Ever seen or had an encounter with a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch?

Ever had an encounter with a Bigfoot?

• Yes

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Loved the story, Gollum. I'll be damned. WTH, rather large thing looking at you in that picture!

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've all read about Chuck Zukowski, his investigations into BigFoot, UFO's, cattle mutilations and other Paranormal activity in Colorado. Because he was on a cable network video discussing cattle mutilations he was fired from his volunteer law enforcement job. Nevertheless Chuck continues is investigations. Chuck's First Amendment rights have been challenged from many sources. All designed to smear Chuck as a liar and fake. Here is Chuck's response to them. And why truth, even when known, is unpublished. I think you'll enjoy Chuck's latest report.
BB

[h=1]US First Amendment Challanged by Political Correctness[/h] December 20, 2013 | By Chuck Zukowski | Add a Comment

USA Bill of Rights Amendment I:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievance

One of the things that makes America strong is our Bill of Rights. Freedom of Speech, the Right to Bear Arms, the protection against Illegal Search and Seizures, these rights among others make our country united and free from dictatorship. But how free are we when hypocrisy chimes in? Hypocrisy from organized groups who challenge our Freedom of Speech constantly because what we might say could offend them or hurt their precious feelings. They still get to say whatever they want to, and Get Away With It! We’re not allowed to challenge their beliefs or remarks? So much for Freedom of Speech.

What this website tries to do, or what I try to do, is release information to the best of my knowledge about my personal UFO/Paranormal related investigations. My comments, my opinions, my theories are all protected by our First Amendment which includes the Freedom of Speech. Without this protection I wouldn’t be able to inform my readers about all the interesting things that are happening in our own backyard. Watch your back, because there are things happening in your own back yard too!

My Freedom of Speech when talking and writing about my investigations is constantly challenged by skeptics, de-bukners, and religious fanatics. The skeptics can’t understand, the de-bunkers won’t understand, and the religious fanatics just call you a liar and say you’ll burn in Hell for what you say or believe. But if that’s not enough to deal with, I also have to deal with over-exaggerated Political Correctness crap popping up from time to time.

Wikipedia:Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term that refers to language, ideas, or policies that address perceived or actual discrimination against or alienation of politically, socially or economically disadvantaged groups. The term usually implies that these social considerations are excessive or of a purely “political” nature. These groups most prominently include those defined by gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability.

If I make a comment that the Grey Aliens are not religious and don’t know or don’t care about a God or a Son of God named Jesus, then I would probably offend a lot of people. The truth is, we don’t know and any story about the Greys being religious or even Christian is a product of an interpretation by an abductee which is generally based on their own personal up-bringing. We really won’t know until we ask them.

What if the Greys are homosexuals or bi-sexual? I’ve never heard of a female Grey, we just assume they’re all males or clones that may or may not have gentiles. Still, we can’t rule out the unknown, once again we won’t know until we ask them. If I say all Greys are males, then I’m a sexist. If I say all Greys are the product of cloning and have no souls, then I might be considered anti-religious. If I say the Greys genitals are larger than mine, then I’m just lying, either way, I would be offending someone or some organization.

The problem with Political Correctness is in fact a direct violation of our Freedom of Speech. Many organizations, lawyers and politicians have drawn a very fine line between the two, simply to benefit their own beliefs or strengthen their pocket books. What they don’t realize or care to realize is, “They are the discriminators”. They’re discriminating others from voicing their opinions based on personal or religious values. There’s a big difference between saying, “I don’t like people who wear black leather jackets” to “People who wear black leather jackets should be shot”. The first is voicing an opinion based on Freedom of Speech, the second is obviously being Politically In-Correct and against the law. The fact is, any Harley rider will protect themselves from discrimination or harm, but every Harley rider I know will also protect the right of Freedom of Speech.

There is no fine line between Freedom of Speech and being Politically Correct. If one organization refers to themselves as “bikers”, then other people should be able to refer to them as “bikers” as well. They are practicing their Freedom of Speech by calling themselves bikers, we are practicing our freedom of speech by calling them bikers too! They shouldn’t be allowed to come back and cry “discrimination” because we called them bikers and say we’re the ones who are Politically Incorrect. Do you see where I’m going with this?

I believe extraterrestrials are visiting this planet. I will say anything I want to justify my beliefs. If I offend anyone, I don’t really care. They’re my beliefs, my opinions and I’m practicing my First Amendment Rights. If anyone is offended by what I say, then Don’t Listen to Me, Don’t Visit My Website, and Don’t Come To My Lectures. You are not the center of this world let alone this universe and you are not God, so quit trying to force your beliefs or your organizations beliefs, down everyone’s throats. Eventually it will back-lash on you and you’ll have no one to blame but yourselves.

(FYI) I personally don’t agree with Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson’s recent remarks, but….. I’ll be the first to protect his First Amendment right to express his beliefs, If I didn’t, then I wouldn’t be following the path set by our forefathers.

Chuck Zukowski

[h=3]Share this:[/h]

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Story online at ksat.com(san Antonio) about a guy named Dyer who shot a Bigfoot here a couple of years ago and is now showing it.

racquelB

Tenderfoot
Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know, some hunters had encountered that. It would be a great work for them if they came to see one. Your soul has been stolen by slave-driving employers and your dignity has been crushed by the crones and arcs you’re supposed to pretend you respect. Induct yourself like a good little fish and display admirable workplace behavior.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I can almost (I repeat ALMOST) die a happy man any time now!

Since my own encounters locally (somewhat), I have become obsessed with Bigfoot. I have studied all the reports and sightings available online, as well as getting non-reported stories from Park Rangers, Border Patrol Agents, etc (that will never go public). I even saw a picture that one Park Ranger keeps of one. It is a little better than most blobsquatches (including my own shot at the same place), and since I know the location of the pic, I have been able to figure the height at close to nine (9) feet (based on proximity to a very easy to recognize tree).

Based on reports and personal judgements of potential places, I chose an area North of Yosemite Nat'l Park. There is a small lake and large meadow at a very high altitude. Little did I know that the section of the road I wanted was closed during Winter months (until April). The closest I could park and hike in was about 10 miles (as the crow flies), and we all know that there are no straight lines in the mountains. Close to 12-14 miles hike in. Not gonna do it for a two day. I found a secondary site that fit the bill for me, only about 3-4 mile hike in (almost all uphill).

The road up:

vt5a.jpg

Once I got as close as I could get on a road, I parked, and started hiking in to my spot (again, almost all uphill).

miw0.jpg qacs.jpg e5n5.jpg

As I came over the ridge, I got a beautiful view (I was at about 9,000 feet in altitude now)

9j67.jpg oae4.jpg v8bc.jpg

As I came down into the little canyon, I had the eerie feeling that I was being watched. I get that a lot when I camp alone, but it was really strong here. No howls or anything like that, just a feeling. One thing that is always at the front of all my eerie thoughts is that I am here looking to see a Bigfoot. I understand that my mind will go out of it's way to make shapes into Bigfeet that really aren't there. But from the Rover to this valley, I didn't have that feeling. As soon as I came over the ridge, my hackles got up! I took a bunch of pics of the heavily wooded canyon (please don't start showing me where all the Bigfoots are in the pics, I have gone over them in Photoshop with a fine toothed comb). Here are the canyon pics:

ts9o.jpg l6pm.jpg ze1t.jpg c4e2.jpg

So, I set up a cold camp (no fire). I had my North Face Tadpole Hikers tent and my camp rocking chair. I left off the rain fly, as the entire tent is see through (like gauze). It was insanely cold, but I could see 360 degrees around the tent. I did have warm clothes and a heavy Army Arctic Weather Sleeping Bag. I hiked around the canyon for a few hours, and the entire time, I still had that creepy feeling of being watched. When it started getting dark (about 5:30PM), I headed back to camp, and got everything ready for beddy bye time. I did bring myself one piece of civilization: my Nook. I read for a few hours. I had two low-lux video cameras with me that I set opposing each other. About 9:30-10PM, I turned in.

I can't begin to tell you how beautiful and clean the air was (being used to Los Angeles Air). It was in the high 30s-low 40s. The moon was almosty as bright as the sun. I could not believe how bright it was in those dark woods.

I had purposefully laid a ton of dried twigs and small branches around the periphery of my camp, so I could get a warning of ANYTHING approaching me. I started hearing twigs snapping about 1AM (woke me up). I stayed still, and started looking around at what I could see. At this time, the moon was further towards the West than when I went to sleep (and lower in the sky). Now I have to get a bit geeky to explain exactly what I saw. Because of where the moon was (to my right rear), it cast very pronounced shadows to my front left. There was a tree directly in front of me about twenty feet away from the tent. I kept seeing something moving behind it. Because of how the moon was casting shadows, I knew that if there was something behind the tree, I could see it's shadow. I didn't want to scare anything off (or piss it off with a flash), so I took no pics, but here are the shadows I saw:

54sz.jpg

The Brown is the actual tree. The black is the shadow of the tree. The red on the right side is what I saw keep moving back and forth behind the tree. The big red is the shadow on the ground of whatever was behind the tree. It looked to me like something squatting down somewhat behind the tree looking around it a bit. It felt like hours that I laid there watching that shadow and whatever was moving back and forth behind the tree (I don't know exactly how long it actually was). Eventually, that big red shadow was just gone. I don't know if I fell asleep, or what, but when I looked for it, it was gone.

The next morning, I spent some time looking around the base of the tree for anything unusual. I didn't find a thing. I started thinking that in the deep dark woods, my mind had played tricks on me, until................. on the steep slope from my camp to the ridge I found two footprints. Not complete footprints, but something heading up the steep canyon on the balls of it's feet. The prints were a good two and a half times as wide as my foot (size 12.5). Three of the toes are clearly visible. No claws as in a bear print. You tell me.

ii7o.jpg q6wj.jpg

There was a lot of pine needle clutter and such that made it impossible to get better prints, but that is what I have. They are going straight up a very steep place. They are not Bear, Deer, Elk, or Horse. They were not there when I explored the area during the day, when I first got there. I wish the footprints were complete, so I could have measured the length, but the width at the ball of the foot is immense (like I said, I am a size 12.5) at 2 1/2 time my width.

Best - Mike

Last edited:

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Man, that's livin' on the hairy edge! It's a good exercise in self control though! Love to hear the stories. Thanks!!!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's livin' on the hairy edge! It's a good exercise in self control though! Love to hear the stories. Thanks!!!

I was hoping and praying to see the thing entirely when it left from behind the tree. I can't explain what happened exactly. Maybe I was still sleepy from being woken up at 1AM, but for the longest time, I lay there watching both the shadow on the ground and something slowly moving back and forth behind the tree. It felt like I blinked and it was gone. I think I was just still tired, and I dozed off for a second. I was really mad at myself for it.

Before I die, I will see one up close and personal. Not a blobsquatch, not a picture, not a video, not a story, but a real live Bigfoot up close.

Now I don't know how smart they actually are. I have always thought they must be extremely smart to avoid official detection for so long. This one however, could not tell that while it may have been hidden behind the tree, it's shadow was plainly visible on the ground. I wonder if I would have noticed that? Who knows?

Best - Mike

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I know the guys over on the LRL threads talk about how the machines can detect anything they set it to.

I bet they would be willing to locate Bigfoot for you.

And don't leave out the map dousing guys. Send them your photos and they can pinpoint where the creatures sleep.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Just wanted to say that LIKE is not a strong enough compliment, great photos Mike, and I am hoping for an update on your experiments, keeping fingers crossed too!
Roy

Oilfield Diver

Aug 25, 2011
Republic of Texas
Neosho River bottoms. One morning found a dead young doe on back of property; a few coyotes feasting on it. Asked neighbor if I could dump it down in the bottoms of his acreage property (that was next to mine) along the river, no problem. A couple of nights later, late at night, having a smoke and the neighbors cat joined me on the porch. Out of the bottoms less than a quarter mile away came the largest longest howling call I have ever heard. No human had the set of lungs this thing had. It echoed down the river valley and neighboring meadows. The cat jumped up, briefly looked at me with wide black eyes then bolted to the nearest tree and climbed to the top. A minute later the same call. I hurriedly fiinished my smoke and went inside. Again the call, I could hear it even inside the dwelling. I tell you, no human or animal had the pipes this thing had. Made me a believer. Them Okies are telling the truth.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
modern trail cameras should be getting some good pics.

High resolution, and long battery life should help get some good pics/video.

Nature Nate

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, L-rods, Pendulums
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that this is an old thread although I hope your still out there reading... So answer to your question, NO.... I have not encountered a bigfoot. Although, I have been an avid outdoorsmen all my life. grew up tracking and hunting with my father in Texas and have seen ever foot track imaginable an other tracks that were identifiable as well that were man made by whatever means... So here is the short story.. Took Girlfriend out for a walk in somewhat of a secluded area of Lake Texoma in northern Texas its a lake that borders north Texas and south central Oklahoma... Anyway, We noticed deep tracks along the shore closer near the bank not near the waters edge, they were the only prints in the soil. I need to let that be known.. It was clear of debris and whatever this was had followed the edge of the bank for about 500 yards before leading off into the woods... I took notice that there were no other track close enough to be someone else making the prints with a contraption or even following near prints. the prints were almost one and a half if not further than what I could step naturally in my longest stride. I tried striding next to the tracks and had to literally jump to land my print in the same length stride in which it was walking. This also was not a running animal as the tracks didn't have any indication of nothing more than a slow paced stroll. giving very evenly placed and non shock to the soils edges around the prints..These prints were about 18" plus in length and were sinking down in the grown deeper than twice my print. they were also in a couple different medium of materials from beach sand to sandy loam type to shale. We have in this This North Texas region what we call shale... It is a bluish greyish clay. it's normally formed in small little flakes once separated from the bank and ranges in thickness from paper thin to 1/4" thick flakes.. When stepped on the print is very distinct. you could make out the toes and arch in the foot very clear... It was obvious it was a two legged mammal and was at least 8ft tall based on its stride. again let me make clear the beach from the water to the bank had no other prints. there was no way a human could have made these prints nor have this size of foot... if A human found some way to walk on stilts and manage to stay up over 500 yards then to walk off into the woods would boggle my mind to why... So this is a mystery to me and I was shocked to see such print in my life. they were so clear I could make out the pads in the feet and even the lines in the skin of the foot... It was awesome. I took pictures on my phone then decided to delete them cause no one would ever believe us.. we looked at these prints for over two hours going from one to the other it was crazy!!! that's my closest encounter.

Nature Nate

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thank you for sharing that - and at least ONE person would have believed you - ME! Keep your eyes out for you never know, might run across "it" again if you return to the same area.

Oroblanco

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it difficult to believe in any monster roaming around the woods these days, sasquatch, goatsucker, sasquatch sucker, chupacabra, chupacabra sucker, the list goes on. Thousands upon thousands of trail cams mounted in the most remote parts of the wilderness, millions of hunters, campers, hikers, teams of scientists, bigfoot chasing crews with cameras and other squatch gear, and not one shred of credible evidence, ever. Now UFO's? Maybe. Seems much more possible when you look at a universe which is pretty much infinite. If you look at the big picture, earth is not even the tip of a pin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
I find it difficult to believe in any monster roaming around the woods these days, sasquatch, goatsucker, sasquatch sucker, chupacabra, chupacabra sucker, the list goes on. Thousands upon thousands of trail cams mounted in the most remote parts of the wilderness, millions of hunters, campers, hikers, teams of scientists, bigfoot chasing crews with cameras and other squatch gear, and not one shred of credible evidence, ever. Now UFO's? Maybe. Seems much more possible when you look at a universe which is pretty much infinite. If you look at the big picture, earth is not even the tip of a pin.

Thanks for your post, however perhaps if you were to research the matter a bit more, you might be pleasantly surprised. It is not as if these creatures are not being detected, there are hundreds or even several thousand sightings reported yearly, and yes game trail cameras have gotten photos, however photos can be easily faked so this is not considered enough to prove the case. The footprints of these creatures have been studied and found to have dermal ridges, which humans and other primates have, but with a different type of print pattern from any known animal including humans. Some DNA studies have been done too, and the results point to a very close human relative, not an ape. That is important, because some Indian tribes have beliefs that these animals are a type of people, that live as wild animals.

Dr Jane Goodall, the primate expert, believes they exist, as does professor Jeff Meldrum. Even the US Marine Corps announced that they had known of bigfoot and have a long running "episode" in which they have been encountered at a particular Marine corps base. The USMC even has assigned an official photographer to get photos of them, which they would hardly do if these animals did not exist.

Despite all the game cameras that are in the public, the cameras do not even begin to cover the vast areas of possible habitat, there are literally millions and millions of acres of forests and swamps, which are where bigfoot are most commonly encountered. In fact one study even concluded that an average of one or two bigfoot are killed each year by humans, and usually it is covered up because the bigfoot is so human, that after killing it, the person responsible fears legal trouble for having committed murder. Most of these lands are rarely entered by people or never.

If you spend enough time living in the wilds, you will see and hear things that are not supposed to exist. I have had a couple of encounters, and my brothers have each had an incident (two incidents for one brother) and my wife also had an encounter so I am pretty well convinced these things exist. They are not numerous anywhere, and there is reason to believe they migrate (tracks found in one state, were found to match tracks found in another state over 400 miles away several months later) so anyone trying to capture or kill one has their work cut out for them, because it is not like flushing a rabbit out of the brush or chasing a bear or lion until it trees, these bigfoot have very high intelligence. Perhaps as high as our own, and they live in the wilds 100% of the time so you are entering their 'living room" to go after them. I am always interested in hearing what others have encountered or seen, especially any details (even if they are odd) as these may be the pieces of the puzzle to one day prove they exist to science.

As to UFOs, while that is entirely another matter, I have no doubt whatsoever that they exist, have been visiting Earth for a long time, and are almost certainly still visiting Earth, perhaps to observe us or who knows what their motives may be. Even NASA has some rather shocking footage of UFOs near Earth, for example the shuttle tether incident:

Thanks again, good luck and good hunting to all reading this, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks for your post, however perhaps if you were to research the matter a bit more, you might be pleasantly surprised. It is not as if these creatures are not being detected, there are hundreds or even several thousand sightings reported yearly, and yes game trail cameras have gotten photos, however photos can be easily faked so this is not considered enough to prove the case. The footprints of these creatures have been studied and found to have dermal ridges, which humans and other primates have, but with a different type of print pattern from any known animal including humans. Some DNA studies have been done too, and the results point to a very close human relative, not an ape. That is important, because some Indian tribes have beliefs that these animals are a type of people, that live as wild animals.

Dr Jane Goodall, the primate expert, believes they exist, as does professor Jeff Meldrum. Even the US Marine Corps announced that they had known of bigfoot and have a long running "episode" in which they have been encountered at a particular Marine corps base. The USMC even has assigned an official photographer to get photos of them, which they would hardly do if these animals did not exist.

Despite all the game cameras that are in the public, the cameras do not even begin to cover the vast areas of possible habitat, there are literally millions and millions of acres of forests and swamps, which are where bigfoot are most commonly encountered. In fact one study even concluded that an average of one or two bigfoot are killed each year by humans, and usually it is covered up because the bigfoot is so human, that after killing it, the person responsible fears legal trouble for having committed murder. Most of these lands are rarely entered by people or never.

If you spend enough time living in the wilds, you will see and hear things that are not supposed to exist. I have had a couple of encounters, and my brothers have each had an incident (two incidents for one brother) and my wife also had an encounter so I am pretty well convinced these things exist. They are not numerous anywhere, and there is reason to believe they migrate (tracks found in one state, were found to match tracks found in another state over 400 miles away several months later) so anyone trying to capture or kill one has their work cut out for them, because it is not like flushing a rabbit out of the brush or chasing a bear or lion until it trees, these bigfoot have very high intelligence. Perhaps as high as our own, and they live in the wilds 100% of the time so you are entering their 'living room" to go after them. I am always interested in hearing what others have encountered or seen, especially any details (even if they are odd) as these may be the pieces of the puzzle to one day prove they exist to science.

As to UFOs, while that is entirely another matter, I have no doubt whatsoever that they exist, have been visiting Earth for a long time, and are almost certainly still visiting Earth, perhaps to observe us or who knows what their motives may be. Even NASA has some rather shocking footage of UFOs near Earth, for example the shuttle tether incident:

Thanks again, good luck and good hunting to all reading this, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2:

There ARE State-by-State "Listings"; Virginia has several...

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Bump - not to toot my own horn, just to keep the thread alive as I am still interested in hearing any encounters/eyewitness reports from anyone that has such an experience. As we are now entering fall, which statistically is one of the better seasons for eyewitness encounters, I am hoping to read some new reports soon.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Bump - not to toot my own horn, just to keep the thread alive as I am still interested in hearing any encounters/eyewitness reports from anyone that has such an experience. As we are now entering fall, which statistically is one of the better seasons for eyewitness encounters, I am hoping to read some new reports soon.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:
You are correct; LATE Fall & EARLY Winter are the BEST times for "Encounters"; leaves are down, MOST small critters are "sleeping"...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread