Ever seen or had an encounter with a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch? - Page 10
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: Ever had an encounter with a Bigfoot?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 15.15%
  • Maybe

13 19.70%
  • No

43 65.15%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Ever seen or had an encounter with a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    9679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkCat View Post
    Why do the television shows Mountain Monsters and Finding Bigfoot not spend more than a couple of days on an investigation? The A.I.M.S. team and the BFRO researchers have all the right equipment and hopefully the time to spend a few weeks in a location. Most encounters in the woods seem to happen when people are out camping, hunting, or hiking, so why don't the producers have the teams set up camps in areas that look promising. It seems like going into the woods knocking on trees and howling is not the way to draw them in but more likely a way to scare them off. If the producers of these shows truly wanted to prove bigfoot exist, I think they need to spend the time in the woods with night vision and thermal camera's, and allow bigfoot to come to them. Wildlife researchers spent months and years in the field, clearly to find an elusive creature would require the same.
    AMEN brother! I can't see a single word to disagree with, good post.

It is most aggravating that we have these several television series, supposedly focused on finding proof of Bigfoot, and yet they can not come up with anything. Part of their problem is in the TV format - they must film an entire episode in a short time (a week or so) and this means they must find that evidence in a very short time, almost 'on command'. It is not possible and not just with Bigfoot but any kind of wild animal. Just grab your camera and go get film footage of a mountain lion in seven days, in the wild. It won't work!

Also agree 100% about their habit of screaming, pounding on trees etc. Any turkey hunter can tell you that if you call TOO much too often, it only drives away the animals you are trying to call in because they know it is wrong. The wood knocking is another example of TV hype. It is a RARELY reported activity by Bigfoot from eyewitnesses, and now we have people whacking trees late at night all over the continent. A Bigfoot that may have used that method of communication would be alerted that it is all wrong by how much our TV experts keep doing it.

I wish that our TV experts would try NOT making so damned much noise as they do, constantly talking, yapping, yelling, roaring around in the woods on ATVs etc. Anyone could easily avoid them, with all the noise and commotion they make. Unfortunately they are "reality TV" with an emphasis on entertainment and not on getting factual evidence. I still end up watching them in their comic attempts, sometimes it is tempting to try getting some photos on my own.

Just my own personal theory but I strongly suspect that Bigfoot is not a wild animal but a wild type of humans, perhaps descendants of Meganthropus or Gigantanthropus. As was recently discovered with the 'Hobbit' people, humans come in different sizes and species, and from the sightings reports it appears that Bigfoot is certainly intelligent enough to avoid humans most of the time. Not all the time however, and careful hunting and trapping techniques should work to capture one eventually. I don't expect to see that happen on TV any time soon however.

SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3509 times
    Research/Limited field work
    Finding Bigfoot has turned up lots of evidence. Footprints, returned calls and returned woodnocks. I assure you they are not human. Four friends and I had a face to face encounter in July of 1973. Read about it on Bigfoot Encounters/sightings/Texas July 1973. The sight should still be up. Bobby Short was a retired nurse who has passed away. Her grandson keeps the site up.
    Rebel - KGC and Oroblanco like this.

ca
    Nov 2009
    Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    424 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yup, in beef jerky commercials. Of course Big Foot would never be misconstrued for a grizzly bear, an animal that hides from man when it can, is tall when standing up to see and smell, has a mass of dark fur/hair, makes strange gutteral noises when alarmed, has its primary range in the Pacific North West today. Nah, that would simply make too much sense.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    15613 times
    Wasn't BIG FOOT Nation, "VEGGIES"...? NEVER read of 'em eating meat... dunno.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; May 28, 2016 at 08:50 AM.
    Oroblanco likes this.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    9679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Finding Bigfoot has turned up lots of evidence. Footprints, returned calls and returned woodnocks. I assure you they are not human. Four friends and I had a face to face encounter in July of 1973. Read about it on Bigfoot Encounters/sightings/Texas July 1973. The sight should still be up. Bobby Short was a retired nurse who has passed away. Her grandson keeps the site up.
    If I found the correct report, I would say that the thing you encountered, was unlike 99.8% of Bigfoot reports. Several key points stand out, like the rounded head, while most bigfoot reports mention a pointed or crested head not round, sharp teeth are another point, most of the bigfoot reports that mention seeing teeth state they are like human teeth only larger, not pointed like a bear or canine. I am NOT saying you encountered a bear - and I would sure not want to run into it myself either, but I suspect that it is something other than a bigfoot and certainly more dangerous sounding.

NWMP wrote
    Yup, in beef jerky commercials. Of course Big Foot would never be misconstrued for a grizzly bear, an animal that hides from man when it can, is tall when standing up to see and smell, has a mass of dark fur/hair, makes strange gutteral noises when alarmed, has its primary range in the Pacific North West today. Nah, that would simply make too much sense
    Logical and reasonable, are you then taking the position that all eyewitness reports are mistaken encounters with bears? Certainly you know that bears can not walk on their hind legs for any great distance, and can not run on their hind legs at all. They can stand certainly, but it is not a comfortable stance for them and walking is unsteady.

Reb wrote
    Wasn't BIG FOOT Nation, "VEGGIES"...? NEVER read of 'em eating meat... dunno.
    Well we do have reports that mention seeing bigfoot eating water plants, berries, nuts, roots, fish, deer, hogs, and even roadkill. My guess would be that they are opportunistic omnivores, able to digest most anything (and that is also like humans) and taking advantage of every food source they run across.
    Physiology

Please do continue;

Rebel - KGC and sdcfia like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    White's prizm IV Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    13451 times
    Not yet....But it will happen. 1.8 million acres of forest just a few miles inland....and where I believe Bigfoot came from, and resides.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3509 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco View Post
    If I found the correct report, I would say that the thing you encountered, was unlike 99.8% of Bigfoot reports. Several key points stand out, like the rounded head, while most bigfoot reports mention a pointed or crested head not round, sharp teeth are another point, most of the bigfoot reports that mention seeing teeth state they are like human teeth only larger, not pointed like a bear or canine. I am NOT saying you encountered a bear - and I would sure not want to run into it myself either, but I suspect that it is something other than a bigfoot and certainly more dangerous sounding.

NWMP wrote

Logical and reasonable, are you then taking the position that all eyewitness reports are mistaken encounters with bears? Certainly you know that bears can not walk on their hind legs for any great distance, and can not run on their hind legs at all. They can stand certainly, but it is not a comfortable stance for them and walking is unsteady.

Reb wrote

Well we do have reports that mention seeing bigfoot eating water plants, berries, nuts, roots, fish, deer, hogs, and even roadkill. My guess would be that they are opportunistic omnivores, able to digest most anything (and that is also like humans) and taking advantage of every food source they run across.
    Physiology

Please do continue;

Bobbie Short edited my report and changed it. She put the sharp teeth in, I told her pointed incisors like a human. She also put the rounded head in and the werewolf crap. We talked online and I corrected her, but she never changed it. It fit all the common descriptions and I should have gone to BFRO and put the sighting there. I'm just too lazy. That veggie stuff is crap. They eat deer and small animals too I see from other reports. It was not a bear. I sort of have a way with animals, especially cats. I had a bobcat climb in a tree(deer blind platform) when I was young, walk over and lay down next to me. He would go to sleep. In 1975 at Yosemite National Park, we spent the night in the parking lot of the lodge(Jan) because the rangers let us. It snowed heavily that night and we awoke to two little bear cubs on the car. We chased them across the lot and into the woods. We rounded a corner and there stood mama bear on her hind legs. I started telling her that we would never hurt her babies and that she and they were beautiful. She got down on all fours and walked over to me. I thought I was dead, but she nuzzled my hand and I scratched her chin and then petted her. She looked me in the eye, turned and she and the cubs walked into the woods. The rangers didn't believe me, but my buddy George told them the story. He was still shaking. They told us that when a sow grizzly has her cubs late, she will stay up and not hibernate to feed them and that we were lucky we were not mauled like a person had been the month before. So I know what a bear looks like. Now I read about dozens of park disappearances across the U.S. ?? Don't know. I have 6-7 raccoons that eat out of the dumpsters here at my apt. I go down, talk to them and give them apples. They ran away the first time, but now they all line up because the "apple guy" is coming. I guess I smaell like an animal?? I just wish I would have had that power over women...

Jun 2007
    15613 times
    LOL! Want the babes to "line up", so YOU can give 'em an apple...? Heh...
    Oroblanco likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3509 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    LOL! Want the babes to "line up", so YOU can give 'em an apple...? Heh...

From your lips to God's ears...

Jun 2007
    15613 times
    Well, I AM a Prophet...
    Oroblanco likes this.

us
    DIGGER OF JUNK

Jan 2016
    Illinois
    Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
    565 times
    I never saw a bigfoot but i have always been curious about their exsistence every since i was young and apart of me wants to belive and apart doesent,just like I would like to encounter one but yet I dont.My reason for an encounter would be to try and communicate with bigfoot and not harm them but on the other side I do not know if the old heart would give out!

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    9679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Digzit2 View Post
    I never saw a bigfoot but i have always been curious about their exsistence every since i was young and apart of me wants to belive and apart doesent,just like I would like to encounter one but yet I dont.My reason for an encounter would be to try and communicate with bigfoot and not harm them but on the other side I do not know if the old heart would give out!
    I would only suggest that if you do wish to encounter a Bigfoot, try to avoid the mistakes that the TV "experts" are making constantly. For one thing, keeping as quiet as possible is a must for any kind of wildlife you might want to try to meet up with. Wild animals keep their ears, eyes and nose alert at all times for intruders and possible dangers, so if you go roaring into some place on an ATV, blab on walkie talkies etc you are likely not even going to see a rabbit, or at best will only see fleeing animals. Try to keep the wind in your face or if you cannot, then work across the wind and NEVER with the wind at your back. Move in short spurts, and then 'freeze' and look carefully all around you, including behind you. In hunting this is called still hunting and it works very well. Try to see the wildlife before they see you. Try to move when the wind is making branches move, this helps cover any noise you make and makes your movement harder to spot. If you spot any wildlife, do NOT move when it is looking at you, only when it is looking away. It is not easy but you might be surprised at how close you can get to wildlife, if you are careful, move as little as possible, spend most of your time frozen still and LOOKING carefully, as well as listening. Birds will often give alarm calls at the movement of large animals near them too, so the wildlife may even help you in your quest. A creature the size of a Bigfoot may well make enough noise that you might hear it approaching you, well before it becomes alerted to your presence, so keep your ears open.

This Bigfoot creature, animal or man or whatever it is, almost certainly has all the instincts of wild animals and may well have a sense of smell as good as a dog. Anthropologists believe that Neanderthal man had a sense of smell as good as a dog, so it is not wild speculation to suppose that Bigfoot has a keen sense of smell. By many eyewitness accounts, they will often 'freeze' in place, stay crouched down or standing against a tree etc so be prepared to spot them doing this behavior. It is a behavior used by other animals, whitetail deer will often freeze in one spot when a hunter is approaching, and often enough the hunter fails to see the motionless animal so the behavior works quite well. Bigfoot must need certain things too, just as any species of wild animal - it has to have water, food supplies, cover, (for concealment) and quite possibly shelter, which may be a rock ledge or an upturned tree or even just a cut bank, as was reported by some witnesses of the Borrego Sandman. So it would probably be wise to look for food sources, like wild berries, nuts, fish, roots etc that are edible. Based on what little we know, it appears that Bigfoot is likely an omnivore and may even eat carrion, so don't dismiss a dead carcass as a possible food source. Cover is vital too - they need to be able to hide from any possible enemies, so it is not likely you will find them in open fields, look for thick brush, dense stands of timber, swamps etc. Don't forget the water too, they must have water so if you are searching an area where NO water source exists, your chances of an encounter are greatly diminished. I am not recommending to set up camp on top of a water supply, which could result in an ugly wildlife encounter you do not want, but keep it in mind that any area must have these things for a Bigfoot to be able to live there, even if it is only migrating through. Remember, to this creature the wilderness is HOME, as much as you feel in your living room right at home, so keep that in mind too. If someone set up a tent in your back yard how long would it take you to spot it?

Good luck to you Digzit, I hope you will get lucky enough to have that encounter. Of course as the old saying goes, you must hunt for elephants in the elephants country, so to see a Bigfoot will require travelling to some place where you stand a good chance of seeing one, but if you don't mind camping out this is not a big problem. I hope too that if you are lucky enough to see one, or better yet get a photograph, you will keep us posted? Thanks in advance,
    Oroblanco

Digzit2, Rebel - KGC and Robot like this.

pt
    Sep 2014
    7805 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    Here's quite an interesting new video from ThinkerThunker. It's an interview with the cameraman who shot the Great North IMAX documentary in 2001, in which a large black biped (not a bear) was accidentally filmed chasing through a large herd of caribou way up in the far northern Canadian wilderness. The cameraman was unaware that this happened until a friend recently linked him to an earlier TT YouTube video of the event.

"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace."
    Rod Serling

us
    Mar 2016
    Michigan
    At pro
    545 times
    So on the Lake Michigan shoreline you have the sandy beach and behind them huge dunes and woods. If u climb them and get in the woods there's miles of trails that run over these hills following the beach basically. I've been going there since I was a teenager spent tons of hours exploring I know them well enough I was told they are old Indian trails. The only way you can get to them now is go in through the state park hike down the beach a mile or more and climb the dunes to get into the woods. When I was younger you could just park on road run in the woods and find a trail within fifty yards. They basically built a wall though to keep people out and if you park your car on the road when u get back someone from the township or the sheriff will be waiting. A few rich people have some really nice house on the shore and they do what ever they can to keep people away. So I have my girl friend drop me off on the road grab my gear and hike in she's going to the state park I'm gonna hike in do some metal detecting hit the shoreline and head south she's going to get to the shoreline and head a bit north were gonna meet and spend the day at the beach. Both ways in are about a 30/40 minute hike to get to the water. So I head in get to an area that I want to detect start digging around not wearing the headsets creeps me out in the woods alone not hearing anything plus I've had trees fall out of nowhere if rather be able to hear what's going on. Now I didn't see anything but all of a sudden I hear a loud noise like something jumped out of a tree and took off that wouldn't have freaked me out but whatever it was was heavy I could feel the whole ground shake right up through my feet was it Bigfoot idk but it scared the crap out of me grabbed my stuff and got the hell out of there

us
    Rob

May 2014
    Oregon
    Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20 J.O.G Trommel
    99 times
    Prospecting
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I've had a few experiences with something up in the woods. First and most notable one was with my Wife. We were car camping at a claim owned by a friend. We were new to the area and wanted to test some new equipment. While cooking soup for dinner after dark we hear a very loud howl from the creek. It sounded like,"oooooOOOOOHHHH THAT'S COOOLLLLllllld then jabbering. I know you're thinking human but now way any human could make that noise. This was early in the season, very few miners were in the area yet. No camps within a couple miles of us. We bailed immediately and on the way out in our car we saw a doe she was running down the middle of the road not afraid of us, I think something was chasing her. I strongly felt she'd have been real happy to jump in the back seat. When we stopped the car she stayed right in front of us in the headlights. I had to repeatedly try to get around her, yes lights on dim. Finally getting around her as she went into the brush.

Later after we calmed down we returned to our camp and found dinner untouched. We cleaned up and turned in for the night laying the back seat down in the Blazer made for a nice bed. Then about an hour later something very big repeatedly crept up on us. We could hear large branches snap and dry brush crunching as it approached, then silence all of the sudden we could hear it breathing right outside the car. Then it'd leave or so we thought only to be right outside the car again. During all this I tried to wake my Wife but she wouldn't move. It was only after the thing finally left and she started sobbing that I found out she had been awake and aware the whole time, yet somehow paralyzed. She tried to move and scream out to me but couldn't move or even whisper. She said that was the most terrifying part of the whole encounter. That thing was two legged for sure. I've hunted for many decades and been around horses my whole life. I know what a 4 legged animal sounds like. I do believe they run the dry creek beds, just like we use the road systems. Where we were camped was at the mouth of a smaller creek dumping into a larger creek. I think it hollered up the other creek as it was passing us. Take that as you will. Might post another if your interested. These were all in Western Oregon Cascades.
    Last edited by Sticks; May 22, 2017 at 05:22 AM.
    OzarkCat, sdcfia and Oroblanco like this.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links