kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in 6th grade, I wrote a literary piece about this. I thought about how atoms are like little, tiny solar systems. Then wondered if it might be that the Milky Way might be just an atom in some much larger world. Little did I realize people would go to college and even make their career based on this kind of thinking! :tongue3:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Still wondering: They say the "Vacuum of space".:dontknow: Dictionary say's:vacuum
[vak-yoom, -yoo-uh m, -yuh m]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural vacuums for 1, 2, 4–6, vacua [vak-yoo-uh] (Show IPA), for 1, 2, 4, 6.
a space entirely devoid of matter.???
an enclosed space from which matter, especially air, has been partially removed so that the matter or gas remaining in the space exerts less pressure than the atmosphere (opposed to plenum ).???
the state or degree of exhaustion in such an enclosed space.???
a space not filled or occupied; emptiness; void: ???

And don't you have to have something to hold the vacuum???

Endless??? :icon_scratch::dontknow: I'm so confused:laughing7:

I'd like to make a reservation KingsKid. Is it on Travelocity?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still wondering: They say the "Vacuum of space".:dontknow: Dictionary say's:vacuum
[vak-yoom, -yoo-uh m, -yuh m]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural vacuums for 1, 2, 4–6, vacua [vak-yoo-uh] (Show IPA), for 1, 2, 4, 6.
a space entirely devoid of matter.???
an enclosed space from which matter, especially air, has been partially removed so that the matter or gas remaining in the space exerts less pressure than the atmosphere (opposed to plenum ).???
the state or degree of exhaustion in such an enclosed space.???
a space not filled or occupied; emptiness; void: ???

And don't you have to have something to hold the vacuum???

Endless??? :icon_scratch::dontknow: I'm so confused:laughing7:

I'd like to make a reservation KingsKid. Is it on Travelocity?
You'll have to move over to the "dark web"

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
You mention "the vacuum of space" and then go about defining "vacuum". You also have to define "space". Is that "outer space"? What about the massive space between my ears?? There's another huge space in my piggy bank, and another in the cookie jar! space, SPACE, SPACE everywhere. Now let's talk about vacuum. ...There's Eureka, Hoover, then there's.......:laughing7:

We can only theorize about the edges of (outer) space, assuming there are any edges at all. Some believe that space folds in on itself. Others think there is a definite end...you know, the "The-world-is-flat" crowd. And there's the possibility that it simply goes on endlessly. ...Maybe like a video game I once played, where when you reach one far side, you suddenly appear again on the opposite side.
Perplexed.gif

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You mention "the vacuum of space" and then go about defining "vacuum". You also have to define "space". Is that "outer space"? What about the massive space between my ears?? There's another huge space in my piggy bank, and another in the cookie jar! space, SPACE, SPACE everywhere. Now let's talk about vacuum. ...There's Eureka, Hoover, then there's.......:laughing7:

We can only theorize about the edges of (outer) space, assuming there are any edges at all. Some believe that space folds in on itself. Others think there is a definite end...you know, the "The-world-is-flat" crowd. And there's the possibility that it simply goes on endlessly. ...Maybe like a video game I once played, where when you reach one far side, you suddenly appear again on the opposite side.
View attachment 1362887
HA! Think of 10-11 DIMENSIONS of this MULTI-VERSE, going On and ON, and On, and ON... WE ALL SHINE ON! (John Lennon). Heh...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
HA! Think of 10-11 DIMENSIONS of this MULTI-VERSE, going On and ON, and On, and ON... WE ALL SHINE ON! (John Lennon). Heh...

Yes, but most folks have trouble trying to imagine such depths without first being able to imagine it on a smaller scale. There was an episode of....I think it was The Outer Limits that was somewhat along these lines. Eh, Twilight Zone probably had such episodes as well. However, neither were to the extent of thinking of our solar systems as simply atomic structures in a much larger realm. And in that massive realm, for all of their solar systems to be part of an even larger realm.

Imagine looking at a simple atom in an electron microscope. Now imagine trying to see the individual components of that atom - proton, electron, neutron, the nucleus, etc. Now, try imagining that each of these is a universe all its own, and then trying to see down even smaller to life that might exist on one of those teeny-tiny super-sub-atomic particles. Is fairly easy nowdays for me to stretch the imagination that way, but my wife has trouble just grasping the Milky Way, much less our universe! :laughing7:

Rebel, I bet you and I could have quite the conversation!! ...OOooooh...just thinking about the headache I'd probably have afterwards!! Sick - Copy.gif

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Then you have the INNER MULTI-VERSE of CONSCIOUSNESS... Heh. MULTI-LEVELS of MIND, is ALL you need. Mostly THETA Brain Waves... Remember THETA! Dr. Kenneth Ring (Ph.D.), called it MIND-AT-LARGE. VERY interesting!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good discussion guys, is very interesting....

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but most folks have trouble trying to imagine such depths without first being able to imagine it on a smaller scale. There was an episode of....I think it was The Outer Limits that was somewhat along these lines. Eh, Twilight Zone probably had such episodes as well. However, neither were to the extent of thinking of our solar systems as simply atomic structures in a much larger realm. And in that massive realm, for all of their solar systems to be part of an even larger realm.

Imagine looking at a simple atom in an electron microscope. Now imagine trying to see the individual components of that atom - proton, electron, neutron, the nucleus, etc. Now, try imagining that each of these is a universe all its own, and then trying to see down even smaller to life that might exist on one of those teeny-tiny super-sub-atomic particles. Is fairly easy nowdays for me to stretch the imagination that way, but my wife has trouble just grasping the Milky Way, much less our universe! :laughing7:

Rebel, I bet you and I could have quite the conversation!! ...OOooooh...just thinking about the headache I'd probably have afterwards!! View attachment 1363764

kcm, great explanation on just how small it ALL is........quite the thinking kind of thought...:thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and since they are so Small, what about the possibility of things out in that Vast universe,
that need to look in Super powerful Microscopes to see our universe & Still can't
see things as Tiny as us building cities on an electron?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Not scary at all. If this is the case, and we know "our" world has already lasted as long as it has by our standards, then there's no reason (to me) to think that there is a chance of some catastrophic event suddenly wiping out not only the Earth, not only the Milky Way, but our entire Universe.

...Think of it this way - let's think of The Sun as an electron - along with all the other sun's in the Milky Way....or better yet, maybe our entire universe is actually one very tiny electron....and maybe a darker one at that! Anyway, this electron might be emanating from a light bulb in some massively larger realm. If Earth has been around for so many thousands of years, why should we worry about some inconceivable giant suddenly turning off their light switch? If it were to happen, we'd never even know about it. Everything we can see, detect, or even imagine would/could be wiped out in the blink of an eye. ...Only real unknown in that scenario would be, in a blink of OUR eye, or THEIRS!! :dontknow: ...ACK! Time for more Excedrin!! :laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not scary at all. If this is the case, and we know "our" world has already lasted as long as it has by our standards, then there's no reason (to me) to think that there is a chance of some catastrophic event suddenly wiping out not only the Earth, not only the Milky Way, but our entire Universe.

...Think of it this way - let's think of The Sun as an electron - along with all the other sun's in the Milky Way....or better yet, maybe our entire universe is actually one very tiny electron....and maybe a darker one at that! Anyway, this electron might be emanating from a light bulb in some massively larger realm. If Earth has been around for so many thousands of years, why should we worry about some inconceivable giant suddenly turning off their light switch? If it were to happen, we'd never even know about it. Everything we can see, detect, or even imagine would/could be wiped out in the blink of an eye. ...Only real unknown in that scenario would be, in a blink of OUR eye, or THEIRS!! :dontknow: ...ACK! Time for more Excedrin!! :laughing9:

Worse yet they learn how to Split an Atom.
The one we are In :laughing7:

how many trillion civilizations got destroyed during the first nuclear test ?
or building the first camp fire ?

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Or striking a match? Or passing gas? ...Or the real biggie here, striking a match WHILE passing gas?!?!? :tongue3::dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread