What Would You Create If You Had What You Need?

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. That is a tough question as I've never thought about it. Like most people just getting by was job one. Maybe save for a family vacation, even if those are almost impossible to do now, it is hard to imagine beyond that. Retirement just happened for us like a lot of you guys. The guys who promote working until age 70 never had to look for a good job after age 50. Good job. Same or more pay. Not a Greeter in a big box store. Funny thing is: most of those bozos' believe it won't happen to them. That they are way too important, too necessary to get ****-canned when they get too expensive to maintain. Know any of those guys?

You have all heard about the money due every living person on earth. More money than we thought existed. So if none of us had to work for a paycheck, and had more money than we could spend, what would that mean?

People make stuff. If they didn't need to work how would stuff get made? Right now that is what I am trying to get a handle on. Sure computers and robots can do a lot. But could they build a Swiss watch. Grow food, and take care of people. It changes everything.

Would we need lawyers? How about tax accountants. Bankers? Lots of jobs that will no longer be needed. And they would need to do something other than watch movies.

My initial thoughts are we all need to become mentors. To understand why we went wrong, what we did right and why our future generations need to know where they came from. As I understand it, we have all had lives before. Maybe many. But through design cannot recall those lives or benefit from our own experiences. But every lives memories will be ours again. (Wonder if that means you'all will know every details of my past lives? Geez I'd like to keep my current life private!)

Our prosperity inheritance will happen and possibly soon. But we will all be in the same boat. Too much money. Don't need to work but how about learning new skills? Learn how to make stuff. That's what made America great. Or build the farm you've always loved. Learn carpentry or timber framing skills. Why now? You will have all the time it takes and when you're tired do some fishing. On the lake next to your house. With the perfect, hand made fishing rod you made.

Build a big barn. Have a dance and invite all the neighbors. Enjoy the fruits of your own vineyard. Your own micro brewery maybe. Anyone who is able can take the ATVs, motorbikes or go-carts on the special tracks you've made. Starting to sound good huh?

In reality though, feeding the world will be the first job. After the diseases are eliminated and clean water and free energy is everywhere. We can use our own skills over there. Help them build their countries. Infrastructure.. Not exactly sure what's involved there, but our skills would be important. I like that idea. I'll build my house after I've built some others.

No reason for any person or country to skimp on materials or labor. We have our lifetimes to devote and can do a lot in a hurry.

And education. Not for a job necessarily, although new countries will need administrators, scientists, etc. Maybe we could get more education to learn their languages and become Mentors. We've all know how to do a better job that our former bosses so now's our chance. Let's do it the right way.

For us right now, are the Pioneers. What we sow will be around past our lifetimes. Our forefathers were Pioneers and we know that it was usually a hard life. Without them we wouldn't be here. Now the question becomes... will we really have time for fishing?
BB

http://What Would You Create If You Had What You Need?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Fishing...? Give MAN Fish, he/she eats for LUNCH TIME. TEACH MAN to fish, gut/clean & cook... he/she eats for LIFE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions