Underground Placer Mine

ExploringCA

Jun 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all - I recently started documenting some of my mining related explorations. There are many people who already do this but when I encounter a mine that I haven't seen footage of or know hasn't been accessed before I am going to be taking footage. (Mostly so I can look back on it myself.)

First one up is an underground placer mine in Placer County, CA. -->
:find:

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good :) Now it's time to make plans to work that material. Is this tunnel on your claim? Or is it an old patent? It looks way to good to not be claimed. I have a bunch of placer county pictures in my file here and we also have a ton of history photos and stories on our facebook pages - the "Placer County History" page, and the "N C Mining History" pages among others.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fascinating...kudos to you for taking the chance exploring this cave. There are parts that look very unstable...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, did you make any test pans of that gravel material?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That frog might be a good omen, saying there's a nugget the size of me not far from were I sit. I think I'd try out a MD all along that area of the rib where the alluvial deposits lies on that bedrock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread