OP
OP
OwenT

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterday was my first visit to the American River. I made the pilgrimage to Sutter?s Mill first. While I was there I noticed there was a small excavation going on so I snuck a quick pan but it didn?t turn up anything.

Then I went to Yankee Jim bridge and made a half hearted attempt at sniping with a borrowed snorkel and goggles. I wasn?t successful but at least I found some color in a loose, clay filled crack on the side of the river a little ways downstream. The water was so nice, I mostly just enjoyed swimming.

I bet later this year will be a great opportunity for sniping and crevicing with warm and low water based on how things already look. Maybe I?ll have to make a trip back to CA.

I came home and fed the fever by watching a video of Two Toes doing some sniping where he just casually pops out a few nuggets. Maybe I?ll be as ?lucky? as him one day.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1623021134.728635.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1623021144.598207.jpg

For some reason all of my apostrophes appear as question marks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OwenT

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No new prospecting, unfortunately. I hope to go for an outing if the rain quits in western Washington but it seems unlikely. For now, I'm keeping the fever healthy with YouTube. Among other fabulous documentaries by Al Sur del Mundo, I watched one called Hombres del Oro which follows a few pirquineros in Inca del Oro, Chile in 1998. They showed this picture of some gold specimens that supposedly came from the Mina Rodesia. This is the kind of specimen that really excites me. I wonder if it's in some museum where I could go see it. Merry Christmas!
Rodesia Mine - Los Hombres Del Oro_Al Sur del Mundo.jpg

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No new prospecting, unfortunately. I hope to go for an outing if the rain quits in western Washington but it seems unlikely. For now, I'm keeping the fever healthy with YouTube. Among other fabulous documentaries by Al Sur del Mundo, I watched one called Hombres del Oro which follows a few pirquineros in Inca del Oro, Chile in 1998. They showed this picture of some gold specimens that supposedly came from the Mina Rodesia. This is the kind of specimen that really excites me. I wonder if it's in some museum where I could go see it. Merry Christmas!
View attachment 1998454
One time i found 2 ounces of that ribbon gold drywashing never could find where it came from, it was just a small pocket no quarzt attached to any of the nuggets there where 27 nuggs for 1 ounce the rest was fines was the prettiest gold I ever found..
Gt ...

OP
OP
OwenT

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One time i found 2 ounces of that ribbon gold drywashing never could find where it came from, it was just a small pocket no quarzt attached to any of the nuggets there where 27 nuggs for 1 ounce the rest was fines was the prettiest gold I ever found..
Gt ...
Wow, that would drive me crazy looking for the source. Would that be in AZ? I'd love to see any pictures you have to share.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that would drive me crazy looking for the source. Would that be in AZ? I'd love to see any pictures you have to share.
Calif, found back when I didn't have a camera so all I have is the memories, was really nice stuff looked like stuff in you pics, I did give a small piece to a member on here it was in shape of a j his first name initial.....
Gt ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions