Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Feb 2010
    Eastland Texas
    Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
    123 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Do you have psychic powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tykit
    Excitement. Anticipation. We call it beginners luck. Getting a new detector wil do it too.
    Also ya know having a positive attitude or confidence in what your doing seems to help.... either way its all about perception you can make it good or bad its up to you!

Chukers
    My Personal Metal Detecting Blog www.facebook.com/coinshooting

If you haven't tried Groupon you need to... Saves you money! http://www.groupon.com/r/uu23569530

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    530 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner61
    Speaking of that.
    My first cast I i found two weeks ago, In a field thats probably an acre or more, Before i started
    looking I checked out the site, I walked to within ten paces of that Button! I have had this happen
    more than once over the years to me..... I wonder all the time how, but then I think about it and
    just give thanks that it happens.
    For years, my problem has been that I arrive at a site, take out my md and put the coil on the
    ground. I put on my ear phones and turn the md on, and just about blow out my eardrums.
    While in San Bernardino, I arrived at a newly leveled old homesite, went through my preparations,
    and turned my md on, then immediately janked it up off of the dirt. I dug down about an inch and
    found an 1892 half. That was 25 years ago, and since then, it happens quite often. Of course,
    nothing as spectacular as that first (remembered) experience. But, it still happens well beyond the
    "Law of Averages". Unfortunately, now it happens mostly with clad dimes and pennies.

I've begun wondering; Do we dowse these coins, then use the md to pinpoint them??

Eagle

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    1426 times

every time I have a feeling that I'm going to a place that should be dripping with silver, I'm lucky to find any clad

us
    I dig zinc....

Oct 2010
    Tyler, TX
    Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.) CTX-3030 10-04-13
    29 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by jewelerguy
    every time I have a feeling that I'm going to a place that should be dripping with silver, I'm lucky to find any clad

You must be digging in the same places I am!!
    Roland

All electrical devices are powered by smoke......when the smoke escapes, they no longer work.

us
    Jan 2007
    Northen New Mexico
    don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
    57 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by Roland58
    It is a great Merc, chukers. Lots of nice detail left in that one! I see you got her cleaned up real nice too. What I would like to know is when is it okay to clean and shine something and when does doing so ruin the value? Don't dimes get 'patinas' like anything else.....just a different color? Heck, I've got some red ones!
    Are there general rules or a set of laws as to what should be cleaned and how? I have some Mercs that I hit on my buffer that look terrific.....shine like they have a fresh coat of Mercury rubbed onto them! I think it brings out the detail. I'm sure some will say that I have ruined them, but, they are probably only worth melt value anyway.
    I don't plan on selling any of my finds, so what if I clean them and someone thinks it makes worth less, there not for sale any way
    I took the road less traveled------------------- and now I'm lost
    The secret to a long life ....................... make sure the sailor at the helm can't swim

us
    Jan 2012
    Snellville, Georgia
    G2
    1 times
    Metal Detecting

You just never know !!!!
    HH,
    Ken in Georgia

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    3081 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)

last water hunt down in Fla. told my friend he was going to find a nice diamond - told him I had dream that night - hour into hunt - he found ring with 5 nice diamonds

went field hunting with another friend - he had been in a slump - we had never gotten a Bust coin from spot
    I told him I had a feeling he would get a Bust coin that day - It was a hammered field - I managed 2 CT coppers down deep - He wanted to leave - I left my back pack in the middle of the field and yelled to him to pick it up as he headed back - half way to my pack he got a Bust 1/2 dime - he thought he had a 1/2 reale - but was shocked when he saw it was a Bust
    if I had not left it where I did - he never would have gotten it

have had a few other quirky things like that happen over the yrs
    "Casper" - coincidence -check it out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_(name) -
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Feb 2010
    Eastland Texas
    Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
    123 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2
    last water hunt down in Fla. told my friend he was going to find a nice diamond - told him I had dream that night - hour into hunt - he found ring with 5 nice diamonds

went field hunting with another friend - he had been in a slump - we had never gotten a Bust coin from spot
    I told him I had a feeling he would get a Bust coin that day - It was a hammered field - I managed 2 CT coppers down deep - He wanted to leave - I left my back pack in the middle of the field and yelled to him to pick it up as he headed back - half way to my pack he got a Bust 1/2 dime - he thought he had a 1/2 reale - but was shocked when he saw it was a Bust
    if I had not left it where I did - he never would have gotten it

have had a few other quirky things like that happen over the yrs

This is the kind of things I was talking about... it happens more than we realize!
    My Personal Metal Detecting Blog www.facebook.com/coinshooting

If you haven't tried Groupon you need to... Saves you money! http://www.groupon.com/r/uu23569530

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links