White Orbs of Light Marfa Texas

WilliamTheCrusader

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2014
S Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2003, my dad and myself drove around the southern part of the US. S Florida thru Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, and back thru the same states except further north.
We stopped in Marfa Texas for three days.
On a Friday we went to eat at Mike's Diner where they had the best chicken fried steak ever.
We asked the staff what the local attractions were.
They told us of the famous "Marfa Lights".
These lights were known to follow peoples cars, all the way to peoples houses, matching highway speeds, and then as the people pulled into the driveway and got out of the car, terrified of the lights beside their house, the lights would turn around and go back to their field.
The staff also told how some scientists believed these lights to be gas emanating from the ground.
Some believe these lights were spirits of Indians massacred by US soldiers.
Apparently the first white man came thru in 1840, he described the lights also.
An Army plane once was flying by in the 1940's, the lights reformed into what looked like runway lights, and the plane crashed into the side of a mountain where the lights had lined up.
The US government has spent billions of dollars on research.
As a person approaches the field (within the gated property), the lights blink out.
Helicopters have flown over, advanced equipment measuring and recording optical and audio data have been used, every idea one could think of has been used.
Friday evening we went see the lights. I recorded the lights on an old fashioned video camera. I met a man from Midland Texas, he was a Buddhist. Midland is about a three hour drive, I believe he said.
He went their 5 nights a week after work, and stayed all night, leaving his wife all alone.
The lights came out at about 6PM, and we stayed for an hour then left.
Saturday night, I decided I wanted to go again. It was already 8PM, dark, and we were getting up at 6AM to attend Sunday morning service at a local Southern Baptist church.
So my dad being tired, decided to go to sleep early.
I set out by myself, drove to the way station, and saw the Buddhist, along with a crowd of about 25 people. Wanting to get way from the noise, I walked about 50 feet from the way station, saw one lone picnic table and crawled on top of it.
I watched the lights fly around for a while.
In front of me 20 feet was a cattle fence. On the other side appeared two cylindrical spheres, each being 6 1/2 feet tall. These spheres of light stood in front of me, as if beings, staring at me. It was creepy, but I was feeling brave.
After a good while a Mexican family arrived with 9 children.
Seeing the adults at the way station, and seeing me on the picnic table, the children decided it looked more fun on my picnic table. They asked their parents if they could join me, the parents were apprehensive, but gave permission. I swung my Maglite around to light their path. There were certainly rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas and other creepy crawlies nearby in unseen crevices.
As we stood watching the flying white orbs of light seperate, merge and reform, and also the two spheres of light who stood brazenly in front of us, I thought to myself a most clever idea, what a great time to share my faith. It was not like the children were going anywhere, so they were stuck hearing me tell about Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose again, shedding His innocent blood that I might have life.
At the very mention of Jesus name, every single light went out, including the two spheres.

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." James 2:19 KJV

Demons tremble, and fear the very mentions of Jesus holy name.
After the lights went out, the Buddhist stood screaming, shouting and cursing that they had never gone out before.

The children left, and about 20 minutes later I left as well.
As I pulled out of the parking lot, the lights all came back on, one by one.

I drove back to the Hotel Paisano, went inside to my room. My dad was staying on the first floor, the only access to the second floor was by interior stairs, no elevators. It's a hotel where there is only a payphone in the lobby, with one TV. The rooms do not have TV or phones. Knowing I were to get up at the crack of dawn, I opened my window drapes to let light in so I could wake up.
At exactly 3:45AM, I woke up. It was like a dream, in that I had no control over what transpired, but I was more awake and alive than in my conscious state. Do not ask how I knew the time, for I had no clock, or cellphone, only a watch, and it was not nearby.
Hovering outside of my window were a trio of green beings who were floating.
Somehow I knew the trio was stuck outside, unable to enter my room, I was protected by an unseen force which was the Lord Jesus Christ.

It was pitch black, I do not sleep with a nightlight, and it was overcast outside, no moon in sight. Yet I could see quite clearly, with acute clarity. It was disturbing, because I knew things about the world around me, that is not possible to know.
In a mechanical fashion, I sat up in my bed, turned my head, looked at the trio, then looked straight ahead and laid back down, going to sleep instantly.

There is something you have to understand about me, I am not scared of the dark. In fact at my old church I used to walk from on side to the other in darkness, no lights, no flashlight, at midnight.
You could hear doors slamming, footsteps, voices etc.

Back to the motel, At approximately 5AM, I woke up in a panic, it was still pitch black, I could not figure out if I should race to the windows to close the drapes, or to the front door to turn on the lamp. I opted for the light. Next were the drapes being closed. The only thing I could do that was comforting was sit in prayer for an hour til sunrise, with Jesus by my side.
in Christ † William

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting story William.

There are a number of members on this forum who rank as "sensitives". We notice almost everything, we "feel" things, we "know" things. You'll notice the thread concerning the missing lady - Rhonda.

There have been many times when my childhood prayer "Now I lay me down to sleep" made me safe - and I felt safe - that "knowing" feeling.

I used to read palms - not the lines and bumps, but the feeling I received - to tell me a general fate, or the type of person's fate. I didn't want to do that anymore, felt that overwhelming verse = "Beware of false prophecy". But I guess I used it in "self defense". Always know who you are with. I sense evil from across the room, and know when I am in danger at other times.

As far as pushing my faith, I describe myself as a gentle witness.

I study everything, it's compulsive, can't stop, since birth. Be aware of everything and you will be prepared.

Keep the faith, in Christ!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you didn't need to preach to those Latino kids. They were born and raised Catholic and they trust in Our Lady of guadalupe as well as Jesus. The people are as devout as they come. About the Marfa Lights. They have been around a long time, nobody knows what causes them and the state has made a fairly great viewing area for the people that stop. The stories are endless and go on and on. At 66, I have seen them countless times, have crossed the Chinati's on foot and just enjoy the adventure. What they are? Who knows? The mystery should never be solved, but I suspect that a couple of those theories may be right. Also, not every story is true, most are just legends...

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All studies on Marfa lights conclude the same thing, that they are vehicle lights.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My home is in a little valley, with mountains on 3 sides. Last night my brother was here, and as he was leaving for home I walked him to his truck with my spotlight. And then he said there's someone up on that mountain - MY mountain! I looked and saw "headlights" up there. So, I went up there to see what the deal was!

And it was the crescent moon shining through the leafless trees, on the horizon.....

Alas, guess I needed the exercise!

Mother Nature does throw tricks our way!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
My home is in a little valley, with mountains on 3 sides. Last night my brother was here, and as he was leaving for home I walked him to his truck with my spotlight. And then he said there's someone up on that mountain - MY mountain! I looked and saw "headlights" up there. So, I went up there to see what the deal was!

And it was the crescent moon shining through the leafless trees, on the horizon.....

Alas, guess I needed the exercise!

Mother Nature does throw tricks our way!

LOL! Well, I remember growing up in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and we saw lights ABOVE Massenutten Mountain, NO roads up there! Lights would move around slowly, hover;
BEFORE the Resort was built by Del Webb... it was SPOOKY!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread