table....

Fully loaded uses about 2/3 of the tables surface not overloading it.
If one runs to fast to much material you loose your values...
Give you an idea of what we do here its a small op with rp shaker table but its perfect pairing for my arrastra mill..
All hand fed and kinda slow but we are dealing with some fine desert gold so slow is best.
I dont want to loose values at end of the day we need all we can get into our final smelt..
Got another load started grindin in the arrastra, get ahead of things and be ready soon as i get buckets freed up..
Been runnin a couple weeks so pond is gettin a little full of slime, before i start washin ore again i have to do a pump out and remove all the slime.
Anyways were back at it , geter done
Keep the dirty side down
Gt....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread