What are the odds on this?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a member of a bittorrent site where I can download thousands of movies, books, computer aps, music, etc.
My nephew and his family are down visiting for his sister's wedding and they came by yesterday. We were talking about some movies to download and he mentioned that one called Night at the Museum 2 was coming out soon and he'd like to see it because the first movie was hilarious. I told him that I'm no big fan of Ben Stiller, but I'd check my site later. In the meantime, I found the first one, Night at the Museum on the site and downloaded it to give him when they come back by in a couple of days.
Well, in today's newspaper I was checking the TV listings for tonight's programing, and DAMN........there was Night at the Museum scheduled on one of the cable channels. Now,folks. That movie had never played before this, on TV. This is the first time it's come on.

Now. Would you call this a Hell of a coincidence (figure the odds on that) or a "paranormal" happening? While I firmly believe it's a long-odds happening.....kinda......, sorta......., maybe......., aaaaah, who knows? This is my nephew and his wife, who were told by the Ouija Board where that Peterson guy in Illinois hid his wife's body. It's been several months (maybe a year) since that happened and they can't remember the name of the lake or the county that it's in. Just as I statted to type about the Peterson thin, my computer is screwing up an dropping the typed line below it's proper place. Maybe someone is trying to get my attention. I'll see if I can understand what they want me to know. Need to stop here. Oh, they do remember that the lake is in the southern half of Illinois.

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
I don't see this as being paranormal or that odd at all. It is very common for the networks to show older versions of shows whose sequels are out in the theatres. It helps the new movies do better and it gets the networks more advertising dollars as they ride the hype around the movie.

OP
OP
Shortstack

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jb7487,

Yep, you're right about that. I just saw the preview of #2 for the first time last night, too, so your explanation sure fits. :coffee2:
Now, as for that Peterson thing.....I might try map dowsing for the answer. I don't want my nephew fooling around with the Ouija board again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread