Ever seen or had an encounter with a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch? - Page 11
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: Ever had an encounter with a Bigfoot?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 15.15%
  • Maybe

13 19.70%
  • No

43 65.15%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Ever seen or had an encounter with a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Rob

May 2014
    Oregon
    Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20 J.O.G Trommel
    99 times
    Prospecting
    I'll go ahead and put one more up. We were back in that area a few years later working a different drainage. We had upgraded to a travel trailer much more comfy. This trip we had our dogs. She was cooking dinner again after dark. We were camped along the side of a gravel road, dredge was in the creek tied off well due to Spring Melt. We hear loud heavy footsteps coming down the road. Again, early in season, no one had driven past us to work the upper claims and this was mid week. The dogs who were outside started going crazy as it got closer. One is an Akita, and one a Rat Terrier. Now that Terrier thinks he's pretty big and once he gets to barking he won't shut up for anyone, let alone a stranger. This thing kept coming closer footsteps getting louder, Dogs were livid. I was getting my flashlight to go check things out and keep whomever it was from having to deal with the dogs. Just then the thing was right up next to the trailer and yelled at the dogs, "Get Back!!" in an insanely loud voice, at least that's what it sounded like, the dogs were silent after, dead silent not a peep. Now someone might punk one dog, you'll never punk two of them at the same time. Two dogs is completely different than one. I turned the corner of the trailer with my light and there was nothing at all on the road for as far as the light would shine and it's a good one too. After that is what I find most interesting.

The dogs refused to go out at night anymore. Actually they whined to get inside at Sunset and wouldn't go out for anything before well after Sunrise. The Akita would no longer follow me up the trail to my upper diggings, she'd lay in the trail whining and peeing on herself. Not sure if you're familiar with that breed but they are used to hunt bear in Japan, not a timid dog at all. I did once drag her in on a leash but as soon as I took her off leash and started digging she was gone only to be found hiding under the trailer back at camp. Whatever that was ruined our dogs. Is BF vocal and can he speak English? No idea. It clearly sounded like it said "Get Back!!", we do question whether we actually heard that out loud or just in our heads, more like telepathy of some sort. I said earlier I think they run the creeks, but this was high water from Spring Runoff, water was high bank to bank.

We've had lots of other issues there in that spot, and read reports of others having the same or worse happen to them. That Big Foot show did an episode further down the creek from us, kinda a joke really with all the people they drag up there, catered and everything. Something is definitely out there, I doubt it would actually harm you though unless you started messing with it. That's what I hope anyway. I still work the area alone way up the smaller creek. There are no roads into it and many old shafts something could hide in. Have you noticed there are more concentrated incidences in Mining Districts? I'd love to make friends with one and have him help me roll boulders. I've left treats out and they'd remain in the morning.

We also hear what I can only describe as children playing, much like the din or noise from a distant playground at recess. Everyone who goes there comments on that, takes a few days to get used to it. Several game cameras have failed to catch what ever it is. We did get pics of what looks to be white mist moving up the creek. This in the middle of the Summer though when you wouldn't expect to see fog. It wasn't a large patch either more like a 10 ft long misty cloud moving past the camera.
    Last edited by Sticks; May 22, 2017 at 05:27 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    81397 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yes... I think I dated one once. :P
    OzarkCat, Rebel - KGC and Oddjob like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    No marriage, eh...?
    Oroblanco likes this.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    9735 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I've had a few experiences with something up in the woods. First and most notable one was with my Wife. We were car camping at a claim owned by a friend. We were new to the area and wanted to test some new equipment. While cooking soup for dinner after dark we hear a very loud howl from the creek. It sounded like,"oooooOOOOOHHHH THAT'S COOOLLLLllllld then jabbering. I know you're thinking human but now way any human could make that noise. This was early in the season, very few miners were in the area yet. No camps within a couple miles of us. We bailed immediately and on the way out in our car we saw a doe she was running down the middle of the road not afraid of us, I think something was chasing her. I strongly felt she'd have been real happy to jump in the back seat. When we stopped the car she stayed right in front of us in the headlights. I had to repeatedly try to get around her, yes lights on dim. Finally getting around her as she went into the brush.

Later after we calmed down we returned to our camp and found dinner untouched. We cleaned up and turned in for the night laying the back seat down in the Blazer made for a nice bed. Then about an hour later something very big repeatedly crept up on us. We could hear large branches snap and dry brush crunching as it approached, then silence all of the sudden we could hear it breathing right outside the car. Then it'd leave or so we thought only to be right outside the car again. During all this I tried to wake my Wife but she wouldn't move. It was only after the thing finally left and she started sobbing that I found out she had been awake and aware the whole time, yet somehow paralyzed. She tried to move and scream out to me but couldn't move or even whisper. She said that was the most terrifying part of the whole encounter. That thing was two legged for sure. I've hunted for many decades and been around horses my whole life. I know what a 4 legged animal sounds like. I do believe they run the dry creek beds, just like we use the road systems. Where we were camped was at the mouth of a smaller creek dumping into a larger creek. I think it hollered up the other creek as it was passing us. Take that as you will. Might post another if your interested. These were all in Western Oregon Cascades.
    I am definitely interested, please do continue, great post!
    Oroblanco

Rebel - KGC likes this.
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4967 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    In 1999 It was on opening morning of Fall Turkey Season. It was on family land that I started going to when I was 4yrs old, so '66-'67. Back then it was farmed with corn & beans. Been in the family since MO territories opened. Later after the Government started paying more to Not Farm Grain, the name of that program escapes me now. CPO?? Anyway in '99 I had a friend with me & later another friend was coming down for the evening hunt & the following two days. We left my place around 0315hrs & got to that land that is now used for cattle about 0340hrs. The cattle had been moved to another section due to our Hunting there. They liked to follow me around. lol! I had driven my truck to the back section & parked with lights off, drinking coffee & talking about the hunt. It was a pretty full moon & we had plenty of time to get to our spots before the birds woke up from the roost. As we were talking I happened to glance at my side view mirror & I see... I'm not going to sugarcoat it, a Bigfoot walking towards us but on the other side of a high 4 strand barbed wire fence. We had the windows down about two inches each & not wanting to make any noise or say anything I just manually pushed the door lock down on my side, still watching it & by then it was just about to the front of the hood but still not paying any attention to my truck & casually walking. At the same time I pushed the lock down my friend says in a panicked voice "Were You Going To Say Anything?" lol! Passenger lock button goes down & now we are both watching it. It gets to the corner of that section & Steps Over that Fence, like I would step over a log! Now it's in front of us on the other side of that fence walking in a direction of a Huge Cedar Grove Hillside. I've never liked Hunting up there because there is a REALLY OLD Abandoned Country Church & Cemetery up there & on windy days the doors open & bang shut, plus kids & drug users have used it to Party in. Just Don't like it. We both separately told my uncle about it...same story. My truck looked like his & so to anyone or anything it would have seemed natural that truck was parked there. Later that same day, my other friend showed up to evening hunt & we all walked the fence lines, being it was thick grass & fescue there were no footprints just several impressions. My other friend wanted to go up thru the cedar grove & these trees are so tall you can barely see the sky. The ground is a carpet of needles. We got about a quarter of the way up & all heard an injured rabbit sound. Once. We kept going maybe 50' farther & laying on the ground was a warm limp rabbit with its neck broken & a small amount of blood from its mouth & ears. That's all it took for me...BuBye. I will Not Go Out Anymore Before Sunrise. Not Happening. Never affected my Hunting at all, Just got Really Good At Calling! Never Saw That Before or After & My Uncle & Cousin Would NOT say a word when told. They knew & had seen it/them but didn't think it was a need to know....I disagree on that!! lol. I will go on record that after that I Am A Believer! Not Embarrased By It Either.
    Last edited by Kace; Aug 18, 2017 at 09:13 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    21145 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Oroblanco,

I'd forgotten about posting my experience with the traveling ice block until this morning catching up on older threads, reviewing what I'd written about the experience. One thing I didn't mention was that I saw a drop of blood above the "corpse" suspended in the ice. Cousin Bill saw it too.

I wouldn't think that anyone faking it would have thought about putting a drop of blood in the mix.

I guess I'm just a gullible believer!

Stay safe!
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    9735 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    Oroblanco,

I'd forgotten about posting my experience with the traveling ice block until this morning catching up on older threads, reviewing what I'd written about the experience. One thing I didn't mention was that I saw a drop of blood above the "corpse" suspended in the ice. Cousin Bill saw it too.

I wouldn't think that anyone faking it would have thought about putting a drop of blood in the mix.

I guess I'm just a gullible believer!

Stay safe!

Well I am a 'believer' too, and to those that scoff about how it could not exist without being detected, I would point out that it IS being detected, has been detected for centuries, and continues to get detected quite regularly. There was an article done with a study about how many Bigfoot are killed by humans, annually, and it concluded that on average one or two Bigfoot are killed each year by people! In virtually every case, on killing the Bigfoot, the person(s) whom had killed it, became frightened that they had murdered a large human!

The evidence has been slowly accumulating, that Bigfoot is quite real and we may soon have the case closed. It doesn't make sense for the US Marine Corps to assign a photographer to get photos of something that doesn't exist, which has been seen around the garbage bins at a certain Marine Corps base for decades. A base where there are no bears.

Thank you for sharing, keep 'em coming!
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Nov 2017
    4 times
    I'm sorry if its shared before.. Video is here:

Oroblanco and Rebel - KGC like this.

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    1224 times
    kicking just because this is an interesting thread.

I've never seen one but about 52 years ago while deer hunting in the Blue Mountains of Pennsylvania where I 81 now crosses RT 183, my dad and I were walking up the trail when a man and his son came running down it. they said they were scared up a tree by something that did not look like a bear, mountain lion or anything else they had ever seen. And they were running scared, you know the look. They even had their hunting rifles with them and were too scared to shoot. That has stayed with me all these years, I often wondered what they saw. Sorry I have no more info on that. If you are from that area it's where the Log Cabin restuarant used to be,
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    81397 times
    Bigfoot uses a Minelab Excalibur 2 to detect rivers.

And wears a huge gold chain around his neck that says "Big Daddy".
    Roundness, GB1 and Rebel - KGC like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Eddie

Apr 2013
    La Vergne, TN
    Garrett Pinpointer, White's TRX, Garrett AT Max, White's V3i
    708 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post

I heard he has an Equinox 800 on the waiting list....
    AARC and Rebel - KGC like this.
    "HAVE DETECTOR - WILL DIG FOR CHEESEBURGERS"

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    1224 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post

but where does he turn his metal in for cash?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
    5162 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If their is such a thing, why do we have to find it? I say let it be and give at least one creature on this earth peace.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
    5628 times
    [QUOTE=ButteCountyCal;4972713]If there was a big foot they would have bones of a dead one lol.

Deer die every day in the woods and very few bones are found and they lose their antlers regularly, but not a lot are found.Squirrels and mice eat the antlers and bone for the calcium in them and if Bigfoot is in very hard to access areas the bones would deteriorate away Most sightings are not at the local mall but in very isolated spots away from civilization.
    Rebel - KGC and Meadow like this.
    back of the boat

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    81397 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davest View Post
    but where does he turn his metal in for cash?
    Sells his finds at a flea market.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links