Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could someone please explain in a scientific way how this is possible.....

My ex-wife and I have been split up for a year and a half now after being together for 18 years.

Several times this has happened.....I start to get random thoughts about her and then all of a sudden the phone rings and guess who it is?

Other times, I'll get knots in my stomach (once in a blue moon) and then find out later that my ex was going through a ton of stress or emotions right at that very moment.

One such time I was here (in Winnipeg) and she was in Tucson attending the rock and gem show. I had butterflies in my stomach and found out later that she was sick from overwhelming herself emotionally at the same time. Long story on that one. Lol.

The odd time I have to call her after a month because she has a pile of mail to pick up or recently I needed some tax information and as soon as she answers the phone, there’s a chuckle and she says “I was just thinking about you!”

Sure, one could say this happens when you spent almost half your life with someone but can it be explained logically?

It’s actually getting annoying. As soon as I feel I’m getting on with my life......There she is....pulling on my energy.

Worldtalker’s signature “Do ever wonder where your thoughts come from” is easily answered by me.......

My thoughts come from my ex!

ARHHHHH! :BangHead:

Cheers,
Dave.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Could someone please explain in a scientific way how this is possible.....

My ex-wife and I have been split up for a year and a half now after being together for 18 years.

Several times this has happened.....I start to get random thoughts about her and then all of a sudden the phone rings and guess who it is?

Other times, I'll get knots in my stomach (once in a blue moon) and then find out later that my ex was going through a ton of stress or emotions right at that very moment.

One such time I was here (in Winnipeg) and she was in Tucson attending the rock and gem show. I had butterflies in my stomach and found out later that she was sick from overwhelming herself emotionally at the same time. Long story on that one. Lol.

The odd time I have to call her after a month because she has a pile of mail to pick up or recently I needed some tax information and as soon as she answers the phone, there’s a chuckle and she says “I was just thinking about you!”

Sure, one could say this happens when you spent almost half your life with someone but can it be explained logically?

It’s actually getting annoying. As soon as I feel I’m getting on with my life......There she is....pulling on my energy.

Worldtalker’s signature “Do ever wonder where your thoughts come from” is easily answered by me.......

My thoughts come from my ex!

ARHHHHH! :BangHead:

Cheers,
Dave.

OK,where do Hers come from?

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an explanation....it comes from God. You see....when He says that you two shall become one...this is a spiritual oneness.
Sometimes that oneness can be difficult to undo. We don't really understand a lot about who we really are as spiritual beings....the things we can't see...but know that they are there.

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK,where do Hers come from?

Probably from me!

Isn't everything we perceive supposed to be a reflection of ourselves?

I know this IS my reality, perception, and experiences but the whole thing just seems too uncanny at times.

:laughing7:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an explanation....it comes from God. You see....when He says that you two shall become one...this is a spiritual oneness.
Sometimes that oneness can be difficult to undo. We don't really understand a lot about who we really are as spiritual beings....the things we can't see...but know that they are there.

Yikes!

circus-act-625x450.jpg

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

and that's exactly what I've believed for all those years but she changed into a different person.
She doesn't see the spiritual side of life as being a priority anymore but is now chasing the material world to the point of constant stress and having very little substance.
I have my faults too but this union could not work currently. I'm still in love with a person from 10 years ago but don't feel much for the person she is now.
I think she is keeping me as a safety net (someone to always be there for her) but I don't get much out of that deal.
Happy being in my own space for now! :thumbsup:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We all change. I had one ex who all ways seemed to know when I got a raise at work. A mystery till I found out her contact working at same place. As for your science question all that,s coming to mind is twins.. When an organism, possible for two people to be, but in this example an amoeba, splits,does it duplicate whats been the normal status completely or just the appearance?
HowStuffWorks "How Twins Work"

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Mh"; from Psychology (SCIENCE), YOU are an EMPATH, which means YOU can "pick up" vibes from the "ex". 18 years...? ---> MUCH "emotional/mental" investment in "relationship". "Google" Empath...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reminds me of something that has happened to me twice in my life. This is a bit off the subject of spouses; but, similar in some ways. I picked the phone one day to call someone. I don't remember who I was going to call; but, when I dialed the number, the phone was answered before it rang. I asked the person if they heard a ring. They said they heard no ring but had picked up the phone and going to call me and found that I was already on the line! The second time it happened, I was the one that heard no ring, but had picked up the phone to call the person that was on the other end of the line calling me. Can anyone explain that??

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Reminds me of something that has happened to me twice in my life. This is a bit off the subject of spouses; but, similar in some ways. I picked the phone one day to call someone. I don't remember who I was going to call; but, when I dialed the number, the phone was answered before it rang. I asked the person if they heard a ring. They said they heard no ring but had picked up the phone and going to call me and found that I was already on the line! The second time it happened, I was the one that heard no ring, but had picked up the phone to call the person that was on the other end of the line calling me. Can anyone explain that??

MIND-REACH... "google" Mind-Reach.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
remarry her maybe it will stop
very good response. :thumbsup: it will not stop cause you guys are meant to be together. I been putting up with the same thing for 37 years but we are still together and I welcome it. ( oh by the way she makes more $$$ than me) :notworthy:

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing scary about that you have her number and she has yours. Maybe you should rethink this your on your own now.

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice to stick with her.
Maybe you should tell that to my family and friends who saw how unhappy I've been during the last 5+ years of our relationship.
In fact, everyone who knows me says that I'm a lot happier now.
Of course I am. The relationship went toxic.

We were together since I was 21 to the age of 39. This is the first year and a half I've been on my own..... Ever!
Sure I'm screwed when it comes to dating again since I've been off the market all through my 20's and 30's.......the prime dating period.
I'm such a loyal person that I developed a body language that shows women I'm not interested in them from being so faithful over the years.
Hard to change that pattern. Already I've had a few women who were clearly interested in me but I brushed them off.
An hour later I bang my head on the wall saying to myself...."You idiot, she was totally in to you!" That's o.k. I don't need another one right now.
Also, I'm not like my generation who just throws away a marriage because things got a little uneasy.
I put a lot of work into it and hung in there for a lot of bad years.
BOTH people have to be on the SAME PAGE.

Anyway, interesting thread. This has been the most personal information I've shared on the internet!

After feeling like a prisoner for years, now I get to be a free-spirit again.:thumbsup:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Dude, don't put too much into it. We've all had the song in your head 2 seconds before you turned on the radio or swiched the channel. I've had the telephone thing too. Have a beer,eh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread