predetermined life path, can you alter it ?

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some say, and I also think about, our lives are predetermined paths, set in stone, each and every thought, movement, actions, and on and on.

It is an interesting thing to think about. If I were to find that my life was truly predetermined, I'd try like crazy to throw a wrench into it by acting in a completely, insanely random way just out of spite for who/whatever cruel being that would give me the illusion of free choice, only to undermine it. I prefer to believe that we (individually) are moving in a general direction, dictated by our own choices, preferences, fears, etc. and that many paths go in that general direction. Some people limit their options more than others.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Some say, and I also think about, our lives are predetermined paths, set in stone, each and every thought, movement, actions, and on and on. This is interesting
to me........if this is a fact, than, can we actually throw a curve ball into the mess, our predetermined life's path? This is in the scientific sense of things, so as not to
offend, but rather think about it this way. Can we change our 'life's path' ? Our predetermined path.......or......do you think our life is random, not determined in advance?

Just a off the 'cuff' discussion and conversation, if anyone else has a 'predetermined thought' on this subject.................

This started out to be a PM to Dennis, but it would be much better served in open forum:

So if I'm reading this right, you're simply posing the possibility of changing ones path in life if one believes that their path has already been laid out for them?

In "my" mind, and using such criteria, I would tend to believe that if everything were already written, that if everything is already going to happen in a particular manner, order, etc, then there is nothing that can be done to change that. Seems to me any entity that could know so much as (to us) distant future would also know that far in advance when/if we would choose to try to trick destiny by doing something totally off-the-wall.

For me, personally, I believe that we are traveling our life paths with our spirit alongside, and that this spirit is the "wireless link", if you will, between the body and the soul.

From personal experiences and such, I also believe that a few things are planned out ahead of time - like maybe even before we are born. I would see these as "Finite Life Posts" - things that WILL happen regardless. Personally, I do not think there have been many of these in my life, so I can only believe the same for others.

Next would be the "Short-Term Life Posts" - things that are also predetermined, but as said in a post, determined much closer to actual time of happening, and according to current circumstances in the world.

The rest would simply be 'us' - mankind doing what mankind does best. I also believe there is a constant struggle between Good and Evil as well. However, I'm not entirely convinced that religion has it right - that Evil is something that was brought to mankind in order to intentionally corrupt him. Seems to me more like Evil is a necessary ingredient to life. I said it in another thread....maybe the post I took away in another thread: It has long been said that for there to be Light, there must also be Darkness. For there to be Good, there must also be Evil. For there to be Life, there must also be Death. All of these MUST exist, for without one we can never know the other. What that means is, we need contrast in this physical life. Without contrast, something would simply be invisible to us as we would not have any way of recognizing its existence.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
VERY well stated, kcm... I AGREE with your "Polarity"/"Duality"/"Ying-Yang" statements.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
You can thank old reruns of Kung Fu for that. :tongue3: :laughing9:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The rest would simply be 'us' - mankind doing what mankind does best. I also believe there is a constant struggle between Good and Evil as well. However, I'm not entirely convinced that religion has it right - that Evil is something that was brought to mankind in order to intentionally corrupt him. Seems to me more like Evil is a necessary ingredient to life. I said it in another thread....maybe the post I took away in another thread: It has long been said that for there to be Light, there must also be Darkness. For there to be Good, there must also be Evil. For there to be Life, there must also be Death. All of these MUST exist, for without one we can never know the other. What that means is, we need contrast in this physical life. Without contrast, something would simply be invisible to us as we would not have any way of recognizing its existence.

If creation is infinite, then the sum of all possibilities must be included ("all is one") - including all unique nuances of human existence. Eternalism, quantum physics and other forms of ancient philosophy and modern science conclude that there is no past, present and future - that everything is happening simultaneously. Time as we perceive it is only our way of experiencing our individual life's particular set of the infinite possibilities. If our individual lives are like separate books in an infinite library, then we are forced to live and perceive our own life page by page, even though the entire book - and all books in the library - have already been written, are unique and cannot be changed.

One group of Gnostics claims that our physical universe was created by a mad scientist-type god who wanted to entrap humans in the time stream here, the purpose being that mankind as a group must experience all possibilities here before moving on.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
VERY well stated, kcm... I AGREE with your "Polarity"/"Duality"/"Ying-Yang" statements.

Duality statements are only relative descriptors - personal black/white observations of infinite shades of gray. All shades of gray are necessary to complete the big picture, none of them any more important than any others. That's why Jack the Ripper is just as important to the total human experience as Gautama Buddha.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If creation is infinite, then the sum of all possibilities must be included ("all is one") - including all unique nuances of human existence. Eternalism, quantum physics and other forms of ancient philosophy and modern science conclude that there is no past, present and future - that everything is happening simultaneously. Time as we perceive it is only our way of experiencing our individual life's particular set of the infinite possibilities. If our individual lives are like separate books in an infinite library, then we are forced to live and perceive our own life page by page, even though the entire book - and all books in the library - have already been written, are unique and cannot be changed.

One group of Gnostics claims that our physical universe was created by a mad scientist-type god who wanted to entrap humans in the time stream here, the purpose being that mankind as a group must experience all possibilities here before moving on.

....Say WHAT?!?!? Lost or HUH smiley (small).png

Duality statements are only relative descriptors - personal black/white observations of infinite shades of gray. All shades of gray are necessary to complete the big picture, none of them any more important than any others. That's why Jack the Ripper is just as important to the total human experience as Gautama Buddha.

I feel like I've been lifted up on the wings of an eagle... only to be dropped somewhere into left field! Good vs Evil.gif

:laughing9:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry dude, I'm not quite grasping what you're saying. Your post sounds like something out of a univ textbook!

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This started out to be a PM to Dennis, but it would be much better served in open forum:

So if I'm reading this right, you're simply posing the possibility of changing ones path in life if one believes that their path has already been laid out for them?

In "my" mind, and using such criteria, I would tend to believe that if everything were already written, that if everything is already going to happen in a particular manner, order, etc, then there is nothing that can be done to change that. Seems to me any entity that could know so much as (to us) distant future would also know that far in advance when/if we would choose to try to trick destiny by doing something totally off-the-wall.

kcm,

Very interesting, this paragraph......Thanks !!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Gee Dennis, you actually understood that?!?!? :laughing7:

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes,,,but of course....!!:hello:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! So is MAN/WOMAN...

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... I would tend to believe that if everything were already written, that if everything is already going to happen in a particular manner, order, etc, then there is nothing that can be done to change that. ...

Right, because otherwise how could you decide that you were going to change the future if you don't know the future? People are always saying, "If I were to do that over again, I'd do this instead." That's just whiskey talk because, well, if didn't they do this in the first time, why do they assume they'd do this the second time around? Thing is, we're hard-wired at birth. The religios know this, but there's no money in it for them.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with what you're saying...except that I'm not catching the exact meaning of the last sentence. Aren't churches non-profit? All of them I've ever attended have been.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rebel. The duality thing I've seen it in stone several times out in the field. The order of Janus I believe. I had never thought much of it until this tread.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I know absolutely zilch about the Catholics. ...Plan on keeping it that way, also!! :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey Rebel. The duality thing I've seen it in stone several times out in the field. The order of Janus I believe. I had never thought much of it until this tread.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Well, Janus was the Roman "God", who looks to the Past & Future (2 faces)... YET! If you saw a 2 face carving "out in the field"... COULD be "saying" "I" own ALL of this land, far as I can see. Good example would looking for the SWIFT MINES. Chief DOUBLE-HEAD was an Indian Chief who had "Double Face" Carvings on rocks, etc. He was "saying"... "THIS IS MY LAND!"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread