UFOs: CIA shares trove of declassified files online

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
UFOs and invisible ink: CIA shares trove of declassified files online | Fox News

Published January 19, 2017 FoxNews.com

1484845415273.jpg
File photo - a 'UFO' sighting over Sheffield, U.K, March 4, 1962 (CIA).

The CIA posted almost a million declassified files online this week, offering a fascinating record of unexplained UFO sightings and the agency’s secret operations.

Around 930,000 documents, totaling more than 12 million pages, have been posted online. Previously, the files were only available to the public at the National Archives in Maryland. Spanning early CIA history, the Cold War, Vietnam, and the U-2 reconnaissance aircraft, the archive also details a number of UFO incidents.

A ‘UFO’ search of the archive at Electronic Reading Room on the CIA’s website returns 1,738 items, the earliest of which is dated 1942. Strange sightings are described in files such as a 1966 file detailing an “unusual phenomenon” on the horizon near the border between Iran and the former Soviet Union.

“As we were approaching the Rudeshur beacon, located approximately 25 miles WSW of Mehrabad Airport, Teheran, we suddenly observed a brilliant white sphere approximating the coloration and intensity of full bright moon,” the report says. “The sphere appeared suddenly and at the first sighting was approximately three times the size of a full moon.” The source’s identity is redacted.

A 1953 document describes UFO sightings in Spain, Greece, Algeria and the then French Morocco, detailing a number of incidents based on local newspaper reports. The subject of the file is “Military – unconventional aircraft.”

This is not the first time that the CIA has opened up its UFO files. Last year the agency posted a smaller trove of once-classified UFO documents online.

The documents also offer a rare insight into the CIA’s clandestine operations, such as a confidential document titled “Invisible photography and writing, sympathetic ink, etc.” The file describes a number of methods for producing invisible ink, such as writing with starch on linen. Another method involves a heavily diluted sulphate of copper, which can be used “in writing with a soft tooth pick between printed lines.”

Since 1999, the CIA has regularly released historical declassified records to the National Archives Records Administration (NARA), in College Park, Maryland, but is now placing more and more files online.

“Access to this historically significant collection is no longer limited by geography. The American public can access these documents from the comfort of their homes,” said Joseph Lambert, the CIA Director of Information Management, in a statement.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! WHAT was the FINAL "conclusion" by the CIA...? The "Agency" could have "faked" it ALL, to distract ppl from the "Cold War Fears". IF... we had a Nuclear War back then, it COULDA been blamed on the ALIENS!

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
They did it for a calculated reason, you can bet. Prepping the masses' beliefs for someone's benefit.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think Cape Gerardo Mo, Early 40's.....

Mr . Arnold said they were C resent shaped & sipped in the sky like saucers skipping on water.

The press (in Chicago I think) termed the "Flying Saucer" Name.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I hadn't revisited here since the initial post. I've spent a whole lot of years surrounded by the sky. I've never seen a UFO, but was pretty keen on 1950's Sci-Fi.

But I'm sold that they are real. I've been up close and personal with things which are only supposed to be hysteria. So I'm pretty sure there's a whole lot around us we cannot see.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, in Vietnam, these "Lights" were called "Enemy Helicopters"; SOME Vets told me some interesting stories... my best friend was US NAVY working from a SECRET Radar base in Australia, & "tracked 'em in @ 1972 or so.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, in Vietnam, these "Lights" were called "Enemy Helicopters"; SOME Vets told me some interesting stories... my best friend was US NAVY working from a SECRET Radar base in Australia, & "tracked 'em in @ 1972 or so.

Oh yea, I recall learning that on the Hangar 1 Show.. 'I think' as the NVA did not have Helicopters.
Many Strange Sightings came out of the Vietnam War.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't revisited here since the initial post. I've spent a whole lot of years surrounded by the sky. I've never seen a UFO, but was pretty keen on 1950's Sci-Fi.

But I'm sold that they are real. I've been up close and personal with things which are only supposed to be hysteria. So I'm pretty sure there's a whole lot around us we cannot see.

I have never seen one Either.
Have seen many Meteor's Including a few 'Fire Balls' 'Looked just like Fire Works' , Seen the Space Station 'the first time in 2001 got my juices flowing ' lol, Seen , Many Satellites over the years.

I live 25 miles N of Atlanta & there is "MUCH" light Pollution. "Sadly" I only seen the Milky Way 1 time , & that was on the Road from Cherokee NC through the Smokey Mt's To Gatlinburg TN. That was AWESOME.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

Real or Not, this is far from the main agenda. For an intelligence agency to lay out such a controversial topic by declassifying millions of pages is just screaming distraction. For what, who the heck knows and who cares, but there is no other reason.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real or Not, this is far from the main agenda. For an intelligence agency to lay out such a controversial topic by declassifying millions of pages is just screaming distraction. For what, who the heck knows and who cares, but there is no other reason.

Hmmmmmmmm??????

It does make one wonder.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a pretty good 1956 documentary on UFO's:

]

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Its meant to distract us from metal detecting. How alse could one explain its presence on t-net. Notice how the flying saucers bare an uncanny resemblance to coils.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The "Nazi Saucers" during WWII were ALSO "Crescent-shaped"... like jets.
Admiral Byrd's OPERATION HIGHJUMP in Antarctica were attacked by flying saucers and during the 1957 International Geophysical Year, the United States detonated three atomic bombs as a test.
The Nazi's did have a U-boat base in Antarctica in an area with thermal springs, and SS Gen Kammler, head of the Nazi's secret weapons research loaded up a Henkel with the research papers and scientists and fly off into history, never to been seen again.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Supermanmolemen.jpg
The Hollow earth theory was well documented in 1951. It was learned that it it the home of the Mole People.
Thats why I maintain a reasonable limit on how deep I will dig a hole. Stay safe!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread