This is scary!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Muddyhandz:

I've been married 4 times and divorced 3, so understand I'm speaking
from experience here. I get the same nightmares as TH does, X3..:BangHead:

The solution to your issue is (and I say this with all due respect):

Go out and get a life.

Yes, these things do happen. Whether it's some cosmic connection
or the rhythmic chanting of monks in Tibet causing it, the solution
is to move on and close that chapter. It's done, over with, KAPUT.

Go out and have some fun! Been awhile for you, so keep in mind that
it's not the body you fall in love with, but the person who lives inside it.

And yes, I finally found my Queen..been married 14 years now, and
never been happier.

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dizz, I've had a girlfriend for over a year now and have moved on with my life. I had to end all contact with my ex out of respect for my G.F.
Went 5 months without a word but then I was struck with sadness and had to call her a week ago. It was just simply to know if she was alright. That's all.
I will always care about her and simply wish her all the best with much happiness. She was so relieved that I called and was thinking A LOT about me.
Whether this influenced my decision to call her (having her thinking about me a lot) or I just wanted to know she was alright, I don't really know.
Our souls were bonded for so many years and we never did end on bad terms. I know that it could not work and do not want to go back to that toxicity.

My G.F. loves and adores me but is frustrated that I mention my ex's name occasionally.
I can't change my past and how can I avoid mentioning her when I recall the past 20 years of my life?
Especially when I don't feel the same way as she does for me. She's a good woman with lots of great things going for her but she doesn't WOW me.
I know that I will never feel that same puppy dog love as I did in my 20's but I don't feel any love for my G.F. now. I wonder if I'll ever love again?
Did this past relationship screw me up for life? Is it wrong of me to see my G.F. as just a transitional point and the right one is out there somewhere waiting?

It's good to hear Dizzy that you found love again (and the right one) after 3 previous marriages. It does provide hope that I may find the right one for me.
I do try my best to love myself, my neighbours, and the world around me but we humans have this strange concept of oneness with the opposite sex.
In nature, it's just to reproduce and then on with there separate lives.....Heck, some species kill their spouse and eat them after copulation!
But oh no, we humans have to make things complicated! :BangHead:
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Cheers,
Dave.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Muddyhandz:

I've been married 4 times and divorced 3, so understand I'm speaking
from experience here. I get the same nightmares as TH does, X3..:BangHead:

The solution to your issue is (and I say this with all due respect):

Go out and get a life.

Yes, these things do happen. Whether it's some cosmic connection
or the rhythmic chanting of monks in Tibet causing it, the solution
is to move on and close that chapter. It's done, over with, KAPUT.

Go out and have some fun! Been awhile for you, so keep in mind that
it's not the body you fall in love with, but the person who lives inside it.

And yes, I finally found my Queen..been married 14 years now, and
never been happier.
"Moving On" is difficult, when there is EMOTIONAL "attachment" to the "past" (love, marriage, etc). On MY 3rd marriage, myself; left those families/areas BEHIND to start anew. NO children, so... easier to do. And YES, I WAS a bit uncomfortable meeting the ppl from my "past"... AND! Explained NOTHING... just wished 'em well. Been married 20 + years now; NO children (our choice). Wife & I are NOT "Soul Mates", in fact... we are "OPPOSITES", like FIRE & WATER. "Google" Healing from Emotional Attachments from Your PAST; being a Psychologist with a MINOR in Religion, & M.Ed. in Counseling Psychology DOES help... COMMUNICATE! ANOTHER example of "Opposites"... I AM INTER-FAiTH, wife is Strictly "by-the-GOOD BOOK". She IS "growing in the LIGHT" of SPIRITUALITY; our FOCUS now, is SPIRITUALITY, not Religion. Do y'all "talk" & LISTEN...?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
and that's exactly what I've believed for all those years but she changed into a different person.
She doesn't see the spiritual side of life as being a priority anymore but is now chasing the material world to the point of constant stress and having very little substance.
I have my faults too but this union could not work currently. I'm still in love with a person from 10 years ago but don't feel much for the person she is now.
I think she is keeping me as a safety net (someone to always be there for her) but I don't get much out of that deal.
Happy being in my own space for now! :thumbsup:
YOU DO need time "for your-self'... THEN, talk & LISTEN!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread