Ever seen or had an encounter with a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 

View Poll Results: Ever had an encounter with a Bigfoot?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 15.15%
  • Maybe

    13 19.70%
  • No

    43 65.15%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 168
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Ever seen or had an encounter with a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    7,834
    9735 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post
    Sascat! LOL!

    I wasn't trying to be flippant, when relaying my only true encounter, with someone who had a true non-encounter.
    I did vote no.

    I kinda always discounted our Skunk Ape down here because of knowing Doug had been running around the Everglades with that ape suit, for God knows how long! LOL! We could be at family reunions, gatherings, weddings, whatever, and someone would always bring it up, and we would just have to laugh at the craziness of some ppl.
    Figured he was lucky he didn't get shot by hunters.
    I've known many ppl that lived in the Everglades all their lives(more or less), since the early 1900's.
    No one I or my family ever knew, ever had an encounter with one, down here.

    I find it interesting, as man evolved and lost bodily hair(well some did), these creatures maintain a fur coat, and seem to not need clothing. Also, I wonder if they have their own form of care, in that if they get hurt, break a tooth or bone, how do they care for themselves and their others, or do they? Do they know of medicines through plants. It must not be easy being a Sasquatch, I would think.

    I do enjoy true first hand experiences with these creatures, so please tell us of them!
    And, someone please get some good pics or film!
    Well, I have never seen a Sandhill Crane in South Dakota, and none of the people I know here, many of whom have linved their entire lives in South Dakota, have ever seen one. By that logic then there can not be any Sandhill Cranes in South Dakota right? Anyone who reports seeing any Sandhill Cranes in SD must be seeing the plastic pink flamingos so popular for yard decorations.

    Your friend in a gorilla suit, how old is he? The sightings of something walking around Florida swamps runs back as far as at least 1909, and there are Indian legends as well. Did he also run around in Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas as well? How about Arkansas? Was he in Wyoming in the Black Hills about twenty one years ago?
    I don't know how tall your friend is but he must be a big one, as many sightings report seeing a critter eight feet tall or more. I understand your sharing that info and surely it is possible that some sightings may be his work, but it is not wise to run around like that and risk getting shot. A man was recently killed on a highway attempting to fake a bigfoot sighting; the payoff is just not worth the risks.

    New species are discovered all the time; in most cases the animals are known in "folklore" (sightings) long before science will officially acknowledge their existence. If you have a genuine interest, I suggest you read some of the studies done like the DNA sequencing so recently completed. Imaginery animals do not have DNA, and if they somehow got DNA from your friend, he is a real oddity indeed! Seriously, if you are interested there is a great deal of info available, and real evidence from DNA and hair to the simple evidence in the form of tracks, found to have dermal ridges that do not match any known species.

    Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek, and thank you in advance.
    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  2. #17
    us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

    Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6,671
    7268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Pippin,

    NICE ONE! HAHAHA

    Roy, I have always wanted to see one, as I have always thought there was a better than average possibility they existed.

    About a year ago, I got a big surprise at a spot where I do a lot of camping. I am not going to give out the location as I don't want a bunch of idiots running through this place whooping and batting trees. HAHAHA. I had climbed up one ridge to a nice scenic spot. Got the entire camp set up before dark. The ridge I was on was very rocky without a lot of trees.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020012sm.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	894414 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020003sm.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	894468

    The next ridge over was loaded with trees. Just at dusk, I heard some deep huffing off in the distance. Sounded like a big bear (there are some bears around this place). I always carry two 9oz shots of bear mace. I sat down between two rocks, pulled my balaclava down over my face, and stayed as quiet as I could. On the next ridge over , I could hear something moving up the very steep mountainside. When I looked a little closer, I could see the tops of the trees moving like something VERY BIG was using them to pull itself up the very steep mt. I pulled out my camera. I THOUGHT I had set it to video, hit the button, and got a still pic instead of a video. No snow UNDER the trees to get footprints, and the ground was frozen. I did get a pic of some VERY "LITTLE FEET" (ground squirrel probably).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020006sm.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	894425 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020007sm.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	894470

    About two months after that, I had about a dozen rocks tossed towards me and more deep huffing at a place about a half mile from the first place. All I could think of for the three hours it was happening was, "BEARS DON"T THROW ROCKS!" I didn't camp at that spot. Now, about five months later, we sold a car to a Park Ranger who worked in the area for many years. He knew my location very well. I asked him if he had ever seen or heard anything strange there. He laughed and told me that he had only heard noises he couldn't explain, but one of the Rangers in his office has a picture of a Sasquatch on his desk. I asked him if he knew where it was taken. He told me the spot, and I laughed because I had camped there MANY times. So. I started spending more time there.

    One night, I started hearing noises of someone/something circling around my camp. Along one side of my camp, there was a little creek bed that was about five feet deep. I started taking a lot of pics with and without flash. I did manage to get a blobsquatch pic. Whatever it was, it was in the creek bed, peeking over the edge at me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204sm.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	894452 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204markedsm.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	894454

    Oh yeah, I did edit the exif and delete the GPS Coord.

    Best - Mike
    Last edited by gollum; Nov 06, 2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: new info
    Matthew 6:21; "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"

    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

    "Where do they teach you to post like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

    ............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

  3. #18
    us
    Jul 2013
    a, ohio
    A $10 garage sale find.
    742
    252 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    No but I've seen the Charles mills swamp monsters that are Bigfoot younger cousins but little big foots older nephews.
    Oroblanco likes this.

  4. #19

    Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13,338
    14662 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco View Post
    Well, I have never seen a Sandhill Crane in South Dakota, and none of the people I know here, many of whom have linved their entire lives in South Dakota, have ever seen one. By that logic then there can not be any Sandhill Cranes in South Dakota right? Anyone who reports seeing any Sandhill Cranes in SD must be seeing the plastic pink flamingos so popular for yard decorations.

    Your friend in a gorilla suit, how old is he? The sightings of something walking around Florida swamps runs back as far as at least 1909, and there are Indian legends as well. Did he also run around in Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas as well? How about Arkansas? Was he in Wyoming in the Black Hills about twenty one years ago?
    I don't know how tall your friend is but he must be a big one, as many sightings report seeing a critter eight feet tall or more. I understand your sharing that info and surely it is possible that some sightings may be his work, but it is not wise to run around like that and risk getting shot. A man was recently killed on a highway attempting to fake a bigfoot sighting; the payoff is just not worth the risks.

    New species are discovered all the time; in most cases the animals are known in "folklore" (sightings) long before science will officially acknowledge their existence. If you have a genuine interest, I suggest you read some of the studies done like the DNA sequencing so recently completed. Imaginery animals do not have DNA, and if they somehow got DNA from your friend, he is a real oddity indeed! Seriously, if you are interested there is a great deal of info available, and real evidence from DNA and hair to the simple evidence in the form of tracks, found to have dermal ridges that do not match any known species.

    Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek, and thank you in advance.
    Oroblanco
    someone 'reporting' seeing a sandhill crane is only a report not proof. a feather or pootypoo or a bone could prove it. It's called evidence. There is evidence that they do exist. Bigfoot? not so much. All we have is reports and very unclear pics and videos.
    A creature so large must leave pootypoo and bones. yet none have been found. Not one has been found dead. Have none ever died in a forest fire? Have not one ever been hit by a car or truck? They never fall and die? They never freeze to death? None ever starve to death? They never leave any sign of where they live?
    lisfisher and 13dolphins1 like this.
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

    DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson


    EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha


    IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

    AND IN THE END THE LOVE YOU TAKE IS EQUAL TO THE LOVE YOU MAKE. - Paul mccartney

  5. #20
    us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

    Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6,671
    7268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    someone 'reporting' seeing a sandhill crane is only a report not proof. a feather or pootypoo or a bone could prove it. It's called evidence. There is evidence that they do exist. Bigfoot? not so much. All we have is reports and very unclear pics and videos.
    A creature so large must leave pootypoo and bones. yet none have been found. Not one has been found dead. Have none ever died in a forest fire? Have not one ever been hit by a car or truck? They never fall and die? They never freeze to death? None ever starve to death? They never leave any sign of where they live?
    Jeff_Gordon,

    Cats bury their pootypoo. We don't typically get pootypoo from cats.

    Whether they are an offshoot of Homo Heidelbergensis or Gigantopithecus, they live in the heavily forested areas of the United States. There are hundreds of sightings every year. I myself have never seen one face to face, but I have watched the tops of trees that stand about15 inches at their base move back and forth as SOMETHING was pulling itself uphill. The next day, I went to the site and couldn't make the trees move a bit.

    I don't know where you live, but my recommendation is to get off your derriere, and head into some places with a history of strange occurrences.

    Best - Mike
    Back-of-the-boat likes this.
    Matthew 6:21; "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"

    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

    "Where do they teach you to post like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

    ............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

  6. #21
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    7,834
    9735 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    someone 'reporting' seeing a sandhill crane is only a report not proof. a feather or pootypoo or a bone could prove it. It's called evidence. There is evidence that they do exist. Bigfoot? not so much. All we have is reports and very unclear pics and videos.
    A creature so large must leave pootypoo and bones. yet none have been found. Not one has been found dead. Have none ever died in a forest fire? Have not one ever been hit by a car or truck? They never fall and die? They never freeze to death? None ever starve to death? They never leave any sign of where they live?
    Perhaps if you did some research into the topic you might find some of the very types of evidence you list;

    Droppings have been collected, and DNA tests attempted
    Blood from a nail board "bear detterent" was collected and also DNA tested,
    Foot prints, hand prints, even body prints have been found, photographed and cataloged, casts made in which dermal ridges are found
    In the Mt St Helens eruption in the northwest a few years ago, in which several bigfoot were supposedly killed, the bodies removed by govt helicopters
    A bigfoot was indeed hit by a car and then chased several miles by a local sheriff and ambulance crew, which I can't find the article at the moment but yes they do get hit
    Bigfoot Evidence: Juvenile Bigfoot Purportedly Hit By a Car in JC Johnson's Research Area

    Bigfoot Evidence: On October 23 at 2 AM, a Bigfoot was hit by car near High Knob VA

    Look amigo it is not my job to try to convince you, in fact that is not the purpose of this thread; the question is have you had an encounter with a bigfoot, or sasquatch, skunk ape etc? Do a little research of your own and don't take my word on it. Here are a few sites that are researching these mysterious critters:
    Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization
    GCBRO Main Page
    Cryptomundo - for Bigfoot, Lake Monsters, Sea Serpents and More - Blog Home
    Bigfoot pictures, bigfoot sounds, bigfoot photos, bigfoot video, bigfoot sightings

    Even on the Quantico Marine Corps base they have had bigfoot incidents;
    Cryptomundo Ľ Yesterday in Bigfoot History | 1977 | U.S. Marines Ordered to Stay Silent on Bigfoot
    In this case the USMC has contracted with a wildlife biologist, whom has set camera traps on the base.

    Your approach seems to think that if bigfoot exists then dead bigfoot MUST be laying around all over the place, when in reality even somewhat common animals are almost never found dead like mountain lions or bears. In this case we are talking about a species that is much more rare than mountain lions or bears and may well be intelligent enough (being a type of human) that they may have a way to conceal their dead, as in burying them for instance. Heck the prestigious Oxford U is doing a DNA study on hominids right now, with the results soon to be published.
    https://www.wolfson.ox.ac.uk/academic/GBFs-v/OLCHP

    Try to keep an open mind amigo, of course seeing is believing and I don't really expect to convince you of anything just by arguing on a forum. I thought bigfoot/skunk ape/sasquatch were a bunch of BS until encountering one myself. Maybe you will encounter one in the future?

    Gollum - way cool Mike! I am a bit amazed that you got a photo, it never seems to work out that I have a camera handy when I want one. What do you think it was, that paid you the visit? I can't see a bear throwing rocks, that is a behavior only among higher primates, somethihg about needing a thumb to hold the rocks. Thank you for sharing the photos, wish I could have been with you. (I would have been WAY behind you of course! ) I have to agree with you 100% about these various different TV "bigfoot finders" for they are seeing a 'skwatch" in every shadow or snapped twig, make loads of noise and talk even while walking in to each site, then proceed to blast out calls, screams, wood knocking etc if there were a bigfoot within earshot they would have driven it FAR away. Any hunter can tell them that you do not blast your calls, nor call very often or you simply frighten away the game, and the wood knocking was a very rare thing observed in just a handful of sighting reports until these jerks got onto TV.

    And it has happened - a bigfoot hunter shot another bigfoot hunter.
    Cryptomundo Ľ Uh Oh, Sasquatch Hunter Shoots Another?

    I think this was just a matter of time, with the stupid TV shows implanting the notion into heads that probably ought not ever carry a gun. One of these shows, "Mountain Monsters" on the History channel, has a 'crew' that does much the same thing - blazing away with their guns at shadows in the distance. This is the kind of idiocy I don't like.

    Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek - and thank you again for the stories! Keep 'em coming!
    Oroblanco

    PS almost forgot by YO REB! It is good to see ya posting amigo!
    Last edited by Oroblanco; Nov 06, 2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  7. #22
    au
    Dec 2012
    Brisbane
    GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
    276
    343 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Pippin,

    NICE ONE! HAHAHA

    Roy, I have always wanted to see one, as I have always thought there was a better than average possibility they existed.

    About a year ago, I got a big surprise at a spot where I do a lot of camping. I am not going to give out the location as I don't want a bunch of idiots running through this place whooping and batting trees. HAHAHA. I had climbed up one ridge to a nice scenic spot. Got the entire camp set up before dark. The ridge I was on was very rocky without a lot of trees.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020012sm.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	894414 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020003sm.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	894468

    The next ridge over was loaded with trees. Just at dusk, I heard some deep huffing off in the distance. Sounded like a big bear (there are some bears around this place). I always carry two 9oz shots of bear mace. I sat down between two rocks, pulled my balaclava down over my face, and stayed as quiet as I could. On the next ridge over , I could hear something moving up the very steep mountainside. When I looked a little closer, I could see the tops of the trees moving like something VERY BIG was using them to pull itself up the very steep mt. I pulled out my camera. I THOUGHT I had set it to video, hit the button, and got a still pic instead of a video. No snow UNDER the trees to get footprints, and the ground was frozen. I did get a pic of some VERY "LITTLE FEET" (ground squirrel probably).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020006sm.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	894425 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020007sm.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	894470

    About two months after that, I had about a dozen rocks tossed towards me and more deep huffing at a place about a half mile from the first place. All I could think of for the three hours it was happening was, "BEARS DON"T THROW ROCKS!" I didn't camp at that spot. Now, about five months later, we sold a car to a Park Ranger who worked in the area for many years. He knew my location very well. I asked him if he had ever seen or heard anything strange there. He laughed and told me that he had only heard noises he couldn't explain, but one of the Rangers in his office has a picture of a Sasquatch on his desk. I asked him if he knew where it was taken. He told me the spot, and I laughed because I had camped there MANY times. So. I started spending more time there.

    One night, I started hearing noises of someone/something circling around my camp. Along one side of my camp, there was a little creek bed that was about five feet deep. I started taking a lot of pics with and without flash. I did manage to get a blobsquatch pic. Whatever it was, it was in the creek bed, peeking over the edge at me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204sm.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	894452 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204markedsm.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	894454

    Oh yeah, I did edit the exif and delete the GPS Coord.

    Best - Mike
    Next time you go back to camp at this spot, take some trail cams and set them up at various spots you have heard the noises coming from etc. This way you will get your photos.

    I once thought I saw a big hairy bigfoot. Then I realised I was in Greece

  8. #23
    au
    Dec 2012
    Brisbane
    GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
    276
    343 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    And yes we even have a bigfoot type creature here in Australia, our variety of species is called the "yowie" and has been reported for centuries right back to the old aboriginal stories.

    Australian Yowie Research - Home
    Oroblanco likes this.

  9. #24

    Jun 2007
    23,356
    15729 times
    MoMo, the Missouri Monster...? Or... "google" Frozen Bigfoot Discovered: Minnesota Iceman Returns.
    Oroblanco likes this.

  10. #25

    Jun 2007
    23,356
    15729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco View Post
    Perhaps if you did some research into the topic you might find some of the very types of evidence you list;

    Droppings have been collected, and DNA tests attempted
    Blood from a nail board "bear detterent" was collected and also DNA tested,
    Foot prints, hand prints, even body prints have been found, photographed and cataloged, casts made in which dermal ridges are found
    In the Mt St Helens eruption in the northwest a few years ago, in which several bigfoot were supposedly killed, the bodies removed by govt helicopters
    A bigfoot was indeed hit by a car and then chased several miles by a local sheriff and ambulance crew, which I can't find the article at the moment but yes they do get hit
    Bigfoot Evidence: Juvenile Bigfoot Purportedly Hit By a Car in JC Johnson's Research Area

    Bigfoot Evidence: On October 23 at 2 AM, a Bigfoot was hit by car near High Knob VA

    Look amigo it is not my job to try to convince you, in fact that is not the purpose of this thread; the question is have you had an encounter with a bigfoot, or sasquatch, skunk ape etc? Do a little research of your own and don't take my word on it. Here are a few sites that are researching these mysterious critters:
    Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization
    GCBRO Main Page
    Cryptomundo - for Bigfoot, Lake Monsters, Sea Serpents and More - Blog Home
    Bigfoot pictures, bigfoot sounds, bigfoot photos, bigfoot video, bigfoot sightings

    Even on the Quantico Marine Corps base they have had bigfoot incidents;
    Cryptomundo Ľ Yesterday in Bigfoot History | 1977 | U.S. Marines Ordered to Stay Silent on Bigfoot
    In this case the USMC has contracted with a wildlife biologist, whom has set camera traps on the base.

    Your approach seems to think that if bigfoot exists then dead bigfoot MUST be laying around all over the place, when in reality even somewhat common animals are almost never found dead like mountain lions or bears. In this case we are talking about a species that is much more rare than mountain lions or bears and may well be intelligent enough (being a type of human) that they may have a way to conceal their dead, as in burying them for instance. Heck the prestigious Oxford U is doing a DNA study on hominids right now, with the results soon to be published.
    https://www.wolfson.ox.ac.uk/academic/GBFs-v/OLCHP

    Try to keep an open mind amigo, of course seeing is believing and I don't really expect to convince you of anything just by arguing on a forum. I thought bigfoot/skunk ape/sasquatch were a bunch of BS until encountering one myself. Maybe you will encounter one in the future?

    Gollum - way cool Mike! I am a bit amazed that you got a photo, it never seems to work out that I have a camera handy when I want one. What do you think it was, that paid you the visit? I can't see a bear throwing rocks, that is a behavior only among higher primates, somethihg about needing a thumb to hold the rocks. Thank you for sharing the photos, wish I could have been with you. (I would have been WAY behind you of course! ) I have to agree with you 100% about these various different TV "bigfoot finders" for they are seeing a 'skwatch" in every shadow or snapped twig, make loads of noise and talk even while walking in to each site, then proceed to blast out calls, screams, wood knocking etc if there were a bigfoot within earshot they would have driven it FAR away. Any hunter can tell them that you do not blast your calls, nor call very often or you simply frighten away the game, and the wood knocking was a very rare thing observed in just a handful of sighting reports until these jerks got onto TV.

    And it has happened - a bigfoot hunter shot another bigfoot hunter.
    Cryptomundo Ľ Uh Oh, Sasquatch Hunter Shoots Another?

    I think this was just a matter of time, with the stupid TV shows implanting the notion into heads that probably ought not ever carry a gun. One of these shows, "Mountain Monsters" on the History channel, has a 'crew' that does much the same thing - blazing away with their guns at shadows in the distance. This is the kind of idiocy I don't like.

    Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek - and thank you again for the stories! Keep 'em coming!
    Oroblanco

    PS almost forgot by YO REB! It is good to see ya posting amigo!
    YO! YEP! Got a BIGFOOT somewhere in Shenandoah National Park, above Stanardsville, Va. (Greene County, Va.), I think. "Google" BIGFOOT sightings in Virginia. Putting on my hiking boots, now...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Nov 07, 2013 at 07:09 AM.
    Oroblanco likes this.

  11. #26
    ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    755
    472 times
    Bigfoot is like so 1970's.....totally.

  12. #27
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

    Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6,334
    8503 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Pippin,
    I didn't comment earlier, my mind went straight to "you met a golem"!
    MAN, I wasn't gonna touch THAT one........ LOL!
    I also thought you may have been to comic-con or talking that lord of the rings cosplay, or something. LOL!

    GOLLUM! Ok, now I'm up to speed, lol!
    You can almost see that bigfoots little face and eyes! But then again, that could just be my brains pareidolia effect?
    I wish you could get some trail-cams up there! It looks like beautiful country! Do you still go up to that area much? Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

    I also saw that cave-man in ice, down in S Ga. I was about 8 or 9 yrs old, it came to our new mall. It would be really hard to say, real or unreal, from the memory and mind of a child. I do believe it was the early 70's, timeframe, that it came around.
    Ronzie, I left you your demon story on the other thread, maybe it can entertain you some.

    I too, want to see pics, films, and stories of the bigfeets! I did read some of the links you provided Oroblanco, thanks for those. I hope to review some of the other links later, thanks again.
    pippinwhitepaws likes this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

    Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

  13. #28
    us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

    Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6,671
    7268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    BrisJoe,

    I always wanted to get back to the land of OZ. Only place I have been there is Perth, WA. Loved it! I don't think I'll try the trail cams. Of the thousands that are in use right now, only one or two might have actually gotten anything. I personally believe they can smell the plastics that they are made of. I know bears can. I also believe that they may be able to see a little broader light spectrum than we can. If they can see into the infra-red, then they can see us coming for miles.

    My favorite line from "Finding Bigfoot" is from Mat Moneymaker. He says it every show, "I have been hunting Bigfoot for 25 years!" If I had been hunting ANYTHING for 25 years with nothing to show for it, I would never admit it! HAHAHA If you want to see how NOT to find a Bigfoot, do what they do on the show. I personally think that the best way to find one, is to go where they have been reported a lot. gather up some brush for a hide, get camo'd up, and sit quietly through the night.

    Roy,

    I had a camera because there are a few places I go looking for these things. Whenever I go there, I have a minimum of four cameras (video, Waterproof-shockproof digi, Canon SX50HS w/50x zoom, Pentax DSLR). I even have a dash cam I run the whole way in and out (if something runs across the road, I want to make sure I record it).

    I also believe that they migrate along mountain ranges. Look through the lists of sightings and you will see a preponderance of way North Sightings in the summertime. When it gets very cold up there, they travel from Canada, along the mountain ranges down to maybe the lower Sierras, San Gabriels. There have been sightings in the desert in Joshua Tree, even down East of L.A. near the old Fontana Drag strip.

    Best - Mike
    Oroblanco likes this.
    Matthew 6:21; "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"

    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

    "Where do they teach you to post like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

    ............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

  14. #29
    us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
    2,133
    513 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    When I was in high school back in the 1970's we took a ski trip up to Colorado,and while riding up on a ski lift,I got to sit with my Science teacher.We both saw something down on the ground that looked like a Yeti you see in the movies.We couldn't tell how big he really was ,but it had shaggy looking hair and wasn't as brown as a bear,the chair behind us saw it to.
    Oroblanco likes this.

  15. #30
    ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    755
    472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post

    Ronzie, I left you your demon story on the other thread, maybe it can entertain you some.
    Yes I read that. One serious cure for conquering your demons is to get involved in martial arts at a good dojo and stick with it for many years. Actually I've made it part of my life. So many positives and no negatives. When people first think of taking a martial art, most think of it only in a physical way. Once you've reached the higher levels it becomes clear it is mostly for the mind. Inner aggression becomes non existent.
    The hurting of animals was disturbing.

    As for bigfoot I remember as a kid going to see In Search of Bigfoot. I'd love them to actually exist, but as you know I would need solid proof, not people saying they saw one. How many people have hunted for these? Even if they're super elusive there should be more proof by now.

 

 
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2013, 12:14 PM
  2. Sasquatch anyone?
    By bearbqd in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2011, 03:35 PM
  3. Messin with Sasquatch
    By Sidevalve45 in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2008, 08:34 AM
  4. Messing with Sasquatch commercials
    By bergie in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 09, 2008, 09:42 PM
  5. Sasquatch videos
    By bakergeol in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2006, 06:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0