Ever seen or had an encounter with a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch?

Ever had an encounter with a Bigfoot?

• Yes

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"QUICK" local sighting: A woman on Rt. 43 North (towards Peaks of Otter) in Bedford County, Va. saw a Bigfoot holding a baby Bigfoot (Little Foot...?), two days ago. COULD have been MOMMA Bigfoot... dunno. Wife & I are gonna go up there & go SOUTH on Blue Ridge Parkway to Meadows of Dan, near Floyd County, Va. MAY look for Fairy Stones at the Va. State Park, near-by. Found about 5 of 'em years ago... MOUNTAIN TIME! "Google" Bigfoot Sighting in Bedford County, Va.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
"QUICK" local sighting: A woman on Rt. 43 North (towards Peaks of Otter) in Bedford County, Va. saw a Bigfoot holding a baby Bigfoot (Little Foot...?), two days ago. COULD have been MOMMA Bigfoot... dunno. Wife & I are gonna go up there & go SOUTH on Blue Ridge Parkway to Meadows of Dan, near Floyd County, Va. MAY look for Fairy Stones at the Va. State Park, near-by. Found about 5 of 'em years ago... MOUNTAIN TIME! "Google" Bigfoot Sighting in Bedford County, Va.

Thanks for the HOT tip amigo!

'Baby Bigfoot' and its 'Mother' Spotted in Virginia Town - Cryptozoology News

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I know the "site" (mail-box & road); as we go up to Peaks of Otter... quite a bit (I am a Country Boy/Mountain Man). Meadows of Dan is just a few miles away from Big Stone Gap, on the BRP. MAY go the the lake area of Wise County, and look for the critter (Big Foot) seen there. Rumor is that they have a "Loch Ness" type critter in that lake... GOOFY! HA! TOO much "Shine" down there, I reckon...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I,d rather see Big Foot Rather than an Armed Stranger (Deliverance) the Movie.
While I'm alone out in the Woods.
I think???

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I believe I,d rather see Big Foot Rather than an Armed Stranger (Deliverance) the Movie.
While I'm alone out in the Woods.
I think???
DON'T go out in the Woods, ALONE! Being in Georgia... YOU are LUCKY! Google "TRAIL TREES of Georgia; Water House Treasure of Northern Georgia; Little People of Rocky Face Mountain, Georgia (Cherokee "Legends"). LOTS of GOLD in Northern Georgia in 1829. HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hmmm... NOTHING in News-Advance (Lynchburg, Va. newspaper), nor Bedford Bulletin (Bedford, Va. newspaper). NICE stay at Meadows of Dan; saw MANY Deer, one Black Bear Cub, MANY Wild Turkeys, squirrels, crows... NO BIG/LITTLE Foot... DANG! Our rented place was next to a grave-yard & I DID (at 5 am in the morning FOG), see Spook-Lights in the woods, behind the pond; what appeared to be a "mountain fire" or sun-rise (wasn't EAST sun rise, tho)...

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
My exploring partner of more than thirty years was terrorized one night by bigfoot ca 1968 on the east shore of Lost Lake in the Marble Mountain Wilderness of northern CA. At daybreak, during a lull, he and his fishing partner abandoned their camp and boogied back to their truck, terrified every step of the way that the creature was following them. When questioned about the subject, he says, "I don't need to be convinced. I know it's real."
lostlake.jpg

In July of this year, I was in Bena, MN, near the northeast side of Leech Lake. A nice Chippewa woman at a diner in town told me of several bigfoot encounters by tribal members. As she said, "We don't bother them, and they don't bother us." There are many incidents in the northeast section of MN from a Bimidji-Grand Rapids-Duluth line north into Canada.
bena.JPG

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
My exploring partner of more than thirty years was terrorized one night by bigfoot ca 1968 on the east shore of Lost Lake in the Marble Mountain Wilderness of northern CA. At daybreak, during a lull, he and his fishing partner abandoned their camp and boogied back to their truck, terrified every step of the way that the creature was following them. When questioned about the subject, he says, "I don't need to be convinced. I know it's real."
View attachment 1233832

In July of this year, I was in Bena, MN, near the northeast side of Leech Lake. A nice Chippewa woman at a diner in town told me of several bigfoot encounters by tribal members. As she said, "We don't bother them, and they don't bother us." There are many incidents in the northeast section of MN from a Bimidji-Grand Rapids-Duluth line north into Canada.
View attachment 1233843

Thanks Steve - this is the kind of post I am looking for! Love those footprint casts too. Happy New Year, hope 2016 will be your best year ever - and thanks again.

Roy

whiskyninja

Dec 29, 2015
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Bigfoot legend. Always been obsessed with it. Never seen one, but there's enough evidence out there to convince me. It's actually laughable to think that, of the thousands and thousands of reports out there, these people are all misidentifying bears and people in ghillie suits. Kind of an insult, if you ask me.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's a charter member now and I found his old ladies ring after a spat. IMAG0452.jpg
IMAG0492.jpg

OzarkCat

Greenie
Mar 9, 2016
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro and Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave No Trace.jpg I love this poster from
Great Eastern Trail
Non-Profit Organization
America's long-distance hiking trail.
It stretches from Alabama to New York, a total of about 1600 miles.

and

this quote from Canadian Comedian the late Mitch Hedberg

"I think Bigfoot is blurry - that's the problem. It's not the photographers' fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra-scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roamin' the countryside. 'Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.'" – Mitch Hedberg

Last edited:

ButteCountyCal

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there was a big foot they would have bones of a dead one lol. These shows are a joke! The worse one being the guys from the south that build a cage every episode and never catch a thing lmfao. Always seems to break out somehow. Those things are just really lucky I guess. Now strawberry island I believe in. That's where the military keeps cross breeding and man made critters. I don't know about the mermaid stuff that's pretty unusual so many places in drawings around the world picture the same thing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shows are funny. My cat is 40 inches long and weights 28 pounds. Does he count as a "bigfoot". His paw is almost as wide as my wrist.

OzarkCat

Greenie
Mar 9, 2016
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro and Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do the television shows Mountain Monsters and Finding Bigfoot not spend more than a couple of days on an investigation? The A.I.M.S. team and the BFRO researchers have all the right equipment and hopefully the time to spend a few weeks in a location. Most encounters in the woods seem to happen when people are out camping, hunting, or hiking, so why don't the producers have the teams set up camps in areas that look promising. It seems like going into the woods knocking on trees and howling is not the way to draw them in but more likely a way to scare them off. If the producers of these shows truly wanted to prove bigfoot exist, I think they need to spend the time in the woods with night vision and thermal camera's, and allow bigfoot to come to them. Wildlife researchers spent months and years in the field, clearly to find an elusive creature would require the same.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Why do the television shows Mountain Monsters and Finding Bigfoot not spend more than a couple of days on an investigation? The A.I.M.S. team and the BFRO researchers have all the right equipment and hopefully the time to spend a few weeks in a location. Most encounters in the woods seem to happen when people are out camping, hunting, or hiking, so why don't the producers have the teams set up camps in areas that look promising. It seems like going into the woods knocking on trees and howling is not the way to draw them in but more likely a way to scare them off. If the producers of these shows truly wanted to prove bigfoot exist, I think they need to spend the time in the woods with night vision and thermal camera's, and allow bigfoot to come to them. Wildlife researchers spent months and years in the field, clearly to find an elusive creature would require the same.

AMEN brother! I can't see a single word to disagree with, good post. :thumbsup:

It is most aggravating that we have these several television series, supposedly focused on finding proof of Bigfoot, and yet they can not come up with anything. Part of their problem is in the TV format - they must film an entire episode in a short time (a week or so) and this means they must find that evidence in a very short time, almost 'on command'. It is not possible and not just with Bigfoot but any kind of wild animal. Just grab your camera and go get film footage of a mountain lion in seven days, in the wild. It won't work!

Also agree 100% about their habit of screaming, pounding on trees etc. Any turkey hunter can tell you that if you call TOO much too often, it only drives away the animals you are trying to call in because they know it is wrong. The wood knocking is another example of TV hype. It is a RARELY reported activity by Bigfoot from eyewitnesses, and now we have people whacking trees late at night all over the continent. A Bigfoot that may have used that method of communication would be alerted that it is all wrong by how much our TV experts keep doing it.

I wish that our TV experts would try NOT making so damned much noise as they do, constantly talking, yapping, yelling, roaring around in the woods on ATVs etc. Anyone could easily avoid them, with all the noise and commotion they make. Unfortunately they are "reality TV" with an emphasis on entertainment and not on getting factual evidence. I still end up watching them in their comic attempts, sometimes it is tempting to try getting some photos on my own.

Just my own personal theory but I strongly suspect that Bigfoot is not a wild animal but a wild type of humans, perhaps descendants of Meganthropus or Gigantanthropus. As was recently discovered with the 'Hobbit' people, humans come in different sizes and species, and from the sightings reports it appears that Bigfoot is certainly intelligent enough to avoid humans most of the time. Not all the time however, and careful hunting and trapping techniques should work to capture one eventually. I don't expect to see that happen on TV any time soon however.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Finding Bigfoot has turned up lots of evidence. Footprints, returned calls and returned woodnocks. I assure you they are not human. Four friends and I had a face to face encounter in July of 1973. Read about it on Bigfoot Encounters/sightings/Texas July 1973. The sight should still be up. Bobby Short was a retired nurse who has passed away. Her grandson keeps the site up.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, in beef jerky commercials. Of course Big Foot would never be misconstrued for a grizzly bear, an animal that hides from man when it can, is tall when standing up to see and smell, has a mass of dark fur/hair, makes strange gutteral noises when alarmed, has its primary range in the Pacific North West today. Nah, that would simply make too much sense.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wasn't BIG FOOT Nation, "VEGGIES"...? NEVER read of 'em eating meat... dunno. :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Finding Bigfoot has turned up lots of evidence. Footprints, returned calls and returned woodnocks. I assure you they are not human. Four friends and I had a face to face encounter in July of 1973. Read about it on Bigfoot Encounters/sightings/Texas July 1973. The sight should still be up. Bobby Short was a retired nurse who has passed away. Her grandson keeps the site up.

If I found the correct report, I would say that the thing you encountered, was unlike 99.8% of Bigfoot reports. Several key points stand out, like the rounded head, while most bigfoot reports mention a pointed or crested head not round, sharp teeth are another point, most of the bigfoot reports that mention seeing teeth state they are like human teeth only larger, not pointed like a bear or canine. I am NOT saying you encountered a bear - and I would sure not want to run into it myself either, but I suspect that it is something other than a bigfoot and certainly more dangerous sounding.

NWMP wrote
Yup, in beef jerky commercials. Of course Big Foot would never be misconstrued for a grizzly bear, an animal that hides from man when it can, is tall when standing up to see and smell, has a mass of dark fur/hair, makes strange gutteral noises when alarmed, has its primary range in the Pacific North West today. Nah, that would simply make too much sense

Logical and reasonable, are you then taking the position that all eyewitness reports are mistaken encounters with bears? Certainly you know that bears can not walk on their hind legs for any great distance, and can not run on their hind legs at all. They can stand certainly, but it is not a comfortable stance for them and walking is unsteady.

Reb wrote
Wasn't BIG FOOT Nation, "VEGGIES"...? NEVER read of 'em eating meat... dunno.
dontknow.gif

Well we do have reports that mention seeing bigfoot eating water plants, berries, nuts, roots, fish, deer, hogs, and even roadkill. My guess would be that they are opportunistic omnivores, able to digest most anything (and that is also like humans) and taking advantage of every food source they run across.
Physiology

Please do continue;

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread