Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Goodbye, My Friends

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    William Frank Lepley III

Feb 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    32 times

Goodbye, My Friends

@Nitric, I received an email notification containing the question you had asked me in the "True to Life Story of Necromancy" topic, but the topic has since been moved from the forum. I know the moderators closed the "Should I Survive? (Poll)" topic, because they found the topic to be too controversial. I'm not sure what's happening with the "True to Life Story of Necromancy" topic now, and I don't know if I'm permitted to discuss the subject here at all anymore. So I guess I'm unable to answer your question now. I guess our conversation has to end now. Well, I just want to thank you and everyone else here who has wished me good luck. May life bless all of you with happiness and good health for the rest of your lives. Goodbye, my friends.

Sincerely,
    William Frank Lepley III
    Last edited by WilliamFrankLepleyIII; Apr 22, 2016 at 01:08 AM.
    Honest Samuel likes this.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4342 times
    Prospecting
    Actually, I'm with the moderators on this one. Started reading your threads some time ago, but just got lost in the total maze of.....of....well, I just got lost!! Finally started ignoring the posts altogether. Sounds like the work of fiction to me. If it's not, I apologize. If it is fiction, good riddance.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    3082 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The poll was a little much. That could go wrong in many ways and make people uncomfortable. The story or Experience? That could be debated on many levels. Fact or Fiction may be in perception. Either way! I Hope you find what you need or whatever your looking for!! You put a lot of time into sharing your experiences. People don't have to read if they don't want to. Feel free to PM me anytime WFL They may have closed or locked your threads, that doesn't mean you have to go away or not be involved in any other threads or ideas that you have to share. Everyone we meet contributes to our lives in some way by teaching us something!
    I lean towards believing your experiences are real,Sure there is a little doubt to be honest, It's hard for any of us to imagine. And if your fooling us and I'm made a fool for believing? So what. It wouldn't be the first or last time for me! I don't think so, I think you have a story/experience to share for everyone to hear. This just might not be the setting for it, and the mods or site may not allow it for a few reasons. I can also understand that too. You have many friends out here, not everyone will post or come forward. There are many people rooting for you!!!!!

And do you know how rare it is for me to actually write a serious post! That!!! Belongs in the Paranormal thread! That's not normal!
    Last edited by Nitric; Apr 22, 2016 at 12:07 PM.
    kcm, austin, Rebel - KGC and 2 others like this.

us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot
    6580 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    It was redirecting traffic to another site or your blog that is not allowed. You should know the rules right? I explained that to you plain and clear. I was nice enough to let it stand for a while but am now going to delete it.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot
    6580 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Goodbye.
    Rebel - KGC and Honest Samuel like this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    William Frank Lepley III

Feb 2016
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnmountains View Post
    It was redirecting traffic to another site or your blog that is not allowed. You should know the rules right? I explained that to you plain and clear. I was nice enough to let it stand for a while but am now going to delete it.
    I'm sorry, but I had no way to delete the post containing the link to my blog after the topic was already closed. I would've never posted the links if I had known it was against the TOS. The only rules I ever came across related to posting external links are as listed below.

*You may not.... Post links to competing forums in regards to Treasure Hunting.

*You may not.... Advertise on behalf of any business, post links to a business page that you are in any way associated with, or have a username that represents a business. Only official site supporting vendors are permitted to do so.
    Tnmountains and Honest Samuel like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2016
    Illinois
    Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer
    273 times
    Im steppin into the twilight zone is all i could make of your post! Peace be with you.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4342 times
    Prospecting
    I had a nice, expressive post just about finished, but I'm just too beat to think well right now. So, I'll try it again:

You have an interesting amount of writing - at least it was interesting for a while. But I come to Tnet for the treasure-hunting advice/comments that I get from others and they get from me. And while I think it's a wonderful thing that Tnet has a section for psychics, mediums and the paranormal, I think it was just too much. I know it was for me. If I were really into that kinda stuff, I would probably be on those kinds of forums. I am also a member on a gold prospecting forum. We have a section there for Politics, which is apparently pretty darn rare for a non-political forum!! However, there are rarely any posts made to that section. Why? Because the folks that frequent the site go there to talk mining and prospecting; not politics.

All that said, let me say that you write very well. You are literate and you (from what I can remember) choose your words well. I just think it was too intense for this particular forum, IMO.

Now, I have a question - are you even interested in any form of treasure hunting? Metal detecting? Coin roll hunting, stamp collecting, rock hounding? I haven't been searching the archives, but off the top of my head, I can't remember you posting to threads other than yours. If I'm correct on this, it makes me wonder why you signed up with this forum in the first place.

As for the Terms of Service, as I remember, it was more than a simple nod of the head in order to accept the ToS agreement; but maybe I'm mistaken. In any case, we all know that most people don't take the time to read the fine print. And in the case of Tnet, their Rules are not totally written down into words. At first I couldn't understand this. Now, I think they have it this way as their way of providing leniency in certain instances. It just appears you surpassed their leniency.

Please don't be upset. You're a talented writer. But not all of us are fans of Alfred Hitchcock or Chuck Norris or The Simpsons. If, however, any of these folks come out with anything related to mining/prospecting or treasure hunting, they will have gotten my attention!!

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    3082 times
    KCM...That's what makes this site fun and interesting! There are many topics and all types of people from all over. Anything from music threads to whatever you want to explore! I know it's treasure hunting as a core(?), but I've learned so much by just exploring and reading many topics. There are bunch I just skip over that don't interest me. There is a political forum here also, it's very active. The site is a treasure by itself!

(hum hmm, pssst Mods? do I get any extra points for that last sentence?

WFL...Have you ever heard of Graham Harrison? To this day they can't figure out how he is walking and talking. His Brain PET showed activity of someone in a comma state. Now, I know they diagnosed him with a disorder. But he might have been experiencing what you are writing about too. Some of these things they just can't explain! Scientists were baffled!
    Last edited by Nitric; Apr 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM.

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3452 times
    Research/Limited field work
    This poor ole Texas hick had to look up the word necromancy. Guess I'd believe in that if ot would help me find treasure. chicks, or especially free beer...

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4342 times
    Prospecting
    Austin, be careful what you wish for. I'm not a drinker - can't stand the taste of alcohol!! However, I married "my chick" who keeps spending my treasure and making me WANT to drink!

us
    William Frank Lepley III

Feb 2016
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitric View Post
    They may have closed or locked your threads, that doesn't mean you have to go away or not be involved in any other threads or ideas that you have to share. I lean towards believing your experiences are real,Sure there is a little doubt to be honest, It's hard for any of us to imagine. And if your fooling us and I'm made a fool for believing? So what. It wouldn't be the first or last time for me! I don't think so, I think you have a story/experience to share for everyone to hear. This just might not be the setting for it, and the mods or site may not allow it for a few reasons. I can also understand that too. You have many friends out here, not everyone will post or come forward. There are many people rooting for you!!!!!
    I know it's very difficult for most people to believe me, and it's difficult for some people to even understand the information I have disclosed, but I swear on everything I love that I have been expressing myself as truthfully as I possibly can. I'm extremely pleased to know that I have so many supporters out there in this world. I just hope they will all still support me and my physical recovery after my physical condition is medically and scientifically confirmed. I would stick around and chat on the TreasureNet forums, but as you should know by now I'm suffering unimaginably. I really need to seek medical attention at Cleveland Metro Hospital soon. I will post one last message here at TreasureNet the very night before I visit the hospital. Just remember to keep an eye on your television and the internet soon after for the scientific affirmation I have promised you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitric View Post
    WFL...Have you ever heard of Graham Harrison? To this day they can't figure out how he is walking and talking. His Brain PET showed activity of someone in a comma state. Now, I know they diagnosed him with a disorder. But he might have been experiencing what you are writing about too. Some of these things they just can't explain! Scientists were baffled!
    No, I never heard about him until now. Although, I didn't know that a PET scan can detect brain activity. I wonder what scientists will think when they are unable to detect any electrical activity in my brain with an EEG, and they find out that none of my internal organs besides my heart and lungs are still functioning.

us
    William Frank Lepley III

Feb 2016
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    This poor ole Texas hick had to look up the word necromancy. Guess I'd believe in that if ot would help me find treasure. chicks, or especially free beer...
    I don't actually possess any psychic abilities; I just contain information about the universe and the fabric of existence/reality.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    3082 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamFrankLepleyIII View Post
    I know it's very difficult for most people to believe me, and it's difficult for some people to even understand the information I have disclosed, but I swear on everything I love that I have been expressing myself as truthfully as I possibly can. I'm extremely pleased to know that I have so many supporters out there in this world. I just hope they will all still support me and my physical recovery after my physical condition is medically and scientifically confirmed. I would stick around and chat on the TreasureNet forums, but as you should know by now I'm suffering unimaginably. I really need to seek medical attention at Cleveland Metro Hospital soon. I will post one last message here at TreasureNet the very night before I visit the hospital. Just remember to keep an eye on your television and the internet soon after for the scientific affirmation I have promised you.

No, I never heard about him until now. Although, I didn't know that a PET scan can detect brain activity. I wonder what scientists will think when they are unable to detect any electrical activity in my brain with an EEG, and they find out that none of my internal organs besides my heart and lungs are still functioning.
    I'm sorry! I forgot all about him and to look it up again until just now. I didn't do it on purpose. He was diagnosed with cotards. I know you said in earlier in your writing this has nothing to do with that. I get that. What I was saying is that And this is fact!!! He was tested, he was walking and talking and everything else, When they studied the waves of his brain he was in a comatose state, or should have been with the amount of waves that were there. They could not figure it out, and I'm not sure that they have to this day. I'll find it. And post it, there were a few different articles on him. I would actually like to see some more on it. The other video I posted I did find out was false for sure. It was a story made up.

I'll find it, give me a few minutes.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    3082 times
    This is a quick one, I wanted to find one that was more in depth about the actual person. Not some theories of what they "THINK" happened.

In 2013, New Scientist interviewed a man named Graham Harrison, who had attempted suicide 9 years earlier by taking an electrical appliance with him into the bath, and awoke in the hospital believing he was dead. He said:

When I was in hospital I kept on telling them that the tablets weren’t going to do me any good ’cause my brain was dead. I lost my sense of smell and taste. I didn’t need to eat, or speak, or do anything. I ended up spending time in the graveyard because that was the closest I could get to death.

It was his brain which had died. He had fried it, or so he thought. Doctors tried to rationalize with him, but to no avail. Eventually, Graham was referred to Dr Adam Zeman, a neurologist at the University of Exeter, and Dr Steven Laureys, a neurologist at University of Liège. They used positron emission tomography (PET) to monitor his metabolism. What they found was unsettling.

‘Graham’s brain function resembles that of someone during anaesthesia or sleep. Seeing this pattern in someone who is awake is quite unique to my knowledge’, Dr Laureys told New Scientist. ‘I’ve been analysing PET scans for 15 years and I’ve never seen anyone who was on his feet, who was interacting with people, with such an abnormal scan result’. The below image shows the areas of Graham’s brain which are underactive (coloured in blue) in comparison with a healthy person.

C3

Graham is the only patient with Cotard’s Delusion to have undergone a PET scan, and therefore scientists can draw few conclusions about the results since they have no basis for comparison. The condition has been tentatively linked to bipolar disorder in young people, as well as severe depression and schizophrenia in older patients. Treatment of the condition is varied. Typically, those suffering from it are put on a combination of anti-depressants and anti-psychotic drugs, although electroconvulsive therapy has also been known to be successful.

For Graham, psychotherapy and drug treatment has helped ebbed the symptoms of Cotard’s Delusion, though it’s been a long, hard journey. Over the past decade, he could often be found sitting in local graveyards in an attempt to get closer to death. ‘The police would come and get me, though, and take me home’, he said. [3]

Graham is one of the lucky ones. Many who have suffered from the condition in the past have died from starvation, and some have even resorted to pouring acid on themselves in an effort to stop being one of the ‘walking dead’. One thing is for certain: Cotard’s Delusion, or ‘Walking Corpse Syndrome,’ illustrates just how little we still know about the human brain in the 21st century.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links