Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Edgar Cayce (pronounced kay-see) history is one of a kind. This link
Edgar Cayce - Crystalinks is really good. A concise precis of his remarkable life. I've looked at books and websites about Cayce but they never seem to capture this man's spirit as this link does.
BB

Edgar Cayce

cayceface.jpg

The Sleeping Prophet

Edgar Cayce (March 18, 1877 - January 3, 1945) was an American who claimed to be a psychic with the ability to channel answers to questions on various topics while in a self-induced trance. Though Cayce considered himself a devout Christian who lived before the emergence of the New Age Movement, his work and timeline lead many to believe he was its founder and influenced its teachings.

Edgar Cayce coined the term Earth Changes, a reference to a series of cataclysm events which he prophesied would take place - including the Earth shifting on its axis, and most of California dropping into the Pacific Ocean following a catastrophic earthquake.

Some of Cayce readings allude to massive Earth changes - perhaps in conjunction with a pole shift - in the 1930s, 1960s, or 1990s. Cayce followers have developed several creative ways of interpreting such passages, although some were disappointed with the failure of 1998 to bring either the rising of Atlantis, the sinking of California, or the Second Coming of Christ. Other predictions were about dramatic changes in the Earth's surface in the period from 1958 to 1998 due to a tilting in the Earth's rotational axis which would begin in 1936.

The first sign of this change in the Earth's core would be the "breaking up of some conditions" in the South Pacific and "sinking or rising" in the Mediterranean or Etna area. Cayce forecast that, by the end of the century, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco would be destroyed. He said that "the greater portion of Japan must go into the sea" at this time, and that northern Europe would be "changed as in the twinkling of an eye."

In 1941, Cayce predicted that lands would appear in the Atlantic and the Pacific in the coming years, and that the coastline now of many a land will be the bed of the ocean. Even many of the battlefields of 1941 will be ocean, will be the sea, the bays, the lands over which the new order will carry on their trade as with one another.

He warned: Watch New York, Connecticut and the like. Many portions of the east coast will be disturbed, as well as many portions of the west coast, as well as the central portion of the United States. Los Angeles, San Francisco, most of all these will be among those that will be destroyed before New York, or New York City itself, will in the main disappear. This will be another generation though, here; while the southern portions of Carolina, Georgia, these will disappear. This will be much sooner. The waters of the Great Lakes will empty into the Gulf of Mexico.

There will be the upheavals in the Arctic and in the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanoes in the torrid areas, and there will be the shifting of the poles. The Earth's axis would shift by 2001.

Strifes will arise through the period. Watch for them near the Davis Strait between Greenland and Canada in the attempts there for the keeping of the life line to land open. Watch for them in Libya and in Egypt, in Ankara and in Syria, through the straits about those areas above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf.

By this time, he indicated, a New Cycle would begin.

The Readings Edgar Cayce gave over 14,000 "readings" during a period of 43 years (1901 to 1944). These are trance discourses which Cayce revealed while in a hypnotic or "sleeping" state. While "awake" he claimed generally not to remember what he had said while "asleep". The readings themselves explain that the unconscious mind has access to information which the conscious mind does not -- a common theory about hypnosis in Cayce's time. Most records come from the period after 1925, when his secretary Gladys Davis recorded the readings, and his
wife Gertrude Evans Cayce "conducted" (guided) the readings.

The readings are customarily divided into the following categories:

• Physical Readings:
    9,603 extant readings.
    Otherwise known as "health readings" in which (typically) a patient would be diagnosed and a cure prescribed. For some reason Cayce needed to be told the patient's physical location, though this might easily be in another city or state (in the case of patients inquiring by letter). Cayce lore describes various incidental examples of clairvoyance in the course of Cayce's psychically "searching" for the patient.
    Life Readings:
    1,920 extant readings
    In a life reading, Cayce describes the client's present physical, emotional and mental condition in terms of past life experience. Most inquirers were assigned past lives from about twelve main "periods" including Atlantis, ancient Egypt at the time of "Ra Ta", ancient Persia, Palestine at the time of Christ, and colonial America. A number of people were told of famous past lives. Cayce's son Hugh Lynn, for example, was told that he was the apostle Andrew.

Business Readings:

747 extant readings.Cayce occasionally gave business readings including advice on business partners, the stock market, business models, etc.

Dream Readings: 630 extant readings.

Edgar Cayce encouraged everyone to interpret and use his or her own dreams in day-to-day life. A dream reading involved Cayce interpreting the dreams of clients. As he did with readings on many subjects, Cayce would often interrupt the person reading the dream and give an interpretation before the dream had been completely read. He would sometimes fill in parts of dreams that the dreamer had supposedly forgotten. Unlike Jungian or Freudian dream interpretation, Cayce did not emphasize highly the importance of symbols. He said that every individual has his or her own unique symbols. Cayce claimed that in dreams people could receive valuable insight into their own lives and that the insight was always of use to the dreamer. Besides regular daily insight into one's life, he claimed people could communicate with loved ones dead or alive, remember past life experiences, see a possible future and experience many other psychic phenomena. He stated that these paranormal abilities were something anyone could learn.

Other Readings: 954 extant readings

Other Readings are miscellaneous subject matter that does not fit into an above category. The subject matter included missing persons, buried treasure, readings given to a spiritual development group, psychic abilities, auras, prophecy, structure of reality, geology and many other topics.

Cayce readings are usually referenced using a numeric tag in which the first number is a code representing the recipient (most of their identities remain secret), while the second counts which reading it is, in the case of a person who receives more than one. 5749-14 for example is the fourteenth reading given for person # 5749 (whose assigned number is essentially arbitrary).
Edgar Cayce - Crystalinks

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Edgar Cayce was a false prophet.

No he was a good man.
Ten years earlier, Cayce had written a brief account of his work:

• The life of a person endowed with such powers is not easy. For more than forty years now I have been giving readings to those who came seeking help. Thirty-five years ago the jeers, scorn and laughter were even louder than today. I have faced the laughter of ignorant crowds, the withering scorn of tabloid headlines, and the cold smirk of self-satisfied intellectuals. But I have also known the wordless happiness of little children who have been helped, the gratitude of fathers and mothers and friends... I believe that the attitude of the scientific world is gradually changing towards these subjects.

And it continues to this day. As with anything good in this world, there are critics that somehow feel threatened. Because it isn't confirming of their own personal beliefs or identity.

This year, 2012, is meant to be a moment of awakening. Of inspiration and revelation that we are much more than we believed. We all have a connection to the Light. Our job is to discover the connection ourselves. That is the key. No One can do it for us.

I have said, Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High;

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edgar Caycewasn't a medium either...

He was an Extra Large :tongue3:

I guess you also have read works by Charles Fort.. If you haven't pick up some.. Interesting reading

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the link. No, I've never heard of Charles Fort that I can recall. I am reading a bit about him now from
Charles Fort Institute - The Writings of Charles Fort

Interesting guy.
BB

In 1915 Fort began two manuscripts. One was called 'X' and explored the idea that life on earth had been controlled by events or beings from Mars; the other, called 'Y' , presented evidence indicating that a sinister civilisation existed at the South Pole. Neither manuscript has been found. Fort sent a copy of 'X' to Dreiser with the comment: "You have at least one thing to be thankful for - I might have begun with 'A'." Dreiser, in an unpublished memoir of Fort, recalled: "It was so strange, so forceful, so beautiful that [..] it was certainly one of the greatest books I have ever read in my life."
Besides his journalism, Fort wrote 10 novels, only one of which - The Outcast Manufacturers (1906) - was ever published. [unfinished]
Fed up with the patent lack of interest in his books, Fort burnt the manuscripts of X and Y and started work on what became Book of the Damned , which Dreiser bullied his own publisher to put out in 1919.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Speaking in Bill Clinton voice... "Define FALSE Prophet..."; trying to bring RELIGION in here? :laughing7: :tongue3: 8-)

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

Speaking in Bill Clinton voice... "Define FALSE Prophet..."; trying to bring RELIGION in here? :laughing7: :tongue3: 8-)

Since my post is about a month and a half old, and since you ask me to define false prophet, I'd say you're the one trying to bring something in.

I did define false prophet. EDGAR CAYCE.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOPE... That's a PERSON; I have a problem with the word, PROPHET, too... HOWEVER! What he channeled while sleeping DID help me, personally (and I know others). I think it is unfortunate that he was called the "sleeping PROPHET"; shoulda have been something like "sleeping channelor" or something... DUNNO. Btw, YOUR "post" # 2 is dated July 02. 2012.
AND! Yer Act 13:41 "thingie" is VERY "telling'".

K

Kentucky Kache

NOPE... That's a PERSON; I have a problem with the word, PROPHET, too... HOWEVER! What he channeled while sleeping DID help me, personally (and I know others). I think it is unfortunate that he was called the "sleeping PROPHET"; shoulda have been something like "sleeping channelor" or something... DUNNO. Btw, YOUR "post" # 2 is dated July 02. 2012.
AND! Yer Act 13:41 "thingie" is VERY "telling'".

You just have a problem, bottom line. And it's a problem I can't help you with.

Did you not see the OP? Look at the content of the op and it just might help you understand the following posts. It's pretty simple.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
PROBLEM? Are YOU an "e-doc" or something? Qualifications? YOU licensed, certified, etc? OP? Opening Piece? YOUR opinion; SIMPLE? LOL! By WHAT "standards"?

K

Kentucky Kache

PROBLEM? Are YOU an "e-doc" or something? Qualifications? YOU licensed, certified, etc? OP? Opening Piece? YOUR opinion; SIMPLE? LOL! By WHAT "standards"?

Thanks for proving my point. Please seek help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread