niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow madmachinist, I would not ignore that!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is life after death, do you really think a "concious" spirit would have any interest at all in guarding an earthly treasure? I highly doubt it.

S

stefen

My compliments in tactfully stating that this is bull pucky:coffee2:

K

Kentucky Kache

normal non treasure hunting folks folks upon finding "dead folks" would stop digging -- creeped out !!! so in a way those "dead folks" could act as treasure guards -- if the treasures buried under them say 6 feet --since most folks would just stop digging (not knowing of the treasure laying under them ) , and rebury them in place . :wink: leaving the treasure under the bodies unfound .

often a small treasure chest was placed 5 or 6 feet shallower than the main treasure chest -- if a treasure hunter hit the small chest they would think the found the only treasure chest and leave with only a small bit of the treasure -- leaving the mother lode below it untouched -- old money hiders trick

Does the Bible say WHEN the spirit goes back to God? How do you explain other passages in the Bible where spirits were seen? As far as "guarding" treasure, I don't know, but spirits do exist and are, at times, permitted to be seen by humans.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Does the Bible say WHEN the spirit goes back to God? How do you explain other passages in the Bible where spirits were seen? As far as "guarding" treasure, I don't know, but spirits do exist and are, at times, permitted to be seen by humans.

KK, here is some food for thought: regarding the "ghosts" or "spirits" that people see.....how do we know that they are actually the soul of a person? I think it is entirely possible that the soul may move on, but the "consciousness" or "mind" may linger under the right circumstances.

K

Kentucky Kache

KK, here is some food for thought: regarding the "ghosts" or "spirits" that people see.....how do we know that they are actually the soul of a person? I think it is entirely possible that the soul may move on, but the "consciousness" or "mind" may linger under the right circumstances.

If their consciousness is present, isn't that their spirit? How can they be conscious if their life (spirit) isn't there?

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with Ivan about the Indian burial mounds, I work construction and about 15 years ago we built a school in Abbeville,S.C.
The whole school was built over a burial ground, Right after the ground was cleared off, Indian relics were found by the 5 gallon bucket fulls.
One Day While I was there the gym which had been framed with 18ga. metal studes, Is the place a bunch of us had taken our lunch break.
The Sky was cloudless, about 8o degrees when out of nowhere a dust devil (mini tornado) came up outta nowhere went down the far side of the
gym and tore everyone of the studs outta that wall, there were other things that happened, but that was the only time that i saw. DON'T mess wid de INjuns

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe spirits can guard treasure then they can certainly be there.
If you don't believe spirits can guard treasure then they can't be there.

The mind is a very empowering and powerful thing.

K

Kentucky Kache

I don't believe you said that. But on 2ND glance I see you really did say it. So much for that theory. :tongue3:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
If their consciousness is present, isn't that their spirit? How can they be conscious if their life (spirit) isn't there?

Well, we don't know for sure if consciousness is the same as spirit. Perhaps it is, I don't know. All we have are theories and conjecture at this point. In all my years of investigating the paranormal, I have only came across a very few cases where the "spirit/ghost" demonstrated an intelligence and a desire to interact with people. Most cases (where we found actual phenomena occurring) seemed to be residual in nature, just like a replay of a movie.

Now, here is where it gets tricky....and I think that a lot of paranormal researchers/investigators are missing the boat on this: If the spirit/ghost is an intelligent haunting, then isn't it possible that it has carried over certain traits/ attributes from when it was alive? What I am referring to is FREE WILL. Perhaps there are a lot of ghosts around all the time, but they choose not to be noticed. Once again, it's just a theory.

But back to the topic about treasure: I researched a local story for years about gold hidden in a cave by the Cherokee. Years ago some Native Americans came hunting a cave, describing landmarks to my great-grandfather. They never found it, but years later a relative was walking down a steep hillside in the woods. He was making his way down when he stepped on a large flat rock that slid down the hillside, uncovering a small cave. He slid inside and looked around, and was stunned to see the assortment of arrowheads, axes, tools, etc that had been placed in the cave. No gold though....

A few years ago my grandfather took me to the cave, as it is on his property. The cave isn't big, you sit down to slide into it, but once in you can stand up if you aren't too tall. It's about 3-4 feet wide with rock shelves on each wall where the artifacts were placed. It goes back maybe 20-25 feet then stops.

A few days after being shown the cave, I was thinking about it and suddenly had an exciting thought....the back wall of the cave was dirt, not rock! What if the gold in the story had been hidden deeper in the cave, then the passage filled to appear as if it was a dead end? A trusted friend and I went back to the cave with a shovel, but there wasn't enough elbow room to use it effectively, so I went back home and got a pick. Going back to the cave, we realized that digging was going to be very slow indeed, as there was just enough room to swing the pick maybe a foot per swing....but I was determined to see if this was the cave in the story. After digging for several minutes and at last making some room to swing a little harder, I swung the pick and buried the point in the wall. At that moment there was a rumble like thunder. My friend went out to see if it was looking rainy, as we had a hike back to the car. Coming back in, he said there were no clouds and the sun was shining. Shrugging my shoulders, I swung the pick....and as it hit the rumble got louder, almost deafening. By this time, I was spooked, and turned to see if my friend was feeling the same. He was already out of the cave and running down the hill (some friend).

I've never been back to the cave. It's on family property, so I'll get back there some day. Looking back, perhaps the rumble wasn't due to a Native American curse. It may have been echoes of my digging.....on the other side of the sealed tunnel.

Then again.....

K

Kentucky Kache

Well, we don't know for sure if consciousness is the same as spirit. Perhaps it is, I don't know. All we have are theories and conjecture at this point. In all my years of investigating the paranormal, I have only came across a very few cases where the "spirit/ghost" demonstrated an intelligence and a desire to interact with people. Most cases (where we found actual phenomena occurring) seemed to be residual in nature, just like a replay of a movie.

Now, here is where it gets tricky....and I think that a lot of paranormal researchers/investigators are missing the boat on this: If the spirit/ghost is an intelligent haunting, then isn't it possible that it has carried over certain traits/ attributes from when it was alive? What I am referring to is FREE WILL. Perhaps there are a lot of ghosts around all the time, but they choose not to be noticed. Once again, it's just a theory.

But back to the topic about treasure: I researched a local story for years about gold hidden in a cave by the Cherokee. Years ago some Native Americans came hunting a cave, describing landmarks to my great-grandfather. They never found it, but years later a relative was walking down a steep hillside in the woods. He was making his way down when he stepped on a large flat rock that slid down the hillside, uncovering a small cave. He slid inside and looked around, and was stunned to see the assortment of arrowheads, axes, tools, etc that had been placed in the cave. No gold though....

A few years ago my grandfather took me to the cave, as it is on his property. The cave isn't big, you sit down to slide into it, but once in you can stand up if you aren't too tall. It's about 3-4 feet wide with rock shelves on each wall where the artifacts were placed. It goes back maybe 20-25 feet then stops.

A few days after being shown the cave, I was thinking about it and suddenly had an exciting thought....the back wall of the cave was dirt, not rock! What if the gold in the story had been hidden deeper in the cave, then the passage filled to appear as if it was a dead end? A trusted friend and I went back to the cave with a shovel, but there wasn't enough elbow room to use it effectively, so I went back home and got a pick. Going back to the cave, we realized that digging was going to be very slow indeed, as there was just enough room to swing the pick maybe a foot per swing....but I was determined to see if this was the cave in the story. After digging for several minutes and at last making some room to swing a little harder, I swung the pick and buried the point in the wall. At that moment there was a rumble like thunder. My friend went out to see if it was looking rainy, as we had a hike back to the car. Coming back in, he said there were no clouds and the sun was shining. Shrugging my shoulders, I swung the pick....and as it hit the rumble got louder, almost deafening. By this time, I was spooked, and turned to see if my friend was feeling the same. He was already out of the cave and running down the hill (some friend).

I've never been back to the cave. It's on family property, so I'll get back there some day. Looking back, perhaps the rumble wasn't due to a Native American curse. It may have been echoes of my digging.....on the other side of the sealed tunnel.

Then again.....

Eddie, get through that cave wall. I'm dying to know what's there. :laughing9:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Yah, Eddie, maybe the sound was because there was a hollow chamber beyond. Wouldn't it echo? Anyway, fascinating story. If/when you go back, make sure you are with someone. Must be a really spectacular property. Maybe you should get a little rock hammer and screw driver to carefully chisel.

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
It wouldn't hurt for you to show and leave a sign of respect for the ancestors.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMILE) L.B. Taylor, author of MANY books on ghosts in Virginia, wrote that MAYBE... the ghost of Thomas J. Beale guards the Beale Treasure; why it HASN'T been found yet. I doubt it though, as a "local"... NEVER heard of any haunting by TJB. Sounds like a "mind-block" or something... DUNNO. (WINK)

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other

Here in the Southwest there are plenty of stories of interaction between the Indios and the Spaniards. I suggest that one may notice that the bad majick that the Indios tried to inflict on the Spaniards rarely worked, and the bad majick that the Spaniards tried to inflict on unChristianized Indios also rarely worked.

Unfortunately, in this conflict there wasn't much good majick to be inflicted either way. The "Virgin of Guadalupe" (Juan Diego vs. Bishop Zumarraga) story can be read as the exception: good majick mediated by goddesses of the two respective religions knocking men's brains into alignment.

--Dave J.

Birto

Jul 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I happen to be a Hermetic magician who has conjured a treasure spirit before... Birto. He's a spirit that King Edward the 4th is said to have seen a court magician conjure to physical appearance. Back in their day treasure hunting was so popular that England sold treasure hunting permits. Typically you got a group of a clergy man, magician, perhaps dowser. It was good times. So in short, I do believe there are spirits that guard some treasures, and more to the point, there are spirits that can reveal to the conjurer where treasure is.

All the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread